Are you Getting The Monkeypox Vaccine?

Sergi91

Are You Getting the Monkeypox Vaccine?   

68 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Getting the Monkeypox Vaccine?

• I already did
    • I will when it becomes available near me
    • Not sure
    • No

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yonsé

• CrimsonX

• phreshprince

• Sergi91

Top Posters In This Topic

E5Pk3sUWEAMoWmz.png

I believed it once but I won’t fall for it twice I’m sorry.. and you should stop post about this because that’s what they want.. continue to give attention to this and you’ll be getting a “pandemic” every year. Good luck!

I’m in a monogamous relationship and don’t talk to people unless I’m at work (where I’m required to wear a mask) so no 

16165033e7b35be038559dbca0b7b4d774072e44

no.  I have a bf and don't engage in risky behavior.  But if i was single and on the apps I probably would cuz that **** looks gross.

1 hour ago, ElectricFrancis said:

I didn't even know there was a vaccine :rip: that was fast. 

its literally the OLDEST vaccine in existence.

I’m tired of putting vaccines in my body. Is there any other choices?

Is this the latest craze? No thanks. I swear these things only exist on social media.

You privileged fucks better get that vaccine and stop complaining about it:rip: Monkeypox is not joke.

2 hours ago, Pop Art said:

My boyfriend and I are lowkey kinda nervous about catching it at the Chromatica Ball since we'll be in the pit where skin-to-skin contact is inevitable, but as I understand it, it's not easy to get the vaccine (in the US)? :dancehall:

girl me too. but my show is this saturday. at least u have time. 

I really want to be able to get it as soon as possible, but my country does not have them... I spoke about it with the site where I get tested and they said that they basically aren't any in the whole country unless if you have the virus. It's a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm not a messy oversexualized f** so no.

16165033e7b35be038559dbca0b7b4d774072e44 

I will be getting it when it is available near me. I think it is important to be as proactive as possible when it comes to our health and the health of those around us, especially when there is a new and potentially deadly disease like this one (that is currently hindering our community :monkey:)

4 hours ago, phreshprince said:

I'm not gay and it's in 95% of gay sex. I'm not getting it. 

First off, that’s not even true. 

Second off, even if it was, what about that other 5%? That could be you. Monkeypox can be gotten from physical contact from anyone of any kind, even just a handshake or pat on the back or accidentally touching someone in public. Monkeypox is also an airborne respiratory illness; if you are in the same space as someone who’s been infected, you can get it from particles in the air. 

There is no such thing as an illness that effects only the gay community. “It’s a gay disease, I don’t need to protect myself” is exactly what got thousands of heterosexual people killed from AIDS back in the 80s. 

Ignorance is a choice, choose to educate yourself. 

2 hours ago, Edi_Shak said:

I believed it once but I won’t fall for it twice I’m sorry.. and you should stop post about this because that’s what they want.. continue to give attention to this and you’ll be getting a “pandemic” every year. Good luck!

The MAGA energy of this. 

It isn’t fear mongering to alert the public of a serious illness spreading around the globe. This is not something specific to the time of COVID, pretty much every year for decades there has been a major illness or two that comes to the attention of the WHO and they put information out about it so the public can remain vigilant. 

Bird flu, swine flu, smallpox, COVID-19, sara, and more are all illnesses that have been subject to this and all but COVId-19 didn’t grow to kill millions. Why? Because the WHO brought attention to them and there were enough intelligent people in the world that made slight adjustments to their lives to combat it and go get vaccinated when it was available. 

Smallpox wasn’t  eradicated because people stoked conspiracy theories, it was eradicated because people listened and cared enough about themselves and others to protect themselves with a vaccine.

1 hour ago, Power love said:

I’m tired of putting vaccines in my body. Is there any other choices?

The chances are though that you’ve already a vaccine that is almost identical to the one for Monkeypox. The Monkeypox vaccine is a slight alteration to the smallpox vaccine, the first vaccine ever. It was created for smallpox in the 1700s and went on to eradicate smallpox entirely. 

Most people have the smallpox vaccine when they’re babies as part of our annual vaccinations. Why fear a vaccine that’s almost identical to one you’ve already taken and been just fine with? 

2 hours ago, bad guy said:

I have the smallpox vaccine as a child which works well enough so no

That sh*t is only good for like 3 years so unless u a lil toddler in which case I’m gonna need to talk to ur mama or else u def have little to no immunity now which means u should get one if u qualify xo

2 hours ago, CrimsonX said:

Is this the latest craze? No thanks. I swear these things only exist on social media.

Can ya'll believe this post? :toofunny3:

4 minutes ago, MP2K said:

Get a life. Get off social media, weirdo. Have fun with your “vAccIneS”. I haven’t had any by the way.:)

1 hour ago, Mr. Mendes said:

First off, that’s not even true. 

Second off, even if it was, what about that other 5%? That could be you. Monkeypox can be gotten from physical contact from anyone of any kind, even just a handshake or pat on the back or accidentally touching someone in public. Monkeypox is also an airborne respiratory illness; if you are in the same space as someone who’s been infected, you can get it from particles in the air. 

There is no such thing as an illness that effects only the gay community. “It’s a gay disease, I don’t need to protect myself” is exactly what got thousands of heterosexual people killed from AIDS back in the 80s. 

Ignorance is a choice, choose to educate yourself. 

At this point there’s really very little that we know about how this specific clade of virus is actually spreading outside of Africa. And there is much debate on the specific routes of transmission for this outbreak, but experts generally agree that just brushing up against or being in the vicinity of an infected individual probably carries little to no risk. Prolonged skin-to-skin or face-to-face contact is thought to be the main route of transmission at this point. However this could change as we learn more about this outbreak.

6 minutes ago, MP2K said:

You’re just a little blind follower with fomo. 

7 minutes ago, MP2K said:

Go listen to Taylor swift and go get your shot ugly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.