Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl

Iridesence

The music video to Rina Sawayama's title track of her upcoming sophomore album 'Hold The Girl' has been released.

I hate to be negative but I’m noticing a pattern with these girls. Whenever their videos become better their music goes to ****…

im holding out hope for down the line her dropping something of quality like her first EP, maybe a mixtape, but I also think there will be a few tracks that are reminiscent of her past like Comme de Garçon did on SAWA on this album.

Edited by Contessa

Love the cinematic feel and how simple it is. Paints a nice contrast to the song itself and allows both to shine. She looks so pretty here too.

28 minutes ago, Contessa said:

I hate to be negative but I’m noticing a pattern with these girls. Whenever their videos become better their music goes to ****…

Yeah I didn’t want to be the one but the subject matter has been pretty surface level so far.

Though catch me in the air had a bit more going for it. 

MOTHER :jonny4:

The video is really good and atmospheric, love the song!

this is A+mazing.

It's giving something that would chart in the top 20 of ww charts in the 2000s

One of her best music videos. 

So cinematic yet simple. 

Fantastic :jonny: 

Simple but powerful, she's giving me everything with this era, sad to see so many people aren't enjoying her work.

This is such a gorgeous song. Just made me cry :cries:

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish Rina makes profits with this album because she didn't deliver anything that wow me :monkey: I'm patiently waiting for her 3rd album now. 

This is such a boring song. This Hell was much better. The video is cute.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.