Donald Trump describes LGBTQ people as “sickos” in speech signaling 2024 run

Yog

Donald Trump denounced LGBTQ equality in a speech at the America First Policy Institute’s first annual summit yesterday as he signaled his intent to run again in 2024.

During the speech, he denounced the “sexualization of minor children” while discussing LGBTQ people.

“The sickos who are pushing sexual content in kindergartens or providing puberty blockers to young children who have no idea what a puberty blocker is – neither do I, by the way, neither do most of the people in the audience as you smile,” he said. While he was at least honest about not knowing anything about health care for transgender youth, he took a strong stance against it.

170726-lgbt-trump-flag-ew-1019a.jpg

1 minute ago, shookspeare said:

he's just not cool with trans kids, he loves the gays

I hope you’re being sarcastic because this ain’t it :deadbanana2:

He is truly a never ending nightmare. :mazen:

I hope every transphobic cis gay person feel guilty about the political reality we're in and the giant elephant in the room that peddling transphobia did not help LGB acceptance but quite literally took us back by literal decades.

The way the media and every right politician made the queer community their ultimate new enemy. Since blaming Mexicans and Muslims for the sh+thole that is America didn't work, they're trying a new thing. "Gays are ruining the country/families/children", and we need to be stopped. 

I'm scared, saddened, tired, etc etc. Literally can't do this anymore. 

• ATRL Moderator

This is what happens when people somehow equivocate people passionately advocating for social justice (i.e., SJWs) with literal bigots. As has been mentioned, edge lords in the LGBTQ+ community trying to make transphobia seem reasonable for whatever reason are also partly to blame for this massive regression our community as a whole is suffering. The LGBTQ+ community needs to have each other's backs. The amount of abject transphobia within the LGBTQ+ community is extremely disheartening and revolting. If we all were in each other's corner, we would be better off.

Nonetheless, hopefully we make smart moves going forward to try to win back some of the progress on the cultural battleground that we've suddenly lost due to complacency.

34 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

but it never just stops there does it

Trump isn’t homophobic at all! This is such a manipulative, false headline with a spin so turnt it’s purely been written to encourage further division and hatred between left and right. 

18 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

The way the media and every right politician made the queer community their ultimate new enemy. Since blaming Mexicans and Muslims for the sh+thole that is America didn't work, they're trying a new thing. "Gays are ruining the country/families/children", and we need to be stopped. 

Girl relax

Just now, Jack. said:

Girl relax

1 minute ago, Jack. said:

Trump isn’t homophobic at all! This is such a manipulative, false headline with a spin so turnt it’s purely been written to encourage further division and hatred between left and right. 

tenor.thumb.gif.4d0c6dff3610d51442e1caf7

42 minutes ago, Yog said:

I hope you’re being sarcastic because this ain’t it :deadbanana2:

That user only ever gives the worst takes, a talent :clap3:

@OP 

48 minutes ago, Yog said:

“The sickos who are pushing sexual content in kindergartens

No one is doing that, who is going to tell him?  Republicans are so stupid, imagine if they actually tried to understand the content they are so obsessed with hating.  :deadbanana4:

13 minutes ago, Bloo said:

This is what happens when people somehow equivocate people passionately advocating for social justice (i.e., SJWs) with literal bigots. As has been mentioned, edge lords in the LGBTQ+ community trying to make transphobia seem reasonable for whatever reason are also partly to blame for this massive regression our community as a whole is suffering. The LGBTQ+ community needs to have each other's backs. The amount of abject transphobia within the LGBTQ+ community is extremely disheartening and revolting. If we all were in each other's corner, we would be better off.

Nonetheless, hopefully we make smart moves going forward to try to win back some of the progress on the cultural battleground that we've suddenly lost due to complacency.

this

19 minutes ago, Jack. said:

I can’t even begin to imagine the amount of cognitive dissonance that occurs in your brain at all time

tenor.thumb.gif.4d0c6dff3610d51442e1caf7

Edited by Headlock

when will these old people shut up about things they know nothing about, i'm tired

What will the white gays who support him, and/or Republicans in general do now? :ahh:

1 hour ago, Jack. said:

2 hours ago, shookspeare said:

exactly

people need to stop with the fake news 

28 minutes ago, A Bomb said:

What will the white gays who support him, and/or Republicans in general do now? :ahh:

@Donquizote

1 hour ago, Blade Runner said:

And people get surprised when I cut my self away from all Republicans. They don’t deserve explanations cuz they won’t listen anyway.

My Trumper bestie told me Trump loves the gays how is she gonna defend this one now

:matty:

The way OP didn't even bother to link the article.

The only things Trump came for in his speech were allowing children to transition, and allowing trans women to compete in women's sports.

The headline is wildly misleading and honestly shameful. There is enough about him to hate that we don't have to twist his speeches like this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.