• Rotunda

35 minutes ago, Pop said:

BEYONCE - 617K

Lemonade - 653K

RENAISSANCE - 275K

not a 60% decline :deadbanana4:

You’re gonna be tagged in so many things next week, I already know 

1 hour ago, Rotunda said:

I’m sorry you’re really grasping at straws here. A bunch of random cultural critics from Vulture, AV Club, or Pitchfork making articles does not translate to 100k+ in sales. It just doesn’t. If you’re annoyed that people call her Queen Bey when she isn’t the top selling woman then fine, but critical acclaim, cultural relevance and reverence do not directly translate into commercial sales. Many of the legends were never the biggest sellers.

Acting like it’s underwhelming for a 40 year old woman who’s been in the game for over 20 years to outdo everyone but 2-3 other women (none of which whom share her racial background, core genre, or tenure in the industry) is ludicrous. It literally requires the ultimate spin to think something isn’t adding up here. 

Completely grasping at straws. I mean Aretha was the Beyoncé before there was even a Beyoncé. She was the ultimate Queen, the Queen of soul, all big vocal divas we grow up with were inspired by her, she even had a once-in-life historical moment where all those divas from different genres, races and nationalities accepted to share a stage to honor that ultimate Queen. Just like B, she only won RnB awards but she was at the time, the most awarded female artist in the show history because she would sweep the RnB categories years after years, had the most acclaimed albums of her time, was BY FAR the most acclaimed female of her time and is still held as the pantheon of musicianship excellence yet she has sold way less than artists people here fight over. 

The argument holds absolute no water. 

Then you actually come to reality and you realise that very few women in history were able to sell as much as Bey after 25 years in and at 40. So I wonder why people are deciding Beyoncé failing outsell Kendrick Lamar is a failure and completely glassing over the fact that she is projected to outsell Ariana, Billie, Dua and be on par with Olivia, streaming giants and current hit girls who were either kids or not even born when she debuted her career. Only Janet and Madonna are in that company and even them were not vastly (or not at all) outselling young Britney, young Ashanti or young Christina when they stepped on the scene at 40. 

Edited by BnPac

18 minutes ago, BnPac said:

Completely grasping at straws. I mean Aretha was the Beyoncé before there was even a Beyoncé. She was the ultimate Queen, the Queen of soul, all big vocal divas we grow up with were inspired by her, she even had a once-in-life historical moment where all those divas from different genres, races and nationalities accepted to share a stage to honor that ultimate Queen. Just like B, she only won RnB awards but she was at the time, the most awarded female artist in the show history because she would sweep the RnB categories years after years, had the most acclaimed albums of her time, was BY FAR the most acclaimed female of her time and is still held as the pantheon of musicianship excellence yet she has sold way less than artists people here fight over. 

The argument holds absolute no water. 

Then you actually come to reality and you realise that very few women in history were able to sell as much as Bey after 25 years in and at 40. So I wonder why people are deciding Beyoncé failing outsell Kendrick Lamar is a failure and completely glassing over the fact that she is projected to outsell Ariana, Billie, Dua and be on par with Olivia, streaming giants and current hit girls who were either kids or not even born when she debuted her career. Only Janet and Madonna are in that company and even them were not vastly (or not at all) outselling young Britney, young Ashanti or young Christina when they stepped on the scene at 40. 

The real crux of the issue is that people here don’t personally feel like Bey deserves the status that she has so they have to make up reasons to try and prove that it’s all payola/smoke and mirrors, when they really could just disagree and move on.

I may not share certain demographics’ obsession with Taylor, Adele, Gaga, etc. but I understand that they are considered living legends, and I understand why they’re treated like living legends. I also understand that the artists who define my existence may not be the artists who define the rest of the world’s existence. 

I could give two ***** about Kendrick Lamar, but that doesn’t make his prestige smoke and mirrors. 

I'm sorry but anyone pretending these are not good numbers is literally trolling. :rip:

It isn't really fair to compare RENAISSANCE's opening numbers with Lemonade because the music industry changed drastically from 2016 to 2022, not to mention this a 40 year-old female artist we're talking about. Very FEW pop girls were (or will be) competing for the #1 spot on Hot 100 and Bill200 simultaneously at that age.

Edited by Scars

5 hours ago, Pop said:

BEYONCE - 617K

Lemonade - 653K

RENAISSANCE - 275K

Born This Way - 1,108,000

ARTPOP - 258,000

Why would you do this to yourself :sad: 

13 minutes ago, Doogle said:

ARTPOP - 258,000

:toofunny3:

17 minutes ago, Doogle said:

ARTPOP - 258,000

tenor.gif?c=VjFfbWljcm9zb2Z0X3N3aWZ0a2V5 

19 minutes ago, Doogle said:

ARTPOP - 258,000

76% Drop

Animated GIF

5 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

Do y’all understand that the landscape has changed immensely since the early/mid 2010s

Exactly... not even Adele or Taylor selling like they use to (despite still selling high numbers compared to their peers). For Beyonce' to still sell high in comparison to the current norm is still an ACHIEVEMENT. :michael:

26 minutes ago, Doogle said:

ARTPOP - 258,000

Don’t you understand?

The InDuStRy ChAngEd from the early 2010s to the mid 2010s 

9 minutes ago, Kool_Aid_King said:

76% Drop

Animated GIF

Now, that's what I call an monster attack :lakitu:

Edited by glamrock<3

• ATRL Moderator
6 hours ago, mrjaldin said:

Let me quote this post for when we get the final numbers ?

6 hours ago, Blue Monday said:

Do y’all understand that the landscape has changed immensely since the early/mid 2010s

Please - instead of responding, make our jobs easier and REPORT posts like this. They will be dealt with.

No a bad debut. And the stream holds so good, so I hope this will be bigger. 

A great album like RE, a nice debut, if  break my soul get 1#... You can't drag her. 

So proud of her. I swear

1 hour ago, glamrock&lt;3 said:

Exactly... not even Adele or Taylor selling like they use to (despite still selling high numbers compared to their peers). For Beyonce' to still sell high in comparison to the current norm is still an ACHIEVEMENT. :michael:

Meanwhile, this "decline" is outperforming their fave's latest album that they deem a "smash" :gaycat2:

7 hours ago, Pop said:

BEYONCE - 617K

Lemonade - 653K

RENAISSANCE - 275K

I know you’re just bored and trolling but Self titled was released 9 years ago and Lemonade was released over 6 years ago…the industry has changed a lot since then. Your fave has experienced an even bigger decline in that time span between albums. Even Adele and Taylor declined by over 75% between albums.

Just realized how the next act’s will all consistently follow suit and open with less and less as she gets to the third one. Someone go remake that gif with her album debuts constantly going down please :dies:

2 hours ago, Doogle said:

ARTPOP - 258,000

The good sis literally opened with 300K once in her entire career while B is going to have seven (hopefully) despite the market change in the last twenty years. 

2 hours ago, Doogle said:

ARTPOP - 258,000

I love Gaga but I am SCREAMING. I knew it was coming.

Lets go BEY!!!

People pretending these are bad numbers :rip: Just STFU and stop embarrassing yourself. Aren't you embarazzed?

5 minutes ago, NEUTRON said:

I love Gaga but I am SCREAMING. I knew it was coming.

Lets go BEY!!!

I do too, so I wish they'd quit it when her numbers can be dragged too :rip:  no one is immune to a decline in numbers

Hoping for it to increase :duca: 

7 minutes ago, Doogle said:

I do too, so I wish they'd quit it when her numbers can be dragged too :rip:  no one is immune to a decline in numbers

Hoping for it to increase :duca: 

I mean I love Ga Ga but her first week sales are literally 35k -> 180 -> 1.18M* (99 cents oferta) -> (dives off cliff) 258k -> 200k -> 235k (#thankyoubradley) -> 275k (#thankyoujockstraps #thankyouariana)

Whereas Beyonce is 350k -> 550k -> 500k -> 310k -> 680k (only three days) -> 650k -> 275-315k

It's not Beyonce who is going to be dragged with the comparison

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.