Bidding War for Tomb Raider: Alicia Vikander no longer involved

Totami Legend

I can see the new studio doing a multiverse movie with angie and alicia :gaycat5:

I liked Alicia's Tomb Raider - it was fun! Just kinda irked me how the plot was exactly the same as the first rebooted game. 

The role needs someone hot and fierce. alicia was miscast

eiza gonzalez or ana de armas plz :WAP:

I would be here for a new movie but they need to cast someone a lot more charismatic than Alicia, the 2018 film was decent and watchable but not on the level it should have been. Lara deserves a better live action adaption.

Ana De Armas please :jonny5:

It's kind of sad though because Tomb Raider 2 with Alicia was greenlit and ready to go. It was set to start filming in April 2020 but the lockdowns delayed it to 2021, then it just never kicked off and they seemed to go back to the drawing board. If it wasn't for the pandemic the movie would have come out March 19, 2021.

Just now, mystery said:

It's kind of sad though because Tomb Raider 2 with Alicia was greenlit and ready to go. It was set to start filming in April 2020 but the lockdowns delayed it to 2021, then it just never kicked off and they seemed to go back to the drawing board. If it wasn't for the pandemic the movie would have come out March 19, 2021.

I wanted the sequel so bad, Alicia was just getting started :chick2:

• ATRL Moderator

I hated the 2018 film so hopefully they just abandon that project altogether. Doing some movies unrelated to the games based on classic Lara would be more interesting. As much as I love reboot Survivor Lara, she's not as fun to watch on screen and there's no way a movie can tell her origins in a more compelling way than the games can. 

The whole Tomb Raider franchise has descended into such chaos since 2018, and you hate to see it. Everyone involved is fumbling the ball :deadbanana4:

So tired of current Lara. Please go back to classic Lara. It has to happen eventually. Reboot Lara literally isn't Lara. ? And Alicia was a horrible representation for Lara but then again, so is reboot Lara. 

13 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Alicia was still somewhat of a name back in 2018, nobody cares for her in 2022. So that makes sense. I never really understood how the original got a sequel greenlit in the first place. But then again it was a Warner Bros film.

MGM was the one who distributed and held the film rights. WB just helped produced. :rip:

OT: They took too long for a sequel ( the film should've been ready for 2020...which would been 2021 cuz of the panni).

I want one different the games not a retread or mishmash of game scenes like Uncharted.

A new Lara adventure with her game personality should work well.

They need to make Tomb Raider go back to its roots. Both the video game and the movie.

Give us campy, sassy, sexy, British queen Lara in short hot pants and a crop top and double pistols. 

44 minutes ago, mystery said:

This. I really loved Alicia's Lara, and I actually prefer reboot Lara to the original Lara. Although Tomb Raider: Legend was an iconic game

They can keep it. 2001&2003 movies > 2018 one. No hate to Alicia but Angelina set the bar too high for the role of Lara. She was just perfect for this role, you could’ve see the Lara Croft in her without a doubt. 

As someone said here, we need old good Lara back. 

35 minutes ago, Xantalli said:

Nnnnn Alicia can’t catch a break :rip: 
Im convinced her winning the Oscar cursed her career!!!

winslet's revenge.

i could see florence pugh who has recent action experience.

Just make it a series and call it a day. :giraffe: This won’t ever be successful as a movie franchise. 

it sucks. I wanted to see more of her Tomb Raider

Edited by Drowned8World

3 hours ago, Xantalli said:

Nnnnn Alicia can’t catch a break :rip: 
Im convinced her winning the Oscar cursed her career!!!

She's an Oscar winner? And Glenn Close hasn't even won anything :rip:

Good she wasn’t that great of a Lara. We need a fresh face actress or something with the charisma of Lara. Love the reboot games but the audience wants OG Lara again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.