H100: Break My Soul #1

Renan90

QueenofCopyPaste
37 minutes ago, prézli said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's not too good? She's literally everywhere, I expected 500k. :michael:

Girl she hasnt even released a music video. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBLadyG

• Lovett

• glamrock<3

• foreverwinter13

This is really good. I expected 150k tbh

She had a month to build up hype and pre-orders, so this feels like an underperformance.

24 minutes ago, mael said:

She had a month to build up hype and pre-orders, so this feels like an underperformance.

These numbers tend to not include pre-orders and website sales, just FYI. Also ~300k really isn't an underperformance, it's pretty strong sales. Particularly for a 40 year old woman.

these are SOLID AF #s. She is literally in her like 3rd decade guys :rip: How many female artists are pulling numbers LIKE THIS after being in the game since the mid 90s? The expectations are ridiculous. The fact she has a top 10 on the Hot 100 and will have a #1 album with possibly 300k+ units first week is amazing. Bey is also like in her late 30s now yet she is giving the younger popgirls AND popboys a run for their money on the charts. She's more than fine (especially when you factor in the fact that her tour will prob be huge AGAIN lol). I'm not even vibing with this album but i know these are good numbers and happy to see her do these figures. We grew up with Bey on our screens since we were infants and there is something so nostalgic when i see her and i'm glad she is still so relevant 

1 hour ago, prézli said:

Am I the only one who thinks it's not too good? She's literally everywhere, I expected 500k. :michael:

She literally hasn't been seen for over month :deadbanana4:

The only place she's been is on her Instagram posting some pictures and captions.

5 minutes ago, Otter said:

She literally hasn't been seen for over month :deadbanana4:

The only place she's been is on her Instagram posting some pictures and captions.

Exactly.. she's not even promoting this album or Break My Soul. So, her selling above 300k+ is beyond amazing. 

14 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

these are SOLID AF #s. She is literally in her like 3rd decade guys :rip: How many female artists are pulling numbers LIKE THIS after being in the game since the mid 90s? The expectations are ridiculous. The fact she has a top 10 on the Hot 100 and will have a #1 album with possibly 300k+ units first week is amazing. Bey is also like in her late 30s now yet she is giving the younger popgirls AND popboys a run for their money on the charts. She's more than fine (especially when you factor in the fact that her tour will prob be huge AGAIN lol). I'm not even vibing with this album but i know these are good numbers and happy to see her do these figures. We grew up with Bey on our screens since we were infants and there is something so nostalgic when i see her and i'm glad she is still so relevant 

She's turning 41 this year but yes!

Her career is only SEVEN years younger than Mariah's. She's closer to Mariah's generation than she is to Taylor and Gaga, back when Brandy and Monica were popping 7 US presidency terms ago. And she's pulling bigger numbers than like any Western act that isn't Taylor, Adele, or Harry. You can count them on one hand and people really aren't grasping this perspective.:rip: 

4 hours ago, chiliam said:

I dont try to compare her to others. Just by her own standard. Self title did 600k+ with just 3 days, Lemonade a surprise release also did 600k+.

A 50% drop to 300k with 2 months preorder is not great. Its ok but not great or good.

The stream are better than expected but physical is kinda dissapointed.

The reasons Bey’s numbers were so high before was because she forced people to buy the album by withholding it from streaming (sans Tidal). Realistically, if you give people the option to stream or buy - they’re going to stream. This is her first studio release where people are not expected to spend additional money to listen. 

1 hour ago, prézli said:

Why are you lying? Bey hasn’t done an interview, hasn’t done a performance, and hasn’t provided a music video. She literally hasn’t acknowledged the album outside of a Vogue spread and Instagram/Twitter. 

2 minutes ago, Starshine said:

She's turning 41 this year but yes!

Her career is only SEVEN years younger than Mariah's. She's closer to Mariah's generation than she is to Taylor and Gaga, back when Brandy and Monica were popping 7 US presidency terms ago. And she's pulling bigger numbers than like any Western act that isn't Taylor, Adele, or Harry. You can count them on one hand and people really aren't grasping this perspective.:rip: 

damn she doesnt even look like she is in her 40s :rip: I legit thought she was like 38 or something lol 

and you are so right. It's so weird when you put it that way. Like her career is closer in length to Mariah...that's WILD. Ultimately, the fact she is still part of the top 10 most relevant artists and has been for a solid 25+ years is kind of crazy. None of the popgirls are getting top 10s in their 40s and #1 albums with 300k+ sales...no one is doing it. Not Britney, not Xtina, not Pink, not JLO, not Brandy etc...the only other female artist still doing numbers at least streaming wise and who debuted around the time Bey did is Shakira. These two are legit the only women who's new releases are still relevant in the markets they cater to (with Bey also having massive sales and touring power). It's pretty incredible.

5 hours ago, St. Francis said:

If this was about any other artist, they would be getting dragged tbh.

I mean it's impressive that Bey is doing big numbers decades into her career in 2022, but she is supposedly "the biggest popstar in the world" and yet she is being outsold by Harry Styles, Taylor and BTS, as well as doing nearly less than 300k.

Don’t lie. This is more than Ariana did with Positions, more than Billie did with Happier Than Ever, more than Gaga did with Chromatica (and bundles). No woman except for Adele and Taylor are passing this number - and it’s cause they’re in a league of their own.

Even some prominent men (Ed, Justin) aren’t seeing numbers close to it. 

Feel free to join us in reality when you get a chance.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

why are we putting taylor and adele as the standard for beyonce in 2022 tho

she’s supposed to be the biggest and most talented. are we supposed to add olivia too while we’re at it? she’s 40 and 25 years into her career sure but why are we treating her as legacy act and compare her with hasbeens. this is sad 

Nobody realistically thinks Bey is commercially bigger than Taylor/Adele, stop lying :rip:. We all saw how 25 vs. Lemonade played out, and we all saw how Taylor’s been able to dominate the chart with old ass songs. They’re untouchable. If Bey is doing better than any woman in the game sans 2 artists then I think she’s performing as expected. 

5 hours ago, TeemoR said:

Exactly lol, and they had the nerve to come for Chromatica's numbers

This is more than Chromatica (jockstraps and delayed tour tickets included) 

Edited by Rotunda

Madonna at 40 only debuted at 371k (Ray of Light) with major promo adjust pure sales and ya expecting Bey to do 500k with barely any and streaming? :deadbanana2:

8 hours ago, chiliam said:

I dont know why you guys think this is good.  Its good for everyone else except Drake, Adele, Taylor, Harry and Beyoncé .

Lemonade and self title debut in 600k range. I understand the long break hurt her but she has 2 months preorder lead up to this so 50% drop is clearly not good.  450k-500k would be more reasonable.

Well Drake did 200k :deadbanana4: (although he released without any fanfare)

Adele had a maaasssive decline (like 80% drop), but is still a different league in terms of generational appeal. Beyonce isn't appealing to soccer moms and older generations with Renaissance lmao. Could you imagine them looping an album that begins with I'm that Girl? Its not realistic

Taylor's core fanbase is just something else, none of  the above are really competing. I don't really know how a re-recording of hers is the biggest release of recent memory and bigger then her actual new music like Evermore.

Harry's in his peak and probably the biggest in terms of GP appeal.

Beyonce is closest to Drake in terms of music and audience... Its something that gets overlooked on stan forums/twitter, but different demographics have different consumption habits and "urban" leaning fans are not buying albums when they're on streaming (lemonade wasn't). 

Edited by Otter

I think BB200 needs a major revision over the next few years given the massive downfall of pure sales since 2020 even. Spotify/AM are expected to grow exponentially and we're seeing the most dramatic shift in terms of how music is consumed. There's also an influx of massive competition as it's becoming more accessible too. Adele, Taylor, and Harry are literally marvels pulling those numbers. Their recent releases are comparable to pulling 1+ million first week if this were 2016. Renaissance would be comparable to pulling 400-500k in 2016. 

1 minute ago, Starshine said:

I think BB200 needs a major revision over the next few years given the massive downfall of pure sales since 2020 even. Spotify/AM are expected to grow exponentially and we're seeing the most dramatic shift in terms of how music is consumed. There's also an influx of massive competition as it's becoming more accessible too. Adele, Taylor, and Harry are literally marvels pulling those numbers. Their recent releases are comparable to pulling 1+ million first week if this were 2016. Renaissance would be comparable to pulling 400-500k in 2016. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Billboard revises rules for albums again.. within the next few years. They've already incorporating streaming numbers into total units sold, so another revision may arrive by the midpoint of this decade. Album sales continue to decrease by large margins with the ability to stream.

I can just see ATRL in 10 years time, asking why Bey’s 11th album is not selling as much as whatever ex Disney act is the current IT girl. :toofunny3:

y’all are also bring obtuse acting like you’re unaware sales have collapsed since her last studio album. Everyone is selling a fraction of what they used to. If Bey was opening with 600k when Taylor was doing over 1M, why are you expecting her to do the same now when even Adele can’t hit a million first week anymore and that’s without Beyoncé’s self-saboteur antics. 

The biggest streaming act of the year couldn’t debut with 300K. 

A little perspective goes a long way but go awf. 

49 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Madonna at 40 only debuted at 371k (Ray of Light) with major promo adjust pure sales and ya expecting Bey to do 500k with barely any and streaming? :deadbanana2:

You do know that Ray of Light broke the record for highest first week sales by a female artist at the time right? :rip: First week sales in the 90s weren't nearly as high as they were in the 00s/10s + it's not like Renaissance is gonna sell 16 million like ROL. Beyoncé's numbers are still great though.

The numbers are great 

but I definitely think that It could do better as a surprise release, she didn’t do anything btw 

17 minutes ago, allforyou said:

You do know that Ray of Light broke the record for highest first week sales by a female artist at the time right? :rip: First week sales in the 90s weren't nearly as high as they were in the 00s/10s + it's not like Renaissance is gonna sell 16 million like ROL. Beyoncé's numbers are still great though.

My point was expecting a female artist at age 40 to be doing better than these numbers at any time period is ridiculous. 

Are these numbers final? They are great if you ask me but did they include the pre-orders?

5 minutes ago, Zoe_ said:

Are these numbers final? They are great if you ask me but did they include the pre-orders?

No, these are the first predictions. They will likely adjust them throughout the week as we get a fuller picture with the streaming. They also make an estimate on pre-orders and sales from her website, as they don't have any accurate insight into those.

14 minutes ago, Zoe_ said:

Nope they're preliminary predictions.So they can go up or down during the week. And we wont really know til next Sunday ( cuz HDDs final likes to be 5-10k off from Billboard)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.