Instagram confirms it wants to be Tiktok, gets dragged in replies

James_Dean

They always ruin everything :deadbanana4:

Update: not him being useless and basically proving they don't really care about the feedback from users

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• James_Dean

• Ricardo1993

• Domination

• Archetype

I dont think any app hates its users like Instagram does. It will follow Facebook into the grave. 

I understand the desperation to ensure they stay relevant, but loading all these features into Instagram from other apps (stories, layouts, a marketplace, reels, notes…) is just bloating the app and making it insufferable. Especially because most of the reels on Instagram are just reposts of TikToks in the first place.

If your platform doesn’t inspire users to create content there, then what’s the purpose of shoving these features in other than to annoy those of us who already use the other apps and forcing us to see the same content in two places???

3 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

I dont think any app hates its users like Instagram does. It will follow Facebook into the grave. 

Truly. I'm glad they're being dragged in the replies :clap3:

I hate that all the social media apps have turned into the same thing.. what is the point 

even YouTube looks like TikTok now on the app

DUMB. I like Tiktok, I don't need ANOTHER Tiktok. I don't even watch videos on Instagram. I am on there for the PHOTOS.

So stupid. But that's fine, another Instagram can easily replace them.

Instagram used to be my favorite social media app but now it's just so... lame. :skull: They're always just trying to copy other apps instead of doing something new.

I hate TikTok, I don’t want IG to become that. Buuuut it’s still better than TikTok, at least I can easily filter to see my friends/favorites and focus more on photos.  There really isn’t any app that does everything as well as IG, idk.

I hate TikTok, I don’t want IG to become that. Buuuut it’s still better than TikTok, at least I can easily filter to see my friends/favorites and focus more on photos.  There really isn’t any app that does everything as well as IG, idk.

I'm not surprised with the way they've been pushing reels lately. I hate it. Literally everything on there is from tiktok 2 months earlier.

I mean so is YouTube basically 

if anything they’re smart to do this because they’re just washing out TikTok and they will continue to keep their interface, while videos is all Tik Tok has.

From a purely business perspective it does make sense. Influencers have all fled to TikTok for their endorsements, etc. That peaked on Instagram around 2017-18.

The app is horrible now though. I literally only am still it because it's the only way to stay connected to some of my college friends who don't use the other apps, I barely spend any time on it. The meme pages are all just things that were on Twitter a few weeks ago.

Edited by Beyonnaise

1 hour ago, James_Dean said:

All of this :rip:

It's so annoying, I chose the "don't show me recommended posts for 30 days" option or w/e and now they just show them to me anyway with no option to hide them again. If I wanted recommended posts I'd go to the Explore page.

I'm sure FB is still hoping TikTok will get banned in the US as it has been in other countries. Then younger people will flock back to IG

Yikes

Instagram is going to be dead soon. It is my least favorite to use, but it is the one I use to follow people I just meet.

He said I can mute recommendations for a month? HOW. I literally don't even watch stories anymore. I go through my following feed and that's it, but they are only "chronological" when Instagram decides they can show up on my feed lol.

Why are they announcing this with a random dude on a vertical video looking like a youtube apology video? :psyduck:

Who is running this company? Aren't they part of facebook?

• ATRL Moderator

There is no social media for just photos to share publicly other than IG, I don't know why they are dead set to change it away from that.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.