What's your privilege and often do you use it?

Joyride

I'm white, live in a western country and although I'm not cis I usually read as a cis man. So I guess all that. I've actually experienced stuff a lot of people haven't like being harassed by the police, living in rough areas, being physically and sexually assaulted. Due to growing up in poverty but my situation has improved since then and o don't really get any of that anymore since I moved into a nicer area. So that's deffo a privilege that I got to do that. 

I'm able to walk, see, hear and think clear. I use this privilege every day and I'm grateful for it :celestial5:

4 minutes ago, LeMésTragique said:

I'm able to walk, see, hear and think clear. I use this privilege every day and I'm grateful for it :celestial5:

:clap3:

I think the #1 privilege is having supportive parents who I know would be there for me if my life fell apart.

That security allows me to try to be independent but with the knowledge that if I fail, I'll be fine. There's no risk. So even though I'm not living off my parents, just their existence allows me to live in peace of mind and that's a huge privilege.

i'm a female (females have no privilege's in this world anymore though.

so I legit got none!  people with power telling us girls we can't have sex with protection and have to have babies. :doc:

what someone mention in this thread my only privilege is being able to see, hear, drive and walk. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.