To contextualize, how old Beyonce's career is compared to ATRLs girls!

MingYouToo

- When Destiny's Child first entered the charts with No, No, No (Part 1), Elton John was ruling the charts.

Beyoncé

- When Billie Eilish was born, Destiny's Child's Emotion was sitting at #14 on the Hot 100

Best Cater To You GIFs | Gfycat

- When Olivia Rodrigo was born, Beyonce (and her now husband) were sitting at #10 on the Hot 100

Best 03 Bonnie And Clyde GIFs | Gfycat

-When Rihanna first entered the charts with Pon de Replay (#97), Destiny's Child had two singles charting.

Cater 2 U GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

- When Taylor Swift first entered the charts with Tim McGraw (#85) Beyonce was sitting at #12 w/ Ring the Alarm.

Ring The Alarm GIFs | Tenor

- When Kathryn Hudson released Katy Hudson, Destiny's Child's 11 week #1 Independent Women was #10

Best Independent Women GIFs | Gfycat

- When Kathryn Hudson became Katy Perry and debuted on the Hot 100 with I Kissed A Girl, Beyonce was #63!

HD] Usher Ft. Beyonce - Bad Girl (Live) GIF | Gfycat

- When Lady Gaga first entered the Hot 100 Top 10 with Just Dance, Beyonce ruled at #2 and #3!

Single Ladies Beyonce GIF - Single Ladies Beyonce - Discover & Share GIFs

I think its funny how recency bias is affecting 99% of ATRL, completely forgetting that Beyonce is a whole ass generation before Taylor, Gaga, Katy, Rih and all these other popgirls... And yet

Here she still stands, 25 years later, fighting for a SOLO, GLOBAL #1 :jonny5:

The consistency Beyonce has offered the world through decades is unparalleled, constant smashery, celebrity presence on POINT, name never out of peoples mouths, still that *****, is that ***** will FOREVER be that *****!

How does she do it?!

BEYONCÉ

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glamrock<3

• OnMyCoolJ

• MingYouToo

• unclefloprry

Top Posters In This Topic

Mother. :clap:

I really feel sorry for people who hated her during DC and claimed she's over during B'day and 4. It must be 25 years of sufferings waiting for her downfall. 

Let’s emphasize that this woman was successful through the physical, digital and streaming era. The industry has changed music consumptions quicker from 1999-2019 than from 1980-2000. WHEW. Truly THEE pop legend of our time. 

A remarkable career tbh.

She already had a legendary career before Gaga, Rihanna, Katy and Taylor debuted :skull:

And she’s still hitting #1 next week

She is the biggest female legend this century, it isn’t even up for debate

one of the greatest of all time living or dead :clap3:

It is pretty legendary that she's managed to maintain such huge success throughout the physical, digital and now streaming eras of the industry.

Incredible discography with out of this world talent as a performer.

she achieved so much even in the first few years of her career with dc :clap3: and to think her solo career has now been 20 years :jonny:longeviBEY 

A legitimate legend. When people mention modern day legend, I think of HER and no one else. The way I remember watching the Crazy in Love video as a kid and losing my **** at that green dress scene on MTV. Great times

Edited by LustSpell

Watching all of this unfold over time has been nothing short of iconic. And the way the story still isn’t finished…my god :WAP:

The way people on here forget or don’t even know about the Destiny’s Child portion her career is insane, like even that alone was legendary. Glad to see her succeeding so far into her career :clap3:

I was watching the Independent Women video the other week in anticipation of the new album and it was such a slay. 

Edited by Slap

my mom had the love: destiny’s child cd with the multicolored album art and i remember whenever bootylicious would come on the radio she would tell me i can’t sing it bc the lyrics are inappropriate. queen of controversy :jonny4:

no because i remember crazy in love and baby boy coming out and watching the videos like this ***** is really unparalleled, ppl are so dumb to compare her to others who debuted like 10 years later

What I find most impressive about the longevity of her career is that in the 2010s she was able to find a way to maintain impact/relevance/popularity without necessarily relying on pop smashes to define and disseminate her art/message. Instead, she focused on the quality of her art vs. the quantitative measurements of its success, and in doing so fast-tracked her legendhood which probably would've come anyway in a decade or so, but was cemented in real-time with her back-to-back-to-back acclaimed, forward-thinking, beloved and expertly created projects.

Edited by swissman

And in the same context Shakira's Te felicito keeps surviving all the albums bombs released since march on Spotify Global Top 50, beyonce is leaving the chart and she remains. 

When you’re known to have BATHS. :giraffe:

Edited by OnMyCoolJ
Known

1 minute ago, tshwark said:

And in the same context Shakira's Te felicito keeps surviving all the albums bombs released since march on Spotify Global Top 50, beyonce is leaving the chart and she remains. 

Lets see Shakira do it solo. She’s been tagging a long with younger and hotter artists for some time now. 

1 hour ago, MingYouToo said:

I think its funny how recency bias is affecting 99% of ATRL

that happens with every pop girl tho

and Beyonce is actually not getting as much hits from that criticism, at least not from where it matters or a large part of the fan community

like..isn't it like only the LMs trying to attack her :dies:

I personally havent seen any drag about Bey outside ATRL lmao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.