H100: Break My Soul #1

Renan90

19 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Y'all need to stop using "she debuted in 1997!" as an excuse at this point. Her solo career started in mid 2003.

Her career started in 1997 and media, critics, her peers and herself agree so no one cares what you think.

Beyoncé already released solo songs during the 90th and in the others years (2000, 2001 and 2002)

Edited by Queenyoncee

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBLadyG

• Lovett

• glamrock<3

• foreverwinter13

Just now, Queenyoncee said:

Her career started in 1997 and media, critics, her peers and herself agree so no one cares what you think.

The date her career started doesn't really change anything I said after that but ok :michael:

This is without any in-person promo, no music video or gimmicks. Ppl say it's in line with Chromatica, but that one still had the tour bundles gimmick. 

These are no extraordinary numbers, but still great ones. Though I still hope she'll outdo 4 numbers at least!

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

The date her career started doesn't really change anything I said after that but ok :michael:

she began releasing songs for her SOLO career in 1997 and was already a household name a couple years later. she scored her first UK top 10/ EU top 40 hit in summer of 2002. by the time CIL was released, which is what you're referring to, she already had a hit with Jay-Z where they performed on SNL and appeared on TRL that was exiting the charts. when CIL was released people already knew who Beyoncé was and that song just cemented that she truly was a star that'd break away from DC, the biggest girl group in the world at the time and one of the 3 biggest girl groups of all time.

is this easier to understand?

6 minutes ago, brenda-walsh said:

she began releasing songs for her SOLO career in 1997 and was already a household name a couple years later. she scored her first UK top 10/ EU top 40 hit in summer of 2002. by the time CIL was released, which is what you're referring to, she already had a hit with Jay-Z where they performed on SNL and appeared on TRL that was exiting the charts. when CIL was released people already knew who Beyoncé was and that song just cemented that she truly was a star that'd break away from DC, the biggest girl group in the world at the time and one of the 3 biggest girl groups of all time.

is this easier to understand?

Again, the date her career started doesn't really change anything I said after that sentence. What part of that is hard to understand and warranted a paragraph to explain she released material prior to 2003? 

Is it true this would be her lowest first week sales of her career :bibliahh: how ****** up if true

35 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

Y'all need to stop using "she debuted in 1997!" as an excuse at this point. Her solo career started in mid 2003. Y'all switch the narrative depending on the argument being thrown around. This, most definitely, does not prove she is what the media portrays her to be. Most news outlets make it sound as if she's one of the biggest artist there ever was when the truth of the matter is she's not even top 60 in terms of accumulated units. She's obviously seeing a small boost right now due to the new release, but her albums are barely used anymore. Lots of artists from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s have way better recurrents than her. Albums like Lemonade and BEYONCÉ, often deemed by the media as some of the most impactful albums of the last decade, often struggle to be in the top 40 most daily streamed albums of their respective years on Spotify.

All in all these are... ok numbers. Certainly not excellent and not worth all the hype she constantly get from the media. Sorry :michael:

I've seen 1997, 1999, 2000 and not 2003 2-3 years prior to three MPG but yes the numbers are solid. I really think the numbers will end up alot higher, though. 

I keep seeing no promo which is not true...quite a few things were done to get this album trending WW to build up anticipation.

I think it's fair to say that these are solid numbers and she'll likely have a few weeks with 100k+ if the album holds for people

1 minute ago, The Music Industry said:

Again, the date her career started doesn't really change anything I said after that sentence. What part of that is hard to understand and warranted a paragraph to explain she released material prior to 2003? 

It's very unfortunate that people are pulling non single soundtrack songs to pretend that it is the starting point. 2003 is the starting point and there's nothing wrong with that. Her first album did around 300k and 20 years later it seems her 7th album will do around 300kish. That's the argument to use instead of no promo (untrue), 40+ 25+ years into career or whatever else is being used.

to start with 300k and 20 years have a 300k projection for a new album is the stronger argument.

I'm still hoping for 400K, but if that is unattainable and the parameters are this range, 313K. :mandown: Tied w/ fellow widespread album leak 4.

The way you guys try to rewrite history and act like Beyonce and the girls wasn't a thing :rip:

beyonce-mad-tv.gif

• ATRL Moderator

These are great numbers.  HDD set her up with unrealistic expectations.  

26 minutes ago, The Music Industry said:

just read the rest of your comment, not just the part the user above me quoted.

nevertheless what you swifties have to understand is that stats are not the end all be all. that may be difficult for you considering your fave's whole career is built purely off of numbers, but impact and influence is very important for artist. prince never sold anywhere near what madonna and mj did, but he's always considered in their bracket because of his brilliance as an artist and the way he managed to constantly change the musical landscape.

ST and lemonade aren't even flop/ underperformances by any measure, but even with their numbers that you consider disappointing they're regarded as culturally important because of their artistic excellence and the impact they had on our culture. your fave directly benefitted from the whole surprise release just 2 years ago. 

She's over :chick3:

1 hour ago, The Music Industry said:

Y'all need to stop using "she debuted in 1997!" as an excuse at this point. Her solo career started in mid 2003. Y'all switch the narrative depending on the argument being thrown around. This, most definitely, does not prove she is what the media portrays her to be. Most news outlets make it sound as if she's one of the biggest artist there ever was when the truth of the matter is she's not even top 60 in terms of accumulated units. She's obviously seeing a small boost right now due to the new release, but her albums are barely used anymore. Lots of artists from the 80s, 90s and early 2000s have way better recurrents than her. Albums like Lemonade and BEYONCÉ, often deemed by the media as some of the most impactful albums of the last decade, often struggle to be in the top 40 most daily streamed albums of their respective years on Spotify.

All in all these are... ok numbers. Certainly not excellent and not worth all the hype she constantly get from the media. Sorry :michael:

It's literally a factual point that she debuted in the late 90's. Also even if you would only count her solo debut, her peers from that time period (Britney, Christina, Kelly, P!nk etc.) would be praised to the high heavens if they performed even half as good as the way Bey currently is with the Renaissance era.

A potential #1 both on the Hot 100 and BB200, a 300k+ opening week and all the media hype the era got is not just "okay" considering everything, it is fantastic. She's on pace of outdoing Gaga's Chromatica era, which could be (or is) considered a decent success (if you're not an obsessed hater) and that is with Gaga debuting a decade later. 

Pretty disappointing, actually. I never would think she would open with anything less than 300k...  

should remain her lowest selling album, ever. 

Edited by QueenBLadyG

4 hours ago, Diego_Costa said:

I think they’re playing safe. I see it increasing

I hope the blowback they received for saying she would open with possibly 600K has them lowballing her because these figures are not it

f0a46016cef325c29af81fb68a5557f476f38d50

it looks good

the interesting thing will be to see how much it sells the second week

5 minutes ago, Genius said:

it looks good

the interesting thing will be to see how much it sells the second week

75k? 

f0a46016cef325c29af81fb68a5557f476f38d50

23 minutes ago, QueenBLadyG said:

Pretty disappointing, actually. I never would think she would open with anything less than 300k...  

should remain her lowest selling album, ever. 

Just think about it, why would us fans buy a copy of an album when we can stream it? With all her previous album fans were forced to buy a copy so these numbers make sense to me. I said the same thing about 25. Even when Taylor didn't make physical copies available she went from like 850k (Folklore) to 300k (Evermore). To me its quite obvious that lower first week numbers don't really have much to do with an artist getting smaller, its just that it takes like 100 full plays of an album to equal one sale. This means artists with armys of huge stan bases will always have the upper-hand at first weeks, specifically Taylor and BTS. The goal first this album should be to make it last, just like SOUR, Future Nostalgia, and Planet Her, which are the actual big albums of the decade despite the first weeks not being as big. Luckily, it seems like Beyonce's goal has shifted to be more like that considering she's waiting for music video releases, perhaps to give proper single treatments. Let's hope this goes well.

I think for beyonce current status

This number is huge

ATRL stays downplaying Beyoncé and then as soon as she outdoes their expectations it’s “that’s it? Taylor sold more” and it’s rarely Swifties that even say this (aside from the off one) :skull:

This is coming off EiL and The Bomb where everyone said she was over and would never see success again with a studio album. We told you to wait and see and now time has been the ultimate truth teller but instead of taking the L her dedicated second base will twist the narrative again 

female albums, peak weeks

2020+

846 taylor

839 adele

605 taylor

329 taylor

~295 beyonce

295 olivia

(291 taylor)

2015-2019

3482 adele

1238 taylor

867 taylor

653 beyonce

408 pink

2010-2014

1287 taylor

1208 taylor

1108 gaga

1047 taylor

730 adele

2005-2009

742 alicia

727 mary

701 susan

629 mary

592 taylor

Edited by fridayteenage

These are good numbers but not great. 

I dont know why you guys think this is good.  Its good for everyone else except Drake, Adele, Taylor, Harry and Beyoncé .

Lemonade and self title debut in 600k range. I understand the long break hurt her but she has 2 months preorder lead up to this so 50% drop is clearly not good.  450k-500k would be more reasonable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.