Beyonce’s new album only 332k (HDD predicted +500k), why?

OnlyManInTheWorld

2 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

That sounds like a personal issue, because it doesn't change the fact that the album is a celebration of black and queer culture.

Yeah because this woman has never celebrated queer culture until it's safe and trendy to do. Meanwhile all of her peers at least latched onto queer culture when it was still somewhat unaccepted in the public eye. It's just disingenuous 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jagger

• OnlyManInTheWorld

• Planet Mars

• Lovett

1 minute ago, Jagger said:

Yeah because this woman has never celebrated queer culture until it's safe and trendy to do. Meanwhile all of her peers at least latched onto queer culture when it was still somewhat unaccepted in the public eye. It's just disingenuous 

In reality she's been celebrating queer culture throughout her entire career, with drag queens in the "Bills, Bills, Bills" video, to effeminate men vogueing in the "Freakum Dress" video, to gay male backing dancers in live performances of "Single Ladies", to gay couples in the "All Night" music video. She's celebrated and uplifted the community for decades, particularly queer POC. Just because you have chosen to ignore it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

As I said, pick something else to troll about.

7 minutes ago, Jagger said:

I don't even know her early career that good (only became incredibly impressed by her talent and artistry in December 2013), but her 2006 song Freakum Dress literally has black queer men being put in the spotlight at the beginning of the video. And in 2006 gay culture was NOT cool/acccepted in the public eye.

On 7/31/2022 at 6:19 AM, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Why isn’t Bey pulling more than this?

Okay so the first title of your thread was 'Beyoncé not more than 275K', then you altered the number to 315K.

And then it became 'New Prediction: ONLY (:toofunny3:) 325K'

But in the end she ended up pulling 332K.

All of this tells me that she kept outdoing the predictions made during the release week :alexz:The fact that you have zero shame and still running around ATRL trying to spin the narrative is so transparent and sad :juanny:

2 minutes ago, Bingo said:

Okay so the first title of your thread was 'Beyoncé not more than 275K', then you altered the number to 315K.

And then it became 'New Prediction: ONLY (:toofunny3:) 325K'

But in the end she ended up pulling 332K.

All of this tells me that she kept outdoing the predictions made during the release week :alexz:The fact that you have zero shame and still running around ATRL trying to spin the narrative is so transparent and sad :juanny:

HDD predicted +500k :clap3:

Just now, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

I clearly stated 'predictions made during the release week' :coffee2: Couldn't care less about who predicted what before then because it's literally impossible to tell. Now back to the suffering you go!

dU5ycsd.gif

Aaand yet another change in the thread title :toofunny2: How are you not embarrassed at this point? 

10 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

You got banned from making new threads didn't you :bibliahh:

Why are you all taking the OP's bait? 332k is solid.

332K! Poor OBH. 332K more than 99% of ya’ll favorite girls most recent first week sales.

7th #1 album. First female to accomplish this feat.

This is massive success in 2022 ESPECIALLY for Beyoncé who is 25 years into her career.

No matter how many times you move the goal post you can’t change that.

Not the OP changing the thread title 3 times.

:rip:

Edited by ObsessedwithBey

Well album sales are obviously not what they once were. This debut is the second largest of the year and bigger than that of much younger artists like Billie Eilish. How is this not a total book in your mind? :thing: 

On 8/3/2022 at 1:29 PM, Jagger said:

Meanwhile all of her peers at least latched onto queer culture when it was still somewhat unaccepted in the public eye.

lmao you better be able to prove this, because it still isn't :bibliahh:

Edited by Pheromosa

1 hour ago, Space&Time said:

332K! Poor OBH. 332K more than 99% of ya’ll favorite girls most recent first week sales.

7th #1 album. First female to accomplish this feat.

This is massive success in 2022 ESPECIALLY for Beyoncé who is 25 years into her career.

No matter how many times you move the goal post you can’t change that.

It is ok to go to bed at night and have your own life tho. 

43 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

lmao you better be able to prove this, because it still isn't :bibliahh:

Get a grip. It's very clear that it's accepted in media, music, and Hollywood

11 minutes ago, Jagger said:

Get a grip. It's very clear that it's accepted in media, music, and Hollywood

honey, the public eye and the media are not the same :toofunny3:

6 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

honey, the public eye and the media are not the same :toofunny3:

okay honey 

24 minutes ago, Jagger said:

okay honey 

Beyoncé has had queer representation in her music and videos since before Gaga even signed a record deal. Stop embarrassing yourself :toofunny3:

Just now, Planet Mars said:

Beyoncé has had queer representation in her music and videos since before Gaga even signed a record deal. Stop embarrassing yourself :toofunny3:

She really hasn't :toofunny2: not to the extent of Ren

1 minute ago, Jagger said:

She really hasn't :toofunny2: not to the extent of Ren

I'd doesn't matter because she's a natural for it. Beyoncé's audience is full of gay/queer POC, the founders and maintainers of ball culture. The album acts almost like a tribute to them (as well as her uncle).

She's a gay icon with a large gay following, and has probably inspired more drag Queens than anybody this side of Cher or Diana Ross. She's an icon of the community, has been for years, and has always acknowledged that.

5 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

I agree 100 %

The only other Beyoncé project I liked before was 4. But this. Wow. It feels so Madonna to me, I love it 

HDD totally sets her up :toofunny2:

how many times did they overestimate debut number?

there is no way Beyonce challenged Taylor and Adele in album sales

I love the album

but I know it's not for everyone

3 hours ago, Planet Mars said:

Lol what?  Examples? Beyonce was anything but alternative/political until very recently, when it became cool to do so.  

3 minutes ago, BlueTimberwolf said:

Lol what?  Examples? Beyonce was anything but alternative/political until very recently, when it became cool to do so.  

Exactly this. The way they rewrite history :toofunny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.