• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZIVERT

• Protocol

• Illuminati

• Bosque

10 hours ago, Michael196 said:

Absolutely tasteless and disgusting and you know what’s more disgusting is the sudden support from the entire world for a white country, when this same world has been pretending not to see what’s happening in certain places in the world where they’ve been living like this not for a couple of months, but for over half a century. I mean I’m glad they’re getting support, but the picking and choosing is appalling to say the least...

This

10 hours ago, Michael196 said:

Absolutely tasteless and disgusting and you know what’s more disgusting is the sudden support from the entire world for a white country, when this same world has been pretending not to see what’s happening in certain places in the world where they’ve been living like this not for a couple of months, but for over half a century. I mean I’m glad they’re getting support, but the picking and choosing is appalling to say the least...

Stop being racist when people and children are dying. 

10 hours ago, ZIVERT said:

I’m sorry but the Americans and everyone else in here are serving WORMS FOR BRAINS. Typical Westplaining. As someone who had to leave Ukraine because of the war, do you know how f*cking annoying it is to hear from Americans everyday “what’s happening in Ukraine? Is the war still going on?” Olena Zelenska is acting as an unofficial ambassador, meeting with the American president last week and now appearing in the biggest fashion magazine in the world to continue to raise awareness for a country that is under constant barrage. My street in Kyiv alone has been hit with missiles 3 times since the war started, and that’s nothing - some places are being hit 3 times a day!!!

How many of you in this thread calling this disgusting and tasteless have bothered to check out the ATRL thread about the war lately? Literally none of you, because it only gets updated once every few days by the same user. But now you all want to be experts on the optics of a war you don’t even care about, outside of how it affects you personally. The inability for anyone on this website to apply critical thinking makes me sick. 

Drag them for filth :jonny:

If the idea is to keep Ukraine in the news and keep people aware, I'm sure they could have thought of a way to do this aside from a "glam" photoshoot in a fashion mag that doesn't even do social commentaries to start with, what's so hard to understand about that? Of course this is ******* tacky :biblio:

Not surprised seeing that extremely dumb user refer to people being uncomfortable with this as "westplaining" as if people aren't right to be understandably bothered by another instance of pop culture politics.

The least they could have done is to have the photoshoot be dominated by pictures of the war, or the actual people suffering, not the airbrushed pics of the president and his wife like some demented promo for a new HBO show.

Edited by Khal

Imagine being the leader of a contry in the middle of a war. Thousands of people being murd*red. Millions of people becoming refugees. And you just think 'I'm gonna make a photosoot for a fashion magazine with my wife' :rip:

I get supporting the people of Ukraine and a piece on TIME Magazine but this is just feel so... out of place? :deadbanana2:

58 minutes ago, Khal said:

If the idea is to keep Ukraine in the news and keep people aware, I'm sure they could have thought of a way to do this aside from a "glam" photoshoot in a fashion mag that doesn't even do social commentaries to start with, what's so hard to understand about that? Of course this is ******* tacky :biblio:

Not surprised seeing that extremely dumb user refer to people being uncomfortable with this as "westplaining" as if people aren't right to be understandably bothered by another instance of pop culture politics.

The least they could have done is to have the photoshoot be dominated by pictures of the war, or the actual people suffering, not the airbrushed pics of the president and his wife like some demented promo for a new HBO show.

Yea Americans and Europeans whose countries are spending billions of public funds on sending weapons to Ukraine get to have a say

13 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

His "fame hunger" as some of you say is simply an effort to keep Ukraine in the media and social consciousness. A lot of people flipped the page on them after a few week and turned their attention onto something else, meanwhile Russia is still destroying their country and slaughtering their people, and they still need help from the rest of the free world.

They're absolutely right to use any opportunity that is offered to them, even from Vogue (who btw always had a history of documenting wars since way back to WW1)

:ahh:

OT:

output_se18ml_zpsdzyd0mufz.gif

GMtPk98.jpg

I agree about this being tacky and unnecessary, you can still bring awareness and get support with doing a more appropriate reportage for a different media outlet, a Vogue shooting with the war as backgroud and the first lady of the President with her hair and make up just done is just tacky.

Vogue US and Anna Wintour are truly became a joke, Italian and French ones would never.

Uhm and who cares? It's not like they did a high fashion shoot. Has no one here ever heard of war reporting?

Atrl truly has the worst takes on this war

3 hours ago, Mellark said:

I get supporting the people of Ukraine and a piece on TIME Magazine but this is just feel so... out of place? :deadbanana2:

And why does the magazine in which it is published matter at all? If anything it will bring awareness to a different demographic who don't read Time Magazine every day

3 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Has no one here ever heard of war reporting?

Yeah, cause Vogue is an epitome of a war reporting magazine :rip: 

4 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Uhm and who cares? It's not like they did a high fashion shoot. Has no one here ever heard of war reporting?

Atrl truly has the worst takes on this war

This IS a high fashion shoot though? 

1 minute ago, Hurem said:

Yeah, cause Vogue is an epitome of a war reporting magazine :rip: 

So your only issue is that this piece is different from what Vogue usually does? Or do you have any other logical complaints? 

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

This IS a high fashion shoot though? 

Girl just cause the pics are HQ does not make it a high fashion shoot :deadbanana: it's a feature in a magazine which you are fuming about without even having read it. They're literal pictures from a warzone. 

1 minute ago, Dephira said:

So your only issue is that this piece is different from what Vogue usually does? Or do you have any other logical complaints? 

My issue is that it is extremely tacky to do a photoshoot for a fashion magazine while your country is being destroyed by Russia.

Just now, Dephira said:

Girl just cause the pics are HQ does not make it a high fashion shoot :deadbanana: it's a feature in a magazine which you are fuming about without even having read it. They're literal pictures from a warzone. 

If you can’t see what’s wrong with a professional high fashion photographer doing this photoshoot for a high fashion magazine like Vogue I don’t know what to tell you. 

2 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

If you can’t see what’s wrong with a professional high fashion photographer doing this photoshoot for a high fashion magazine like Vogue I don’t know what to tell you. 

Tell me what's wrong with it, since it's so obvious. Go ahead, give me one logical reason. 

2 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Tell me what's wrong with it, since it's so obvious. Go ahead, give me one logical reason. 

He’s taking time out of his day to pose with his wife for a high fashion magazine while people in his country are being targeted by Russia. It’s in such bad taste. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.