Instagram confirms it wants to be Tiktok, gets dragged in replies

James_Dean

Idgi, people aren't going to flock to IG because it's more like tiktok, it's just making people using IG annoyed :skull: Why become a copy of something that's already there ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Ricardo1993

• Domination

• Archetype

how? we already have stories and reels..?

Instagram is dying - it became too artificial 

the reason why Twitter and TikTok thrive is because they’re mostly just fun takes on life.

not surprised Facebook is ruining it, he’ll be out of a job soon :rip:

it’s like when Snapchat added an entire news section. :deadbanana4: 

My Insta feed has already updated to be like the FYP. It’s not bad, I actually stop and look at each post now instead of aimlessly scrolling.

However I hate instagrams algorithm, my accounts are decreasing rather than growing. 

Their videos are a pale imitation of YouTube. Their stories are a pale imitation of Snapchat. Their reels are a pale imitation of TikTok. She just doesn't have the vernacular that she thinks she possesses. 

Meanwhile the one niche they have carved out as a selling point – photos – is something they're actively pivoting away from. Where's the logic?

Edited by Pop Life

Why are they so hell bent into pleasing collective lack of intelligence? 

we're basically witnessing a digital arms race with social media apps all fighting one another to become the first "super app." Facebook is probably ultra pissed that ByteDance, a Chinese company nonetheless, is beating them at their own game and so they're pulling out all the stops. they're setting IG up to be the replacement if TikTok gets banned within the US/EU but ironically they're upsetting their user base in the process :rip: 

I've been hearing people speculate that IG could try to copy BeReal within the coming months given its breakout popularity. I lowkey hope this happens so they'll start prioritizing photos again because the app is unusable in its current form. I'm always missing posts from my irl friends because my feed has been oversaturated with reels, videos, and product placements

dupe

Edited by Mr.Link

IG has really gone downhill. It’s on its way out, TikTok has officially taken ovrr

stupid ugly useless minion looking ass motherf*cker! what kind of answer is that? they truly don’t care about user feedback 

6 hours ago, truthteller said:

we need to ban tiktok once and for all. it keeps ruining everything :rip: 

Girl the fact that TikTok went from nothing to one of the biggest social media platforms in a span of 2-3 years is amazing. They're basically the hottest new IT girl right now :rip: And the standards for IG :sistrens: If anything, Facebook ruined IG.

I share the same thoughts with people saying we're on IG for photos. Stealing Snapchat features and killing it by debuting IG stories worked. But Reels IS annoying. Spammed with ads IS annoying. Not being able to see friend's photos chronologically IS annoying. People are tired of the unusable and unfriendly, bloated interface. Truly I'm only on IG because it replaced FB for keeping up with friends I never talked to in years. The only social media I actively use are LinkedIn & TikTok lol (and Twitter but lurking counts).

It’s annoying, but Tiktok is the future of all social media. Video & Live content will overtake every app soon. I miss when Instagram was just pictures of your friends and followers, but now literally every other post is an ads

Instagram running itself into the ground by ignoring it users feedback :rip:

I hate how the default things I see om instagram are reels now :coffee2:

9 hours ago, truthteller said:

we need to ban tiktok once and for all. it keeps ruining everything :rip: 

The bigger issue overall is big tech. Apps no longer have a specialty (Twitter being basically a journal, IG for photos, Facebook for connections)

Instead, they all basically Frankenstein themselves because their ultimate goal is to keep relevant and keep producing huge cash for investors. It's the Silicon curse 

Fun fact: this will destroy their user base and transition IG to older populations 

IG benefits from the people on it wanting to be part of a homogenous group of influencers/microinfluencers who share similar aesthetics, body types, etc. and used to be really good at curating that. Now, people will have to try and basically curate Boomerang-style posts and videos as IG will actively push your non-video content down feeds until it's basically nonexistent 

TikTok algorithm not only being absurdly efficient but also making all the other social networks implode :rip:

But yeah, when TikTok made a separate tab for "friends/people you know" I knew it was game over for IG. They're just ridiculously good at it. 

• ATRL Moderator

They must hate their user base because they do the exact opposite of what everyone wants 

Tiktok is huge now but they too will fade eventually. Honestly watching IG just turn in to a discombobulated mess has been super disappointing. 

I love the tears of Instagram users :lmao: . The dumbest app ever, why would you be entertained by watching what other people are doing on their daily lives? I genuinely believe in the future people will look back at apps like Instagram and cringe 

i barely use Instagram these days but i just checked my feed and there's literally 1 suggested post and an ad for every post from someone i follow. :rip:

Instagram always wants to copy other apps! first snapchat, fb now tik tok! why i'm slowly moving away from that app :jonnycat:

I only use it to check on my faves really.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.