Beyonce’s new album only 332k (HDD predicted +500k), why?

OnlyManInTheWorld

29 minutes ago, D.M.F said:

She’s not as big as she once was.

As least she’s not doing 4k like her peer, Christina Aguleria! 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jagger

• OnlyManInTheWorld

• Planet Mars

• Lovett

Stream HEATED for clear skin, rat.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952fa87b4903ed8a0261e

What will y'all do if the predictions go up? :keir:

I am just curious.

14 minutes ago, phreshprince said:

Banned for asking a question? How is that a bannable offense? Serious question. Grow a back bone..

Notice how I acknowledge that this a constant thing from this poster, aka trolling? Sorry if you have issues with the rules, I’m sure you would know first hand how these rules are applied from your past. :redface:

36 minutes ago, Wizard said:

STOP THE COUNT!

OnlyManInTheWorld

:rip:

1 hour ago, gustavothehuman said:

Y'all just be saying anything huh, just check some footage of Bey outside the stage and it's very clear she is a down-to-earth woman, even a bit introverted at times.

Isn’t she being presented as the Mother Mary of our times? 

1 hour ago, Wizard said:

STOP THE COUNT!

OnlyManInTheWorld

OnlyManInTheWorld

out of curiosity, what would be your standard for a female pop artist’s first week sales 24 years into their career?

for context:

Madonna - Confessions on a Dance Floor (350,000 - 22 years after debut)

Madonna - Hard Candy (280,000 - 25 years after debut)

Janet Jackson - 20 Y.O (296,000 - 24 years after debut)

315k first week sales for a 7th Studio album, 20 years after going Solo is a huge achievement and more then Respectable

I don't think it will do numbers like her previous albums but she will probs be gold by the 2nd week, Big numbers for a 90's act.

Also she's had no visuals to add more streaming numbers, but considering that it's still doing Massive numbers 

Edited by DanceAgain

300k in 2022 is like 500k-600k in 2010-2016

It’s MASSIVE, the current female popstars are not seeing these numbers.

Basically only Bey, Taylor and Adele are pulling it in a post-bundle era.

11 minutes ago, DanceAgain said:

I don't think it will do numbers like her previous albums but she will probs be gold by the 2nd week, Big numbers for a 90's act.

She won’t see the same numbers from ST ans Lemonade because we are in a completely different market.

The success seems on par for me with eras like 4 or Lemonade. ST was indeed bigger tho

wish your beyonce atrl thread count counted as sales cause then shed debut with 1m+ 1509131657_deadbanana22-Copy.gif 

Imagine expecting a 40 year old woman with 24 years of career to debut above 500k+ in 2022. ATRL and its double standards :toofunny2:

Other pop girls cant even sell half of that at their peak…

Edited by Mr.Link

Didn't you already make this thread? Please go outside.

lets just wait what the actual sales of her website and the streams on tidal are. 315k is nothing to scoff at

the specificity

the backfire

the xtina stan

E9F09A9A-39D8-4D49-A525-D8F358C140E1.thu

My understanding is that the predictions will increase as the days go by, so this amount is almost a low-ball estimate. 

I haven't seen a more desperate user on this site than the OP in a long time :skull: The drastic attempt to try to spin this into a bomb

Is a good number but Columbia expected around 500k they have really set up her 

Is a good number but Columbia expected around 500k they have really set up her 

Bey’s in a position where even 200k would be an impressive debut, considering how long she’s been playing the game and how ageist the industry can be. Numbers also take a backseat to the amount of impact it’s had the last few days and how many people are aware of its release. The album is solid and pretty experimental (from the bits I’ve heard), but as most of her music it just isn’t for me. Still, I admire Bey deeply and wish her all the success in the world, she’s earned it with her hard work and it’s nice to witness a female artist who’s basically immune to having a downfall, we should protect her at all costs. I can’t rank her as one of my faves (those are Tay and Brit), though I can gladly recognize she’s been solidified among the greatest acts of all time, congratulations Bey!!!

First week sales are looking impressive for Renaissance! A statistic that only matters on atrl. Literally no one else in the world cares.

315K isn't the final number and even if it was it would still be impressive, I can't remember another pop girl being 19 years into her career and still selling that much (except for Madonna)

Just now, allforyou said:

315K isn't the final number and even if it was it would still be impressive, I can't remember another pop girl being 19 years into her career and still selling that much (except for Madonna)

Shes 25 years into her career. Dont erase her career as a lead singer of Destinys Child like that. Bey has been in the game since 1997 and is peers with Britney and Xtina.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.