• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• Miles.

• nathanspears

• Angelo

• 4 weeks later...

A new UK adaption of the entertainment phenomenon has been commissioned by BBC One and BBC iPlayer from Banijay UK company Remarkable Entertainment, run by leading entertainment producers Natalka Znak and Claire O’Donohoe.

The brand new 16 x 60’ series of the ultimate physical and psychological gameshow promises viewers a compelling test of brains, brawn and betrayal as players compete to outwit, out play and outlast their rivals to be crowned the Ultimate Survivor.

20 people, carefully selected from across the UK will be marooned in a tropical location. They will be divided into two tribes, going head-to-head in a range of physical and psychological challenges. Following a number of eliminations that will take place at the iconic tribal council, the tribes will eventually merge before one person takes away a cash prize and proves that they have what it takes to be the Ultimate Survivor.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2022/survivor-2023

Excited but they really need to show the US version here in the UK.

When our Big Brother got gamey and schemey, the public HATED it.

They need to see the US as an example first.

Edited by nathanspears

2 hours ago, nathanspears said:

Excited but they really need to show the US version here in the UK.

When our Big Brother got gamey and schemey, the public HATED it.

They need to see the US as an example first.

Perfect. We need seasons that focus more on the personal/social dynamics. The way the last South African season was absolute trash once the fun messes left and all that was left were all the gamebots nonstop talking game and analogies :rip: (a level the US version has been for almost a decade now). Ditto for the most recent Ausvivor season. UKvivor we're rooting for you. 

2 minutes ago, splozo said:

Perfect. We need seasons that focus more on the personal/social dynamics. The way the last South African season was absolute trash once the fun messes left and all that was left were all the gamebots nonstop talking game and analogies :rip: (a level the US version has been for almost a decade now). Ditto for the most recent Ausvivor season. UKvivor we're rooting for you. 

Personal and social dynamics are still part of a game. From what I know (I didn't actually watch it), on our Big Brother many years ago someone tried to "play a game" with scheming, alliances and he was destroyed by the contestants, general public and media. He was hated.

I just want expectations for what the show is to be set now.

They had better get some actually interesting people as well, that's what makes Survivor work so well. THE PEOPLE. I don't want influencers and Love Island wannabes :skull:

I just realised... it's on BBC so that means no or very little cash prize... the fact it's $1 million is kind of the whole point...

I know it didn’t hit the first time but I can’t believe it took them 20 years to revive it. Should I apply? :gaycat2:

1 hour ago, nathanspears said:

Personal and social dynamics are still part of a game. From what I know (I didn't actually watch it), on our Big Brother many years ago someone tried to "play a game" with scheming, alliances and he was destroyed by the contestants, general public and media. He was hated.

I just want expectations for what the show is to be set now.

They had better get some actually interesting people as well, that's what makes Survivor work so well. THE PEOPLE. I don't want influencers and Love Island wannabes :skull:

I would argue that to the extreme that BBUK was in terms of having zero gameplay SurvivorUS is fast approaching an equal distance on the opposite side of the pendulum (if not there already, is actively encouraged to get there) where there are comparatively almost zero actual personal moments that are not meta and relevant to tHE gAEm!1! outside of episode 1 intros

honestly i would find a docu-style survivor based almost solely on the (expectations for an emphasis on) personal dynamics extremely refreshing (give us a UKvivor borneo tbh) but a middle ground is what I am hopeful for. 

gamebot mess survivor seasons that are glorified chess matches are a dime a dozen nowadays

On 9/5/2022 at 11:35 PM, nathanspears said:

I just realised... it's on BBC so that means no or very little cash prize... the fact it's $1 million is kind of the whole point...

Not them blindsiding players for Ru badges :deadbanana2:

• 8 months later...

Coming this fall :duca:

• 2 months later...

The host :jonny2:

Spoiler

spacer.png
spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

We will be tuned in!

• 2 months later...

Hope this is more like Survivor AU and not the flop new school US Survivor :pukey: 

On 9/5/2022 at 4:35 PM, nathanspears said:

On 9/11/2022 at 2:04 AM, genetic fail said:

Not them blindsiding players for Ru badges :deadbanana2:

On 9/11/2022 at 2:07 AM, Dula Peep said:

Starving on an island for 39 days for no money I- :deadbanana4:

The prize is £100,000.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

The prize is £100,000.

How?

• 2 weeks later...

The host is hot

• 2 weeks later...

Who is watching? I like it so far.

Thought it was a pretty boring first episode actually. I'll continue to watch but the players don't seem the most charismatic... nothing to pull you in.

The producers also need to kill the pop music. I don't want to hear Dua Lipa. This isn't Love Island.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.