• Britney Spears

Beyonce

Lady Gaga

Rihanna

Taylor Swift

Adele

Katy Perry

Britney Spears

All of them have had impact… Katy’s footprint is probably the smallest out of this group but it’s still significant.

But If I had to pick - Bey, Gaga and Britney

For music industry:

Taylor >> others. 

There are TONS of new artists that are basically swifties. The last 3-4 years Taylor's impact and influential in music has been very apparent. Even her 2 years old album folklore impacted several artists.

8 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

dont yall get tired of this ****?

This 

By “Entertainment”, do we mean both the Music and Film industries?

In that case, without being biased, I would say that Lady Gaga has had the most impact on the entertainment industry of the MPG’s listed here and that’s simply because she has had the most notable success across both avenues thus far. 

No other MPG, this century anyway, has transitioned from Music into Hollywood, and other forays of entertainment, with more ease than Gaga has and she has the acclaim to support that. (Now, if you count J.Lo as an MPG then she would be #1, overall).

• Beyoncé built a name for herself in Hollywood also, and started in several successful projects, but no true acclaim came from it (outside of “Dreamgirls and even then the acclaim went to others involved). 

• Rihanna inserted herself into Hollywood also but only, truly, got involved in projects that she liked. Again, nothing mightily substantial has come from it outside of Oceans 8/Home.

• Adele has “Skyfall” and the en masse of awards she won from that.

• Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, Britney Spears? No.

:michael:

Now, if we’re referring to just music then, in terms of commercial success:

1) Rihanna/Taylor Swift

2) Taylor Swift/Rihanna

3) Adele

4) Beyonce

5) Lady Gaga

6) Katy Perry

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

I have always loved these "vote for your fave" polls !

I think all of these artists have had a huge impact in the music industry but Adele and Taylor Swift.

Adele just sings a few balads every 5 years and disappears. She has never done anything else in her career. For Taylor, I really don't see what kind of impact she might have had. I know she's big in some places but numbers =/= impact.

1. Britney Spears
  2. Beyoncé
  3. Lady Gaga
  4. Katy Perry
  5. Rihanna
  6. Taylor Swift
  7. Adele
Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

Lady Gaga as an anti I have to recognize isn't even close, Britney at some extent too 

1. Britney

2. Beyonce

3. Lady Gaga

4. Rihanna

5. Taylor Swift

6. Adele

7. Katy Perry

Impact wise

#1 (TIE) Lady Gaga - had entire multi-billion game franchise named after her DEBUT single. only modern MPG thats an actual triple threat. 

#1 (TIE) Britney Spears - the epitome of teen pop, pop music after her hasn't been the same. 

#1 (TIE) Beyoncé - known for her immaculate performances, remains the biggest staple of a female in entertainment this century.

#4 Adele - was able to have one of the highest selling pure albums ever in the digital age. broke record for highest first week sales of all-time in digital age.

#5 Taylor Swift - became the biggest female streaming force 15+ years into her career, despite pulling albums from streaming. able to always introduce herself to new demographics each era. 

#6 Rihanna - biggest hit maker of all-time undoubtedly. modern queen of re-invention after madonna

#7 Katy Perry - re-introduced the concept of longlasting album era's in a time where era's became less relevant. sadly she faded too soon

Lady Gaga. Legend shifted the Pop genrenat one point. Only Adele came second when it comes to genre shifting.

Beyoncé 

Rihanna

Taylor Swift

Katy Perry

Gaga Britney Adele and Britney - no impact on anything 

Beyonce - golden standard of professionalism, talent and iconic moments.

Lady Gaga - her coming along shook the music industry out of its doldrums. Great performer, iconic moments and is enjoying a second wind as an acclaimed actress

Britney Spears - the biggest global icon to come across since Madonna. Multiple iconic songs, performances and music videos.

Least - Adele, Taylor Swift. Forgettable, flavorless music, no iconic moments or pop culture impact.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.