Langya Virus

Tusk

Yeah I'm not going through all this again

billie-eilish-is-fucking-OVER.thumb.gif.

hell naw please give us a break

Here we go again greatest hits tour :gaycat6:

15 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

I remember this psychic tweet back in early 2019 that said something like " ENJOY this year because you won't find similar peace" :rip:  

Everyday im finding that to become accurate. Im tired. 

Looking back at 2019, it seems like that was a complete different era for humanity. It's so disturbing how fast (and dramatically) things can change.

https://www.newsweek.com/new-virus-langya-related-nipah-transmitted-shrews-1732416

The NEJM letter describes the symptoms of the 35 Langya patients. It said that of the 26 patients who were infected with Langya alone, had a fever, 54 percent were experiencing fatigue, 50 percent had a cough, 46 percent had muscle aches and pain, 38 percent had nausea, and 35 percent had a headache. The same number reported vomiting.

Half of the patients had anorexia, while 35 percent developed thrombocytopenia—a condition where the platelet count in the blood drops too low. Over half developed leukopenia, where a person's white blood cell count drops. Thirty five percent developed impaired liver function, and eight percent had impaired kidney function.

23 hours ago, terrorblade said:

aespa's impact

my first thought too :gaycat2:

discussion] Do we need another Reset? - The Lounge - ATRL

At this point, I only hope this doesn't spread. COVID & Monkeypox are bad enough. 

On 8/10/2022 at 1:21 PM, Genius1111 said:

https://www.newsweek.com/new-virus-langya-related-nipah-transmitted-shrews-1732416

The NEJM letter describes the symptoms of the 35 Langya patients. It said that of the 26 patients who were infected with Langya alone, had a fever, 54 percent were experiencing fatigue, 50 percent had a cough, 46 percent had muscle aches and pain, 38 percent had nausea, and 35 percent had a headache. The same number reported vomiting.

Half of the patients had anorexia, while 35 percent developed thrombocytopenia—a condition where the platelet count in the blood drops too low. Over half developed leukopenia, where a person's white blood cell count drops. Thirty five percent developed impaired liver function, and eight percent had impaired kidney function.

um how can a disease give someone anorexia ? and so quickly too.. did it make them not want to eat? Watch it become a trend to get this disease so ppl can lose weight :biblio:

Stop funding the meat industry or animal products, or reap what you sow. Zoonotic diseases are only going to become more prevalent and less treatable. 

On 8/9/2022 at 1:55 PM, Tusk said:

Can we just supply them food so they stop eating rodents?

On 8/9/2022 at 1:58 PM, xclusivestylesz said:

Maybe it's time to stop treating zoos as an all you can eat 

On 8/9/2022 at 2:07 PM, Jagger said:

Oh wow what a surprise. That country again 

The racism :biblio:

Not China coming with a rerelease deluxe edition

Jokes aside I don't even care at this point :toofunny3:

13 minutes ago, Ichinaru19 said:

I’d say this about white people too.  Nothing to do with race 

3 hours ago, Ichinaru19 said:

Oh please. Get a grip. Calling out the fact that this country needs to ban wet markets and start eating stuff that's safe to eat so they stop producing a novel zoonotic virus for the rest of the world to worry about each year is NOT racism. If Norway ate bats and shrews I'd be saying the same thing. The virtue signaling :toofunny2: 

Edited by Jagger

In theory, we probably don't have to worry too much.

1. 35 cases in 4 years (but of course, the true number may be many times higher)

2. China is practising COVID-zero, so this can help to protect vulnerable populations

3. China has made it more difficult for its citizens to leave the country, so the spread beyond its borders won't happen, for now.

Can they just nuke us instead of killing us softly. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.