Los Angeles county to make it illegal for homeless families to live near schools

Communion

You would think that the solution would be a public housing program but I guess banning homeless people from being in certain places is much better :clap3:No one will ever be homeless in LA county now :clap3:Pelosi ha power :clap3:

My city is the worse :coffee2: all this money this big city makes and they don't utilize it to build more homeless shelters... but, we have a ton of high rises being built (with inflated rent prices that many can't afford).

Why are there homeless people anyway especially in first world countries? Unless you grew up from a homeless family of course. 

Imagine wanting to live in that trash city with trash policies. Thank god I didn't go to school there 

I would not expect anything else from one of the most conservative states in the US.

Despicable. California should be better than that

n_msnbc_brk_sanders_calif_200312_1920x10

10 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

Keeping kids safe is despicable? (as there tend to be more crime where homeless populations higher). Luckily America said NO the real despicable one aka the man that thinks it's okay to basically steal to people for his vanity programs that would never work in a million years and put millions of people out of work :-*

3 minutes ago, robattack332 said:

Keeping kids safe is despicable?

.....do you mean just kids who have homes? :deadbanana4:

11 minutes ago, robattack332 said:

Keeping kids safe is despicable? (as there tend to be more crime where homeless populations higher). Luckily America said NO the real despicable one aka the man that thinks it's okay to basically steal to people for his vanity programs that would never work in a million years and put millions of people out of work :-*

Spoken like a true MAGA :clown: Literally every other major country on earth (they already have Bernie's policies) had to laugh

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

Don't see the problem with this if the city has somewhere to relocate the homeless

2 hours ago, Jude said:

Why are there homeless people anyway especially in first world countries? Unless you grew up from a homeless family of course. 

Mental illness. Drug and alcohol abuse. They closed the mental institutions down in the 80s. We also have homeless veterans. 

I'm kinda conflicted about this. I don't think a lot of people here who haven't lived in LA realize how bad homelessness has become in the city. Like other people have mentioned, it has been shown that crime is likely to increase in areas with larger homeless encampments, and kids shouldn't be subjected to that. One person I know doesn't even feel comfortable walking by herself anymore because a man tried to grab her as she was walking home from class.

On the other hand though, this is clearly a very temporary solution to homelessness in LA. City officials should put more energy into building housing programs instead of cutting them, as they did with Project Roomkey.

Edited by Jotham

Why are people mad about this? Who would want their kids to attend school near a homeless encampment? So they can watch some homeless people shoot up heroin or defecate in broad daylight? :deadbanana2:

Edited by Sugar-Rush

4 minutes ago, Sugar-Rush said:

Why are people mad about this? Who would want their kids to attend school near a homeless encampment? So they can watch some homeless people shoot up heroin or defecate in broad daylight? :deadbanana2:

You know what would be a good way to avoid that? Providing them with housing :michael: 

20 hours ago, robattack332 said:

Keeping kids safe is despicable? 

What about the 20% of the homeless population that are children?

The city should provide them with housing 

On 8/2/2022 at 8:14 PM, rihannabiggestfan said:

lmaooooooooo u think bernie would do anything about this? the delusion.

Lol I don’t see the problem. Try walking your kid to school and seeing a homeless person naked and jerking off. 

This Is what some members want kids to walk thru while going to & from school :skull:

2 minutes ago, Raver said:

This Is what some members want kids to walk thru while going to & from school :skull:

So where should the homeless people and homeless children go? 

Omg that youtube account is transphobic as ****

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

So where should the homeless people and homeless children go? 

Away from  schools that’s for sure! 

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Omg that youtube account is transphobic as ****

Here’s cbs news with that same video 

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/video/viral-video-of-kids-market-street-encounter-highlights-san-franciscos-drug-problem/#x

Just now, Raver said:

Away from  schools that’s for sure! 

Here’s cbs news with that same video 

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/video/viral-video-of-kids-market-street-encounter-highlights-san-franciscos-drug-problem/#x

It’s okay I know what you stand for. And thanks for telling us that you hate homeless children. I can tell you are full of hate. It’s gross. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.