Fifth Harmony f/ Gucci Mane - "Down"

URBAN

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • #FreeBritney Activist
11 minutes ago, Eros said:

Had they actually had a He Like That type of video for this song it would've smashed. The song is SO GOOD! 

Of course EPIC did the exact opposite of what they should have done.

z2rGEZe.gif

Just rediscovered this song and I can't believe it flopped. Yes, it is a watered down WFH but it still knocks. I blame the video to be honest and of course Epic (Fail)'s incompetence.

4 hours ago, Harmonizer said:

I blame the one performance on release day and then not promoting it at all until after it dropped on radio.

What? :eek: That performance was amazing. I think it just didn't take off because it sounded too much like WFH. I keep coming back to it, tho. It's so good.

I still can’t believe they gave us this as their debut as a four piece when they had Angel. Someone sabotaged them. 

This is would have been fine as an album track, but it just didn’t work as the lead. 

16 minutes ago, lovato1017 said:

I still can’t believe they gave us this as their debut as a four piece when they had Angel. Someone sabotaged them. 

This is would have been fine as an album track, but it just didn’t work as the lead. 

Angel would have been the new introduction they needed. Such a missed opportunity but we always have the next album. I’m ready for them to finish the next leg of the tour, forgoe a US tour and come back with a new album. 

26 minutes ago, lovato1017 said:

Angel was the sound they needed to smash. Poppy harmony doesn't smash! 

hope they learned that they can’t just slap a random rap feature on a song that repeats the same word for 2 minutes straight and smash. this didn’t deserve to chart

4 hours ago, KarlosVzla said:

What? :eek: That performance was amazing. I think it just didn't take off because it sounded too much like WFH. I keep coming back to it, tho. It's so good.

That performance was Lit!!! And I'm sorry but ma sis "Down" don't sound like WFH ya"'ll need ya ears checked.

Down was definitely WFH’s less stunning sister, but she still bop’t. 

I think the problem was that the b-section & chorus didnt punch very hard. I wish they had either taken more time to better write those sections it could have had a chance. 

HOWEVER, Angel would have been the coolest choice.  I’ll be honest, I don’t think it would have been another monster hit for them but it would have performed better than Down.  But speaking of performing well, their live performances of Angel are tragic so in a way I’m actually happy with Down being the first single because they can at least slay a performance of it. Angel always sounds a mess live unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, FLAallday said:

Down was definitely WFH’s less stunning sister, but she still bop’t. 

I think the problem was that the b-section & chorus didnt punch very hard. I wish they had either taken more time to better write those sections it could have had a chance. 

HOWEVER, Angel would have been the coolest choice.  I’ll be honest, I don’t think it would have been another monster hit for them but it would have performed better than Down.  But speaking of performing well, their live performances of Angel are tragic so in a way I’m actually happy with Down being the first single because they can at least slay a performance of it. Angel always sounds a mess live unfortunately. 

its because they use a live band for an edm song 

14 hours ago, KarlosVzla said:

The performance was a good one, but you can't help support a song with promo on its release day, and hope that keeps it afloat for a long time.

3 hours ago, popularmoonlight said:

its because they use a live band for an edm song 

The live band really need to stop it ruins the whole studio song vibe for me in live like whyyyy :rip: 

1 hour ago, Harmonizer said:

The performance was a good one, but you can't help support a song with promo on its release day, and hope that keeps it afloat for a long time.

the song was DOA based on quality alone

it's a bop but it doesn't sound like a hit

I hate to say this but #she definitely has better ears in picking hits. the girls and their AR just have bad taste. and Epic not sabotaging them so... :rip: 

6 hours ago, dondiva said:

The live band really need to stop it ruins the whole studio song vibe for me in live like whyyyy :rip: 

yea the song sucks live, and I had high expectatiosn

Archived