Should Russians be banned from Europe?

Revolution

∞  

39 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes
    • No

No. There are a lot of Russian citizens who don't agree with the situation with Ukraine. Unfortunately their government and neighbours attitudes permit them from saying so. It would be like banning every American citizen from countries where abortion is an accessible right. 

No, not only is this dangerous, it creates a hostile environment for every innocent Russian in every single country. Attack Putin, not the people who happen to be born in the country run by him.

A majority of Russians live in Europe. Russia is culturally European, a good chunk of the country is in Europe. 

That makes zero sense to say they cant be in Europe when most Russians are European. 

15 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

No. There are a lot of Russian citizens who don't agree with the situation with Ukraine. Unfortunately their government and neighbours attitudes permit them from saying so. It would be like banning every American citizen from countries where abortion is an accessible right. 

12 minutes ago, Velvet Night said:

No, not only is this dangerous, it creates a hostile environment for every innocent Russian in every single country. Attack Putin, not the people who happen to be born in the country run by him.

End of discussion. 

That's not what they're asking for though. There's plenty of Russians living full time abroad. They want to limit tourism not deport people USSR style.:dies: 

Edited by Illuminati

Well my country has halted issuing visas for Russian tourists for now but overall, I have mixed feelings about this. Russians living in my country act very entitled - they refuse to learn the language (which is similar to Russian, mind you) and look down on the natives. But on the other hand even anti-Putin Russians are discriminated against which is not really the tea because you are discriminating and judging somebody by virtue of being born in Russia.. which is kinda xenophobic.

And Zelenskyy can sit down for a moment.

Edited by Pendulum

At this point everyone should stay on their own countries then. Where’s the energy with Israeli or Saudis ? You would think Russia is the only country which invaded a country. :matty:

Edited by Dialamba

3 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

At this point everyone should stay on their own countries then. Where’s the energy with Israeli or Saudis ? You will think Russia is the only country which invaded a country. :matty:

Israelis are already banned in many Muslim countries. 

Xenophobia is never the answer. That creates a very dangerous situation and can turn to hatemongering very quickly

2 hours ago, Revolution said:

There is debate over this. 

Zelenski is so stupid :ahh: like Russians need shelter from the war too, they are also suffering from all this. Also I'm tired of him speaking and demanding things to other European countries... man be thankful we are helping you, if you don't like people spreading hate amongst your own, don't do it for the others. He's truly showing his own colours 

Yes, they can rot with their belowed dictator in their undeveloped, homofobic,  ugly a** country :alexz2:

Edited by Raptus

I mean I say no, on the other hand you see many russians living in EU countries still defending that dictator and their country's actions, supporting them even and it pisses me off. However, they should definitely take away the visas of those stupid russian oligarchs that love to to enjoy the EU

7 hours ago, Joesuxx said:

No. Xenophobia is not a solution. 

No. Not all Russians are evil. Some are innocent and want out.

Oligarchs should but many Russian citizens hate the government, have ties to Ukraine and want/deserve freedom. Let’s not blame citizens who have no political power for the acts of the elite.

All the Russians i know here struggles already for the actions of their government :smiley: 

Many Russians can only openly express their anti-Kremlin stance once they flee Russia, so no, this does not track at all.

12 minutes ago, Phantom said:

Many Russians can only openly express their anti-Kremlin stance once they flee Russia, so no, this does not track at all.

Majority of Russians support Putin’s war in Ukraine though. https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/ukrainealert/more-than-three-quarters-of-russians-still-support-putins-ukraine-war/

17 minutes ago, Samsara said:

The latest polling data from Russia...

A survey conducted in late May by Russia’s only remaining independent pollster...

There has been considerable speculation over scale of Russian backing for the war in Ukraine, with critics questioning the credibility of numerous government-linked surveys showing strong levels of support.

While any attempt to accurately gauge opinion in a dictatorship is notoriously difficult, the Levada Center’s recent data is likely to be the most legitimate available indication of public feeling toward the war.

Again, I'm not trying to imply that Russians are innocent snowchildren, but I am saying it's not as clear cut. Many street interviews from independent citizens also run into this problem where many Russians will simply say they don't want to answer on camera. This is why I also said when they flee/move out of Russia.

Either way, banning them is very myopic.

Edited by Phantom

if we use this logic then americans and brits should be banned from the rest of the world for the heinous things their governments did

Russian citizens are not responsible for the actions of their government. Many of them actually left Russia specifically because of the government, they shouldn't be punished for Putin's actions.

This is a terrible idea.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.