Chinese ambassador wants more concentration camps

SmittenCake

On 8/4/2022 at 5:43 AM, Gorgeous said:

the fact that the death toll could possibly be well over +6 Million (therefore being greater than the holocaust) and we do nothing :deadbanana2: like there's entire communities vanished... yet calling out the Holocaust is okay in our society but the we can't speak about the China Holocaust in 2022 :skull:

not over 6 million :ahh:

maybe you mean sealife instead of actual human beings? 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Communion

• SmittenCake

• rivers

• Bears01

4 hours ago, Mean Trees said:

All that matters is that the poster spread misinformation; which also seems to constantly happen on this site in regards to China.

Ok and? You saying this doesn’t add to anything. Like I said, the poster (communion) who had a meltdown didn’t need to have a meltdown. And it doesn’t mean that other poster who made a claim that wasn’t fact checked is anti-Semite or a holocaust denier. It’s disgusting language to be accusatory and the fact that you ignore it means you are ok with that rhetoric. I guess I can start accusing people of being things they aren’t now. People like you are racist. :chick2:

Edit: Grammar

Edited by rivers

On 8/5/2022 at 11:07 PM, Jagger said:

How does a white kid from NJ become such a China lover to the point that he denies the detainment camps :deadbanana2: 

Too much

https://e00-elmundo.uecdn.es/assets/multimedia/imagenes/2022/07/07/16571920359724.jpg

8 hours ago, rivers said:

Ok and? You saying this doesn’t add to anything. Like I said, the poster (communion) who had a meltdown didn’t need to have a meltdown.

Articulating how there's antisemitism in acts that inherently downplay the Holocaust (which is the point of what one does when using terms like "Chinazis" like others have done before I started reporting it or claiming something has "dwarfed" the Holocaust which quite literally is language that aims to minimize) is not a meltdown, sis. You're assuming *that* person in good faith repeated a claim they didn't know was false. So ask them to link us to where they read it. I know they won't be able to because you'll fine no one else making such a claim. Meaning they didn't innocently repeat a claim. They purposefully made up an outrageous lie with the intent to make people believe it. That should be called out. That should be addressed and questioned why so many people felt okay with it going unchallenged and some even agreeing with it. It feels like people think if China is bad it's just fine to claim anything about it. When even ethnic minorities in China would tell you how often these unserious claims by China Watchers ironically distract from and harm the conversation about specific rights within China that some groups want to have. 

Why are liberals and conservatives, especially on here, extremely comfortable with both the vilification of Chinese people and dehumanizing them? There's no good faith way to claim much of what is said here about China, and thus Chinese people by extension despite what people constantly try to claim, is done with genuine concern for human rights because such would require sensitivity and nuance that wouldn't allow for such blatant anti-China trolling. For example, how is suggesting someone go live in China helpful to the idea of forced cultural re-education?

Why wouldn't I wanna live in China? Why is the idea of living in China an insult? You know over a billion peopoe live there right? Countless foreigners? It's not some dystopia. This idea that Chinese people don't deserve to be proud of their country is what is peddled when using living there as an insult against people. Do you think it endears Chinese people to such concerns when using their country as an insult? Every country has flaws, including China, but rhetoric that paints China as somehow unique serves no purpose than to dehumanize the Chinese state and the Chinese people, including the millions of ethnic minorities who are nationally Chinese. 

Even @Phantom, who they and I have obviously different views, pointed out that most users in here failed to articulate the harms of re-education. Instead preferring to troll with low-hanging fruit insults about China. And we actually agree on it (why would someone against prisons be okay with Chinese prisons?) and the possible harms. But their nuanced answer cannot run coverage for those who post with the aim of just trolling and posting things about China that range from inflammatory to just outright offensive. 

I have no problem just reporting said posts going forward instead of trying to engage with them and asking people if they genuinely believe in what they claim or to copt to knowingly being inflammatory on purpose. The point of engaging is to give people the room to make the case they're not acting in bad faith, but clearly that's one-sided here. 

Edited by Communion

8 hours ago, Communion said:

Why wouldn't I wanna live in China? Why is the idea of living in China an insult? You know over a billion peopoe live there right? Countless foreigners? It's not some dystopia. This idea that Chinese people don't deserve to be proud of their country is what is peddled when using living there as an insult against people. Do you think it endears Chinese people to such concerns when using their country as an insult? Every country has flaws, including China, but rhetoric that paints China as somehow unique serves no purpose than to dehumanize the Chinese state and the Chinese people, including the millions of ethnic minorities who are nationally Chinese. 

Everything you call out about the USA is in effect in China and 100x worse. Do you plan on moving there? probably not. Even you are aware yourself. 

9 hours ago, Communion said:

Why wouldn't I wanna live in China?

pls do

I have to admit, the way he deflects and completely derails the topic to evade any criticism of China's government has to be a talent at this point (we have to specify because if not he will accuse us of being racist, hating chinese citizens, culture and what knows what other nonsense) :toofunny2:

The way he posted all these essays and still hasn't addressed the thread's topic nor condemn it in any way :toofunny3: The fact that not only he hasn't condemned it at all, he even goes beyond and tries to whitewash it is :toofunny3:

On 8/20/2022 at 3:58 PM, Cloudy said:

I have to admit, the way he deflects and completely derails the topic to evade any criticism of China's government has to be a talent at this point (we have to specify because if not he will accuse us of being racist, hating chinese citizens, culture and what knows what other nonsense) :toofunny2:

The way he posted all these essays and still hasn't addressed the thread's topic nor condemn it in any way :toofunny3: The fact that not only he hasn't condemned it at all, he even goes beyond and tries to whitewash it is :toofunny3:

This.

The way he was able to write a thesis worth of material from one misstatement (6 million deaths) whilst strategically avoiding to address the OP is fascinating.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.