• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kamil24

• mystery

• smoore95GAGA

• TheBoss

6 hours ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

;lLJKHSLKJSDHF NOT THIS LITERALLY BEING THE LAST PLACE I HEARD THAT SONG. SICKENING

GIRL I BE KNOWIN, TRUST ME ?‍♀️?‍♀️???

I live in Manhattan so I always notice what songs I hear “out in the wild” a lot. 

I’ve always been very curious about how playlisting works for for places like pharmacies and airports (which was the last place I heard Good Time).

I feel like I hear I Really Like You quite frequently as a pharmacy song.

Like, I Really Like You did pretty well in some countries, but I’m pretty sure the bulk of its daily streams are from these weird store-playlists. I mean, in a few months, it’ll have surpassed *500 million streams*. That’s crazy — the song did NOT do well enough to be streamed like that by actual people. Which makes me feel like these store-play listings are probably pretty coveted, too, or at least, there’s specific maneuvering to get certain songs on these playlists. They clearly can add a lot to a song’s streaming numbers, and that must add up to good money for a label.

But yes, especially Good Time. That is a damn pharmacy song — no way ten years later are 250,000 people a day going “you know what I REALLY need to hear right now??”

Call Me Maybe obviously gets a lot of store streams but that one is clearly beloved, I definitely buy that a lot of people still want to listen to it from time to time.

Edited by theflying

As a Carly Stan i for sure thought Meghan Trainor was gonna debut higher then Carly but miss Carly got a viral hit before her album gets released perfect timing. 

This actually is kind of making me rethink the wisdom of touring as the album was coming out. I thought it was a very strange thing to do — but, actually, reminding your fan base that your new album is coming out, and drumming up support — that actually seems like a pretty decent strategy, no?

I, too, will be curious to see the Carly vs. Meghan numbers. 

4 hours ago, theflying said:

GIRL I BE KNOWIN, TRUST ME ?‍♀️?‍♀️???

I live in Manhattan so I always notice what songs I hear “out in the wild” a lot. 

I’ve always been very curious about how playlisting works for for places like pharmacies and airports (which was the last place I heard Good Time).

I feel like I hear I Really Like You quite frequently as a pharmacy song.

Like, I Really Like You did pretty well in some countries, but I’m pretty sure the bulk of its daily streams are from these weird store-playlists. I mean, in a few months, it’ll have surpassed *500 million streams*. That’s crazy — the song did NOT do well enough to be streamed like that by actual people. Which makes me feel like these store-play listings are probably pretty coveted, too, or at least, there’s specific maneuvering to get certain songs on these playlists. They clearly can add a lot to a song’s streaming numbers, and that must add up to good money for a label.

But yes, especially Good Time. That is a damn pharmacy song — no way ten years later are 250,000 people a day going “you know what I REALLY need to hear right now??”

Call Me Maybe obviously gets a lot of store streams but that one is clearly beloved, I definitely buy that a lot of people still want to listen to it from time to time.

IRLY did to well though, it was #3 on Europe's overall chart. I remember it hit 200M on Spotify fairly quick. Spotify was quite new then so Carly at the time was one of the few artists to have 2 songs over 200M. Good Time was always behind IRLY in streams but has gained some steam lately and passed it. 

• ATRL Moderator

Ugh Bends is so freaking heavenly :ghostface:

I got scared the streaming would be trash but its actually decent since shes promoting it as minor singles at first then letting them grow off each other. I was worried it would all be around 500K and flop looking at how western wind was doing.

But its cute streams considering the little promotion and marketing

Western Wind - 6.5M

Beach House - 5.1M

Talking To Yourself - 3.7.M

Loneliest Time - 1.5M 

near album release isnt bad.

Coming back to say Bends is probably her best song ever like it’s just that girl

Keep Away is so freaking delicious

20 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

I wonder if she's gonna add any other album tracks to the setlist after the album actually comes out... Kinda doubt it but it'd be nice.

Also yeah the title track is definitely the best of the singles so far (haven't listened to the leak yet, somehow). So sweet, gorgeous, love Rufus's inclusion, cute video as well. The bridge WHEW. Please smash somehow!

I actually hope she does! Would love to hear Surrender My Heart live :jonny4:

The trend is already at 12.8k views! It is speeding up for sure. 

Should I make my first TikTok to help her chart? x

15k videos now

they need to do something the potential is there :ghostface:

6 hours ago, djcalpal said:

Should I make my first TikTok to help her chart? x

Yes :lakitu:

the loneliest time would be so much better without the feature

surrender my heart sounds like a bop!

I'm getting excited for the album now

Since The Loneliest Time is starting to go viral, I’m hoping Schoolboy/Interscope plan to start adding it to playlists, its on a very few right now and I think if they strategize this well, it CAN catch on fire! 

1 hour ago, Thickorita said:

Are the Spotify streams increasing? I use AM so can't see :noparty:

Yup! Up to 177k daily streams, up from 150k daily streams maybe a day or so ago, and it likely wasn’t doing 100k daily until it started to take off.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.