How do I give up a dog?

ANTIclimatic

Last Friday while my parents were a away and I was working 2 of my siblings went to Walmart but came back with a dog. Someone in the parking lot was selling dogs and my brother who is 17 got the bright idea to buy a puppy. My sister who is 22 and should have known better basically helped him buy it. I was upset because they brought a living creature into an environment where I knew it couldn't properly be cared for. Me and one other sister basically opted out on caretaking for the dog and told my other siblings that they would eventually have to give it up. Now not even three days later they all decided to rehome the dog but there is limited shelters and services in our area. I was thinking of putting up an ad on craigslist but is there anything else I could do to find a better home for the puppy?

:deadbanana4:

Stop being lazy and take responsibility of your new dog :sorry:

This is such a sad story. Please learn to respect living creatures and be responsible. At 17 your brother should be old enough to know this.

50 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

This is such a sad story. Please learn to respect living creatures and be responsible. At 17 your brother should be old enough to know this.

this, nothing makes me sadder than a puppy being unwelcome

Edited by ariananext
typo

First of all, you are doing the right thing. You know you guys can't take care of it so you are actually being responsible for giving up that dog.

That might sound insane but Facebook actually works for finding new homes for animals. Find your local groups for pets and give its details with some cute pictures.

Edited by P.O.P

If you decide to put it down, do it humanely

moonlitdick
11 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

Putting the puppy down is an absurd, horrific idea. It’s not like it’s gravely ill :rip: wtf

OP I wish I could help but keep looking and I’m sure you’ll find a solution. 

Edited by moonlitdick

16 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

Wthhh is this ? 

Why do humans think they have the right to do this to animals? 

18 minutes ago, Prisoner said:

?

1 hour ago, moonlitdick said:

Putting the puppy down is an absurd, horrific idea. It’s not like it’s gravely ill :rip: wtf

OP I wish I could help but keep looking and I’m sure you’ll find a solution. 

1 hour ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Wthhh is this ? 

Why do humans think they have the right to do this to animals? 

Sorry. I thought this was an adult dog, not a puppy :deadbanana2: but even so, I'm not asking them to kill an animal but rather to do it humanely if they desire to do so

Just now, Prisoner said:

Sorry. I thought this was an adult dog, not a puppy :deadbanana2: but even so, I'm not asking them to kill an animal but rather to do it humanely if they desire to do so

Even if it's an adult dog.... it's no different. Unless the dog suffers too much pain from an incurable illness ...

I feel that, my dumbass sister also brought a dog home without having the responsibility to take care of it :ace:

11 hours ago, Prisoner said:

:deadbanana2:

12 hours ago, Prisoner said:

wtf is wrong with you? disgusting.

OP, dont touch that poor animal please!

You should put some effort into it. Don't just give it to anyone, it should be someone where you're sure the dog will be loved (and not be tortured). I think looking for a pets community on Facebook is a good start.

20 hours ago, magazine said:

:deadbanana4:

Stop being lazy and take responsibility of your new dog :sorry:

This. Puppies are cute and fun to make up for the INSANE amount of responsibility they take to care for in the first 6 months/year. 
If someone’s too thick headed to understand that then they’re too thick headed to raise that poor puppy properly. 
Make sure you give it to a family who’s smart enough and patient enough to give it a good life 

12 hours ago, Prisoner said:

jfc :toofunny2:

17 and 22 is too old for pulling crap like this :deadbanana4:

you are doing the right thing, i hope this is a lesson for your siblings

On 8/1/2022 at 10:35 PM, Prisoner said:

what exactly is wrong with this statement? I don't understand

1 minute ago, GentleEarthquake said:

So you’d just put down a puppy when you don’t want it anymore like it’s some stuffed animal? 

1 minute ago, Mr.Link said:

So you’d just put down a puppy when you don’t want it anymore like it’s some stuffed animal? 

are the words "put down" the issue here? idk english is not my native language

1 minute ago, GentleEarthquake said:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.