Is Gaga the most successful transition to film since Barbra Streisand?

Link16

16 hours ago, dabunique said:

no, she hasn't even won an Oscar for acting and has had one hit movie

Y'all need to leave dat Oscar win at home, its for a song written for a movie, not for acting

when she wins an Acting Oscar then maybe and still she doesn't beat da likes of Barbara, Cher, or even Jennifer Hudson

its not a problem, its a crutch u stans like to use

yes she is an academy award winner for best song written for a motion picture

u guys r trying to use it as an example of how acclaimed her acting is .. u guys r a mess

Are you really implying that she didn't succeed her transition just because she didn't win an oscar for acting? :skull:

The most coveted award ever that some acting legends had to wait years to win ? :skull:

Wheewww the extremely high standards y all put her through is something else :dies:

Please stop the dumb narrative for the sake of stanwars.

The fact her 2 first movies got her universal acclaim and got praised to the heavens withtout mentioning the big box office numbers and accolades proove the transition is undeniable at this point and yes the first one since Cher.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Assassin

• EnigmaticAndroid

• GraceRandolph

• Resquid

Gaga has one good film so far. I guess she wins???? 

For women, possibly. 

Will Smith is King (unfortunately he acted like an ass earlier this year.)

Monsters getting a little too bold these days

Wait, wouldn't that be Cher? Anywho, I guess Liddos are always right. Gaga is obviously the best transition from pop star to movie icon. Barbra could only dream.

4 minutes ago, Slayn said:

Monsters getting a little too bold these days

and as usual, stay seething about it. :coffee2:

--

Yes she is. Like, everyone just seem to flop.

On 8/12/2022 at 7:24 AM, abrahamjmr said:

Yeah, she is. Even though House Of Gucci wasn't a smash hit, she got acclaim for her role and that plays a really important role in a actor's career. She's coming with another movie that will probably get acclaim and it will do numbers at the box office. People have mentioned J.Lo, but she hasn't really gotten that much acclaim until very recently and she's got roles in movies like Gigli. Cher is the only other one I could think of, so that would put Gaga in a top three of artists most would desire to be apart of.

J.Lo isn’t a good reference because she was a dancer turned actress and then entered the music industry after already being successful in film. As for acclaim, Jennifer Lopez was already a Golden Globes nominated actress before releasing her first single If You Had My Love. She definitely showed, like Barbra and Cher years before her, how profitable it would be to be a crossover singer-actress / actress-singer in the new millennial.

OT: Yes, Gaga is the right example to take. She’s on an amazing trajectory in film and I believe it will only get better from here on out.

Edited by insomniac

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.