I’m late, but I’m just now getting into “Stranger Things”. Your thoughts on the show?

Bears01

So, I know I’m way behind with the times, but I just binged watched the first 2 seasons of Stranger Things (3 episodes into season 3) and I need some people to discuss the show with me (don’t spoil the rest for me, please, I beg). My thoughts: 

Season 1: Amazing. Spectacular. The writing, the acting, the suspense, the General feeling of dread>>>>literally I texted some of my friends (many who’ve seen it already) and said “wow, I haven’t been this blown away by a show since Breaking Bad”. An A+ season, and I don’t give those out often. I was HOOKED. 

Season 2: A solid/good season, but a significant step down. Sloppier writing, characters acting dumber than the season before (especially for some who just went through something so traumatic so recent, but still acting dumb), a BOTTLE episode that disrupted the pace when the season was reaching its peak, and said episode felt a bit unnecessary. Having said that, I never once lost interest, the characters all had good development, characters I could not STAND in season 1 significantly grew on me (Steve), and some overall great cinematography. A solid “B/B+” season. 

Season 3: I have a long way to go to finish the season but so far it is a MESS. I’ll wait till the end to grade said season, but from what I’ve watched so far, I’d get no higher than a “C-“ and that’s being generous :rip:

Now, from what everyone (and I mean everyone) has told me: Season 4 is THE season to look forward to, so (without spoiling) I’d like to discuss the show with y’all as much as you can! 

I love it. Such an awesome show. Season 3 was great

3 minutes ago, Insanity said:

I love it. Such an awesome show. Season 3 was great

My friends all told me “seasons 2 and 3 suck, but season 4 will be worth it”, so that’s what made me hesitant to even start watching because I lose interest fast. And like I said in my breakdown: I still really liked season 2. But so far I’m not loving season 3.  Different strokes for different tokes, but I’m hoping it gets better in season 3. 

:michael:

Season is 4 is phenomenal and truly the best yet. I still have two episodes left but you are not ready!

3 minutes ago, skwonderfactory said:

Season is 4 is phenomenal and truly the best yet. I still have two episodes left but you are not ready!

I already watched it, but I got my friends into it and they're on season 4 now. They just finished episode 6 and they think its the worst season yet. It honestly makes me angry since I am watching some episodes with them. They didn't like 3 either.

I watched seasons 1 and 2 a long time ago. I watched a couple episodes of season 3 when it came out, and then I got busy and stopped. I’m planning on finishing it and watching season 4.

8 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

I already watched it, but I got my friends into it and they're on season 4 now. They just finished episode 6 and they think its the worst season yet. It honestly makes me angry since I am watching some episodes with them. They didn't like 3 either.

From my friends who are diehard/honest fans, they all told me straight up that (knowing me) I’d love the show and that Seasons 1 and especially season 4 would have me GRIPPED and they were absolutely correct regarding season 1, so I am truly on EDGE for season 4 

Edited by Bears01

I liked season 3 best

I tried watching the first episode and didn’t like it :katie:

Honest opinion? For me it's a 3/10 show.

The first season is the best one but still mediocre with predictable writing and some of the worst acting I've ever seen (Winona Ryder and the kids are the worst offenders). 

Season 4 is a MESS. I basically skipped 2 whole arcs for how pointless and painfully slow and uninteresting they were (Kamchatka and Eleven). The rest is a cliché-fest topped with flat and extremely stereotyped characters. I swear some of them are completely useless. 

La Casa De Papel, Squid Game and now this...I have no words.

The actors aren't the usual supermodels but normal looking people...I have to give props to the producers for that. 

I liked seasons 2 &3 the most.... season 4 started out good but it got boring (to me) unfortunately. I'm still invested in the story S4 just had too many boring moments for my liking. But overall a great show. I give it an 8/10

I started a month ago and I am a real FAN. first time I watched it i couldnt warm up to it, but re watching Season 1, im already at Season 4! Steve & Eddie are :smitten:

i like it a lot. is it my favorite show, or the most original? not quite. but i enjoy it. also i admire the decision to make season 4 longer because it allowed for a bit more development of stuff that would've felt rushed/shallow without. am i holding my breath waiting for s5 going to scream/cry/throw up when it comes out? no. but i will watch :clap3:  

Season 1 and 3 are my favorites... probably because of the Joe Keery/ Steve Harrington content :jonny5:

IMO Season 2 > 1 = 4A > 3 = 4B

Edited by Walk_Away21

Really good show tbh. I remember watching it for the first time with my gf and instantly loved it . Not a big fan of S3 tbh. Especially the begining. But that's how it usually is , it starts off slow and then the good stuff starts later. 

I can't really go into details but if you enjoy thriller/horror nostalgic shows mixed with Stephen kings influences here and there then you'll love it. The main character is instantly likeable. Season 1 is the best and they really redeemed it with S4. literally reached the end of this final season. 

12 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

IMO Season 2 > 1 = 4A > 3 = 4B

I (OP) am now about to finish season 3, and my ranking: 1>>2=3. Still loving it, but My expectations are sky high for S4 though and I pray it delivers 

Season 4 is amazing. Season 1 is good but the other 2 seasons feel like Disney Channel original series.

Too many plot holes and cliches

Season 1 was amazing and on pair with season 4 IMO

Season 2 was the weakest, I can't even remember anything from this season except 11 saying bitchin' and that's it

Season 3 plot-wise, it was weak even the writers admitted it was the weakest season because the main story didn't develop at all, but IMO it was super fun season and I love it so much. It felt like a nice fun summer show and a break from the main theme and story

• 2 weeks later...

Watched S1 when it came out, I thought it was fine, but slow. I thought it was gonna be a limited series but they released season 2 and just couldn't get through it.

Heard that some episodes of s4 are 2.5 hours long?? Are they ok? I could never 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.