Man who killed Nicki Minaj's dad is sentenced to 1 year in prison

Daydream

PRC_183198074.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&z

The driver who killed Nicki Minaj's father, Robert Maraj, in a hit-and-run was just sentenced to time behind bars.

Charles Polevich was ordered to serve 1 year in jail Wednesday after pleading guilty to two felony charges -- leaving the scene of an incident without reporting and tampering with physical evidence. On top of that, his driver's license will be suspended for 6 months and he'll pay a $5,000 fine.

Polevich was facing up to 7 years behind bars, but Judge Howard Sturim followed through with a commitment to sentence him to no more than one year in jail.

Nicki's dad died at the age of 64 after being struck in a hit-and-run accident back in February 2021.

At the time, cops said the driver fled the scene and tried to hide the car in a detached garage at his place. Robert was rushed to a hospital in critical condition and died from his injuries.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/03/nicki-minaj-dad-killer-sentenced-jail-hit-run/

The Barbz in prison are gonna torture him. :rip:

Wait I didn't know that Nicki's dad had died last year :eek: RIP

And 1 year??? :biblio:

Edited by Mean Trees

How do you get 1 year for that? Makes no sense :deadbanana4:

7 minutes ago, magazine said:

How do you get 1 year for that? Makes no sense :deadbanana4:

Its them corporate giants and machines again, other fanbases dedicated to take her down, and SYMPATHY.

This **** really pissed me the **** off. One year for a life that can never be restored, **** the American justice system. If the killer was any other race he would've gotten life.

We can dislike mrs petty for obvious reasons but one year?? white privilege if we’ve ever seen it 

:biblio:

I'm sorry but this is a shame.

If this man killed by mother or my father by accident and only took one year... I would kill him with my own hands.

A one year sentence is a slap in the face for the victim & his family no matter who it is ESPECIALLY since he fled the scene & tried to hide his car afterwards. Even the suggested 7 years would've been a joke - he should be in jail for life.

Can't believe that's the sentence. :rip: 

In what fresh hell, is the justice system allowed to give 1 year for a hit and run murder. The original sentence made sense since he fleed the scene and tried to get rid of the evidence. That should be more than enough for 5 years.

Injustice I say

Edited by Phaunzie

44 minutes ago, Mick said:

he should be in jail for life.

That's still vehicular manslaughter.

Types of Vehicular Manslaughter in New York. Second Degree Vehicular Manslaughter: According to NYPL §125.12, DWI with BAC 0.08 or higher and causes the death of another person. This is considered a class C felony and may result in a prison sentence of up to 15 years.

So 15 years tops. But that's American justice system for ya ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 minutes ago, Аshanti said:

That's still vehicular manslaughter.

So 15 years tops. But that's American justice system for ya ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's for a DWI without hit & run though (this should be considered vehicular manslaughter with hit & run/tampering with evidence tacked on), but either way 1 year in jail for killing someone & then fleeing the scene is such a joke. Here in LA you can technically get up to 6 months in prison & a fine for feeding pigeons on the metro platform - so yeah goes to show you how screwed up the American justice system is.

This is absolutely disgusting and sick and just incomprehensible. Literally wtf!

And anyone that would make light of something like with a dumb joke should hope they never have to go through something like this. Sick.

Wait does vehicular manslaughter not exist for such things? This is so wrong. 

3 hours ago, cyclone said:

Its them corporate giants and machines again, other fanbases dedicated to take her down, and SYMPATHY.

This **** really pissed me the **** off. One year for a life that can never be restored, **** the American justice system. If the killer was any other race he would've gotten life.

You’re literally an idiot

ONE year?!? Chile... 

Despite how I feel about her and her husband, I feel this is abhorrent. No one should get that kind of sentence for doing that crime. That’s some corruption. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.