Kansas Votes Down Abortion Ban

A Bomb

PEzDWCy.png

https://www.cnn.com/election/2022/results/kansas/primaries

Just shows the BIG mistake Biden made to try to frame this as an extremist activist position. This is what will most likely save Dems from the sure bloodbath midterms were going to be. 

_

Edited by A Bomb

In Kansas too, this is HUGE! :clap3:

Edited by satellites.™

I'm genuinely surprised. :eek: Wow :clap3: 

5 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

In Kentucky too, this is HUGE! :clap3:

Wait I thought this was in Kansas? 

Either way, :clap3:

It's funny that people claim that the American public are somehow conservative when referendums are often the only way popular progressive policies end up getting passed. Weed legalization, $15 minimum wage, protecting abortion, etc. And that's even when politicians see them as the easiest to manipulate with massive money dumps. :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, Aston Martin said:

Oh it is, well same actually. :clap3:

Probably even better. :rip:

2 minutes ago, Aston Martin said:

Kansas held their referendum tonight. Kentucky will be holding their referendum In November, I believe.

Kansas' conservatives were inspired by Kentucky's conservatives to try and use a referendum to alter the constitution (where there was probably confusion from the first tweets that come up about this on Twitter) but it looks like, based on early results, Kansas residents are more progressive than their politicians imagined.

Edited by Communion

Whoa. 64%. Thats massive. BIG win for the good guys.

This is a huge deal. This shows abortion could now become a huge problem for Republicans. Kansas is a red state.

Wait a damn minute :deadbanana4:

Im sure there’s an incredibly disgusting hilarious reasoning as to why, but wow :clap3: the republicans are gonna be PISSED 

Was happy to cast my vote for women's rights!

It was over 100 degrees here too today and lines were massive. Churches in KS had huge "Vote Yes" signs in front of them and it wasn't illegal since they endorsed a position, not a politician, per state law (but it SHOULD be VERY illegal). Anyway, so glad they got their asses clobbered!

Roe v. Wade being overturned made pro-life policies even less popular :dies: 

The Federalist Society has pretty much ensured that they're gonna erode whatever's left of their anti-abortion movement, the overturning was its dying breath

28 minutes ago, slik said:

Was happy to cast my vote for women's rights!

It was over 100 degrees here too today and lines were massive. Churches in KS had huge "Vote Yes" signs in front of them and it wasn't illegal since they endorsed a position, not a politician, per state law (but it SHOULD be VERY illegal). Anyway, so glad they got their asses clobbered!

Thank you for voting :hug:

54 minutes ago, Communion said:

It's funny that people claim that the American public are somehow conservative when referendums are often the only way popular progressive policies end up getting passed. Weed legalization, $15 minimum wage, protecting abortion, etc. And that's even when politicians see them as the easiest to manipulate with massive money dumps. :deadbanana4:

Say it louder for the people in the back. 

Lot to take away from this in terms of harnessing energy for turn-out.

I can't be cynical about this, even in terms of future challenges and application, for that alone. 

In a state where there are over 70% more registered Republicans than Democrats :rip:

All the Repubs needed to do this election cycle was sit back, eat their food, and watch Biden **** up. It would have been a Red Wave like no other in the midterms.

Now? Liberals are energized and conservative voters are having second thoughts at backing candidates who support such extreme measures as taking away abortion rights.

It's no longer about abstract boogeymen like "the gays" or "the Mexicans" or "the Muslims" anymore. This is something that impacts their daily lives.  Conservative women (and men) are waking up to the fact that their lives could be shattered at any moment by an unwanted pregnancy under Republican rule.

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

Say it louder for the people in the back. 

Lot to take away from this in terms of harnessing energy for turn-out.

I can't be cynical about this, even in terms of future challenges and application, for that alone. 

:clap3:

Also:

People can try to claim the US is a "center-right" country but its people are clearly not. 

Imagine if people just listened to progressives all along. :toofunny3:

tumblr_n146jiIIl51qg5o2oo7_250.gifv

Kansas said "We want progressive policies, NOT Biden" :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.