iOS 16 brings back battery percentage in the status bar

Hephaestus

iphone-battery-percentage-1.jpg?w=2500&quality=82&strip=all&ssl=1

It's been years since battery percentage has been missing from the status bar, but it looks like it'll finally make its comeback in iOS 16.

How do you feel about it? Were you waiting for it since they removed it when iPhone X launched? Share your thoughts :gaycat3:

I just moved to iPhone and this was one of many stupid things I hate about this phone. So counter intuitive...

You are telling me these phones didn't have a battery percentage bar...

Edited by mystery

5 minutes ago, mystery said:

You are telling me these phones didn't have a battery percentage bar...

They did, but for some reason it was removed when iPhone X came out a few years ago. You can still see the battery percentage from Control Center, but it requires a swipe.

1 minute ago, Hephaestus said:

They did, but for some reason it was removed when iPhone X came out a few years ago. You can still see the battery percentage from Control Center, but it requires a swipe.

That is so dumb :biblio:

Android has this feature since 1932 :giraffe:

7 minutes ago, arceus said:

Android has this feature since 1932 :giraffe:

It's been part of iOS since... the first iPhone?  Apple removed it because they didn't have enough room when they added the notch.

@OP It's great to have it back (I personally won't be using it tho), but I don't think filling in the icon completely no matter if it's at 1% or 99% makes sense.  I get why they needed to do it for text legibility, but it hints at always being fully charged.  Maybe they can remove the battery icon and just show a percentage with a smaller vertical battery icon.  I think Android shows it that way.

iOS became counterintuitive a few years ago tbh. Especially the new camera app. It's also kinda ugly. Hard to believe it's made by the same people who make MacOS

I forgot about it on my 12 pro max despite having it on my jailbroken X 

the new iOS 16 Lock Screen widgets show it anyway 

i didn't even realize it was gone :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Hephaestus said:

There is a reason and it’s the nudge :rip:

It couldn’t fit but this is an easy solve 

Edited by americanshameless

I actually prefer having to swipe to see it. I hate having to look at the percentage all the time. Makes me conscious of usage etc. Whereas without it I worry about it less.

Good. I am missing it:foxaylove2:

I cannot wait til October or whatever month it will be available publicly  

Using an iPhone in 2022 is sooo old fashioned. I'm in love with my S22 Ultra :allears:

Can’t wait I’m excited because my phone keeps dying because i have no clue

I've been swiping down every time to see my battery percentage... I guess this will save some time.

2 hours ago, LeMésTragique said:

The innovations :jonnycat:

Their minds

b42c73337b7ad0ac7d5ac031c1b7fdce.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.