• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBLadyG

• Lovett

• glamrock<3

• Rotunda

The fact that she's NOT even trying to market this era in the most optimal way feasible and that these are the lowballing predictions for someone in their 40s is beyond incredible. Wow! 

5 minutes ago, Beyonce-Minaj said:

The fact that she's NOT even trying to market this era in the most optimal way feasible and that these are the lowballing predictions for someone in their 40s is beyond incredible. Wow! 

she is having a viral tik tok+ massive radio support and big playlisting. this is probably most of the things that you need in 2022. it is way more effective than a tv show/ video

20 minutes ago, Star dance said:

she is having a viral tik tok+ massive radio support and big playlisting. this is probably most of the things that you need in 2022. it is way more effective than a tv show/ video

Isn't that what everyone's doing? I don't see Dua or Doja getting 300K. Even Gaga had all those during her debut week and her past albums had radio support but still couldn't sell 300K..

26 minutes ago, Star dance said:

That's organic and nothing to do with her team's refusal in opting to capitalize on marketing efforts that would optimally direct her into the route of virality. For crying out loud: she hasn't dropped the music video, fails to do anything creative to push those vocal pedagogical dissections of BMS, and her staff isn't even engaging properly on social media plus the fact that they're missing a slew of marks that would catapult the sales to new heights. Despite aforementioned shortcomings and all other climatic music industry factors considered, these are the numerical predictions? Too impressive, if you ask me.

On another note, everyone should be analogizing her sales situation to the concept of adjusting for inflation in the economic sense and then we'd have an objectively clearer picture of what these numbers truly denote in the grand scheme of matters. Her approach, which seems to be viable, is the longevity effect, reminiscent of Run The World, where every moment is essentially milking the situation to produce long-term, culturally impactful consequences. As we gradually progress temporally, BMS, for instance, keeps growing on people and is consequentially becoming more and more sonically appealing and stable on the charts. Compare the initial reactions of BMS to how the GP is receiving it now! I initially disliked the song and then psychologically converted to being utterly infatuated with the record. The album is slowly but surely exhibiting a synonymous effect to listeners and creating new fans in the process, and we will eventually appreciate the notion at play in full swing sales/impact wise. 

Edited by Beyonce-Minaj

2 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Isn't that what everyone's doing? I don't see Dua or Doja getting 300K. Even Gaga had all those during her debut week and her past albums had radio support but still couldn't sell 300K..

radio actually didn't really touch gaga since artpop. she did have modarate radio hits but it was hardly pushing her singles. even shallow only smashed in radio after smashing in streaming for months.

and yeah a lot of pop girls are doing it, however the "0 promo" claim is simpley wrong.

doja and dua are not great examples for it because even though they debut not that high they have insame lasing power which very few artists have. 

20 minutes ago, Star dance said:

radio actually didn't really touch gaga since artpop. she did have modarate radio hits but it was hardly pushing her singles. even shallow only smashed in radio after smashing in streaming for months.

and yeah a lot of pop girls are doing it, however the "0 promo" claim is simpley wrong.

doja and dua are not great examples for it because even though they debut not that high they have insame lasing power which very few artists have. 

The point is that Beyoncé does indeed have that "lasting power" you speak of with half-assed marketing and via organic means, seeing as how BMS is still stable on the charts. The other implication was that hypothetically, if her team put forth 110% in marketing, the immediate and lasting power would be of even greater value by leagues and echelons. 

Edited by Beyonce-Minaj

4 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

Meanwhile, this "decline" is outperforming their fave's latest album that they deem a "smash" :gaycat2:

The ironic definition of an smash.. seems like it's smashing to the left :lakitu:

7 minutes ago, Beyonce-Minaj said:

The point is that Beyoncé does indeed have that "lasting power" you speak of with half-assed marketing and via organic means, seeing as how BMS is still stable on the charts. The other implication was that hypothetically, if her team put forth 110% in marketing, the immediate and lasting power would of even greater value by leagues and echelons. 

I'm always amused by people that think Beyoncé has no lasting power.. she's been one of the most consistent artists since she's debuted. I can't name many artists that have that lasting power :dancehall:

25 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Doja has became one of my favorite newer artists.. but, I'm afraid I have to admit I don't see her opening 300k in first week sales. But, her consistency on the charts is her saving grace. 

8 hours ago, HeWolf said:

In Europe its gonna serve 3-37-98-OUT

I'd love to know what you're basing this on. Because it's surely not the incredibly stable smash Apple Music performance we're seeing globally right now.

22 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I'd love to know what you're basing this on. Because it's surely not the incredibly stable smash Apple Music performance we're seeing globally right now.

The drop on Spotify on the second day is way worse in Europe than in the US where she will probably still be top 10 on the second week.

7 minutes ago, HeWolf said:

The drop on Spotify on the second day is way worse in Europe than in the US where she will probably still be top 10 on the second week.

Please share the numbers so we can see this "way worse" drop in Europe, because I haven't seen that stated anywhere aside from your post.

14 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Please share the numbers so we can see this "way worse" drop in Europe, because I haven't seen that stated anywhere aside from your post.

For any further complains, questions or suggestions, please refer to https://support.spotify.com/

Idk why my fellow monsters are so intent on embarrassing themselves here. There has been a massive sales decline since Lemonade and these numbers may go up anyway. 

Chromatica wouldn't have done what it did without bundles anyway. Then again Beyonce isn't releasing in the pandemic the week George Floyd was murdered. The circumstances are different which is why it's ridiculous to compare the two releases. 

6 hours ago, Protocol said:

I mean I love Ga Ga but her first week sales are literally 35k -> 180 -> 1.18M* (99 cents oferta) -> (dives off cliff) 258k -> 200k -> 235k (#thankyoubradley) -> 275k (#thankyoujockstraps #thankyouariana)

Whereas Beyonce is 350k -> 550k -> 500k -> 310k -> 680k (only three days) -> 650k -> 275-315k

It's not Beyonce who is going to be dragged with the comparison

I'm sorry but this is so idiotic. Taking away Gaga's credit for her own numbers even tho SHE wrote and co-produced all those songs that turned out to be hits? :biblio:  Ariana had multiple other collabs with other artists that failed to become hits, she's far from having Drake status with every song featuring her becoming a hit :toofunny2: 

And the utter irony in this being used as an argument in favor of Beyonce when we all know damn well she barely has an actual writing/producing input in her songs :toofunny2:

Joanne (201k) -> ASIB (238k) -> Chromatica (274k)

Gaga worked hard on these acclaimed projects (every album won either a Grammy or an Oscar) and her numbers getting bigger with every new project containing original music is quite impressive considering how much her numbers dipped after BTW.

I'm rooting for Bey, she deserves her success and she is already in the legends teritory. Not all of us Monsters are haters. 

Maybe you can use some other arguments againts Gaga and in favor of Beyonce WITHOUT taking away credit for either of them as they are hard working women, the easiest thing for you or any of us is to log in to a forum while being anonymous and "drag" them when they have achieved more than any of us would in 3 lifetimes :doc:

Edited by Hot Volcano

Mess @ they originally predicted her to debut around 500k

3 hours ago, Star dance said:

I heard SL, ROM and HMH all the time on the radio here; unlike Beyoncé who basically had 0 radio hits during 2016 and only a couple of hits in 2013/14. 

23 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

I'm sorry but this is so idiotic. Taking away Gaga's credit for her own numbers even tho SHE wrote and co-produced all those songs that turned out to be hits? :biblio:  Ariana had multiple other collabs with other artists that failed to become hits, she's far from having Drake status with every song featuring her becoming a hit :toofunny2: 

And the utter irony in this being used as an argument in favor of Beyonce when we all know damn well she barely has an actual writing/producing input in her songs :toofunny2:

Gaga worked hard on these acclaimed projects (every album won either a Grammy or an Oscar) and her numbers getting bigger with every new project containing original music is quite impressive considering how much her numbers dipped after BTW.

I'm rooting for Bey, she deserves her success and she is already in the legends teritory. Not all of us Monsters are haters. 

Maybe you can use some other arguments againts Gaga and in favor of Beyonce WITHOUT taking away credit for either of them as they are hard working women, the easiest thing for you or any of us is to log in to a forum while being anonymous and "drag" them when they have achieved more than any of us would in 3 lifetimes :doc:

Irony you reckon? 

23 minutes ago, benyonce said:

Irony you reckon? 

Its a known FACT, even Kelis brought it up the other day, I wasn't taking any credit from Bey, sit your ass down :coffee2:

46 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

I heard SL, ROM and HMH all the time on the radio here; unlike Beyoncé who basically had 0 radio hits during 2016 and only a couple of hits in 2013/14. 

well, i was talking about the us radio. in most charts radio is not included but in the us it is a big factor. i know gaga is doing better on europan radios but in the us she was struggling.

16 hours ago, Pop said:

BEYONCE - 617K

Lemonade - 653K

RENAISSANCE - 275K

not a 60% decline :deadbanana4:

10 hours ago, Doogle said:

Born This Way - 1,108,000

ARTPOP - 258,000

Why would you do this to yourself :sad: 

Not to mention Gaga is serving this decline a mere 5 years into her career vs Beys 25 years :rip:  

Some of ya'll really do not think before pressing post :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

I'm rooting for Bey, she deserves her success and she is already in the legends territory. Not all of us Monsters are haters. 

I love Gaga but she rarely executes her work well to gain the consistency and proper acclaim she deserves.

if she returns that A team she had for BTW,TF, Shallow and TFM. She equally would wreck havoc on sales. 

Chromatica had massive potential to acquire massive sales, if she released an Alice or 911 as the beginning  just like Break My Soul(to avoid the backlash with gay men in the video, then will drop it after the song runs its course on the charts:fan:

or good music videos for the album like Lemonade-

Chromatica would have been an experience

but SOL and its video to an extent, watered down the album.

Also less exposure and corny promotion that later is posted by massive tabloids

Now she has work ahead of her to build up the after Shallow effect with  a 'i cant argue with that good music album or single'. 

She should check Bey's technique. 

Anyway, this thread is about Beyonce and we cheer her acclaim, sales from allowing the music to speak and it worked.:clap3: 

3 minutes ago, L.B GAGA said:

I love Gaga but she rarely executes her work well to gain the consistency and proper acclaim she deserves.

if she returns that A team she had for BTW,TF, Shallow and TFM. She equally would wreck havoc on sales. 

You spoke the words out of my mind.. like, I say this as someone who's followed Gaga's career from the beginning of her mainstream career.. 2008 before Just Dance starting to truly rise on the charts. She has the creativity and vision.. but, the execution has produced mixed results (this is evident in the latter half of her career). 

Edited by glamrock<3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.