Elton John & Britney Spears - "Hold Me Closer"

nathanspears

21 minutes ago, Pop pop123 said:

Hope you’re prepared for next week updates. Radio deal lasts a week. It’s pretty common knowledge. If it’s a hit, it should not drop at all next week or very small non existent drops. Big hits don’t even drop after the deal.

sis, radio deals are for only one day. that's a fact. if you follow charts you would know that.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

20 minutes ago, Pop pop123 said:

Hope you’re prepared for next week updates. Radio deal lasts a week. It’s pretty common knowledge. If it’s a hit, it should not drop at all next week or very small non existent drops. Big hits don’t even drop after the deal.

Then it would make 1000+ spins like it did on the first day. When it drops next week it is because of the rolling effect which will definitely affect it. Especially the first day.

1 hour ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Ok, I did not know that. Well, I hope Elton's label will pay for it :dies:

Did they do it for Cold Heart ? And if yes at what point ?

Yes, they did it for months. They’re going to wait until Hold Me Closer has more radio support because the Hot 100 is now airplay driven again. 

I don’t think Elton’s label was aiming for a #1 debut or they would have had physical singles and a video ready to go. For example, when Cold Heart had a shot at #1 in the U.K., Elton’s label put out physical singles.

26 minutes ago, Pop pop123 said:

Everyone knows that radio deals are only for one day and they’ve known that since 2011 :skull: 

How well do Britney’s songs usually do on radio lately? Is Hold Me Closer doing any better or less? 

It's doing great. Sales will definitely be its strength. Hope for the top 20.

They should add it to TTH and release a lyric video!

Well let's hope for a top 20 debut now because those drops were kinda big :rip:

US:

#19(-12) 540,831

25 minutes ago, Green said:

Well let's hope for a top 20 debut now because those drops were kinda big :rip:

US:

#19(-12) 540,831

:chick1:

Britney should reactive her ig and promote HMC tbh. Yeah, she can do what she wants, but she said she cares, so it be good for her to do some promo :gaycatina1:

29 minutes ago, Pop pop123 said:

Official radio deals last “one day” but it actually lasts one week. We’ve known this since the deal existed. The money is for the first day of play for all clear channel stations. 

But the song will be added to their playlist and keep on high rotation for the week. It’s every deal existed. You’re not going to see a radio deal song do 1000 spins first day then drop to 10 spins the next day.

But y’all can keep clinging to your misinformation. Whatever makes y’all feel better about the song performance :'(.

I don't know if you're realizing it or not but 85% of this website stated that Britney Spears had zero chance to chart in 2022, yet the song is predicted to debut pretty high on the Hot 100.

No one is trying to feel better about its performance in here. We're just happy Britney decided to release something. If it does well then it's a bonus Right now you are the only person being negative and complaining. There's a thread about the song "freefalling" in the Base, where other OBH are having fun together, maybe you can join them and leave this one ? 

Debuts on several Billboard radio charts:

Adult Contemporary: #14
Adult Pop Airplay: #24
Pop Airplay: #30

I was ready for an Ugly Sunday Spotify update... It better recover today :gaycatney3:

The song still #1 at Global iTunes 4th day at #1 / #3 Global Apple Music :clap3:

The amout of records we could break with this song.... so you better keep streaming hard! I still want #1 UK & Top 10 at the USA

4 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

Official radio deals last “one day” but it actually lasts one week. We’ve known this since the deal existed. The money is for the first day of play for all clear channel stations. 

But the song will be added to their playlist and keep on high rotation for the week. It’s every deal existed. You’re not going to see a radio deal song do 1000 spins first day then drop to 10 spins the next day.

But y’all can keep clinging to your misinformation. Whatever makes y’all feel better about the song performance :'(.

This is not how radio works at all.

- A radio deal only lasts 24 hours.

- Radio charts are building. That means you see plays from the last 7 days at all times.

- The first week of radio has the best updates because you’re comparing them to a previous week where there were no spins. For example, day two will show something like +200 spins and +2M audience. But on day 9, you can get 209 spins and 2.09M audience but that’ll only show as +9 spins and +0.09M audience because the chart is building.

- For this very reason, the second week faces a rolling effect. Most songs don’t take off on radio until week 3 and when they have to go up against a radio deal (day 8), you see either super small increases or negative updates prematurely.

- Songs are sent for adds to be put on a station’s formulary. This does not guarantee any airtime at all.

- Radio stations don’t have playlists. They put you in rotation, sis. A radio deal guarantees power rotation from a handful of stations for 24 hours.

How are you going to try and drag a chart performance when you don’t even understand the charts?

I saw someone say the formula for the Hot 100 is 1.98 X Airplay + 7.28 X Streams + 1.33 X Downloads.

6.8k sales first day is 9.044 points.

2.1M streams first day is 15.288 points.

14.835M audience impressions (three days) is 29.373 points.

The #1 is around 250 points usually.

11 minutes ago, Eternium said:

This is not how radio works at all.

- A radio deal only lasts 24 hours.

- Radio charts are building. That means you see plays from the last 7 days at all times.

- The first week of radio has the best updates because you’re comparing them to a previous week where there were no spins. For example, day two will show something like +200 spins and +2M audience. But on day 9, you can get 209 spins and 2.09M audience but that’ll only show as +9 spins and +0.09M audience because the chart is building.

- For this very reason, the second week faces a rolling effect. Most songs don’t take off on radio until week 3 and when they have to go up against a radio deal (day 8), you see either super small increases or negative updates prematurely.

- Songs are sent for adds to be put on a station’s formulary. This does not guarantee any airtime at all.

- Radio stations don’t have playlists. They put you in rotation, sis. A radio deal guarantees power rotation from a handful of stations for 24 hours.

How are you going to try and drag a chart performance when you don’t even understand the charts?

tumblr_o7cyvpQoBf1rwuk64o1_500.gif

Also, Hold me Closer officially debuts at #31 on Top 40 update! Becomes her 38th Top 40 pop radio hit

Edited by slw84

5 hours ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

I don't know if you're realizing it or not but 85% of this website stated that Britney Spears had zero chance to chart in 2022, yet the song is predicted to debut pretty high on the Hot 100.

No one is trying to feel better about its performance in here. We're just happy Britney decided to release something. If it does well then it's a bonus Right now you are the only person being negative and complaining. There's a thread about the song "freefalling" in the Base, where other OBH are having fun together, maybe you can join them and leave this one ? 

I don't that's true. A lot of folks said she would never have another Hot 100 #1, but I don't think many people thought that Britney's comeback single wouldn't chart at all.

Oh girl they need to release a demo and instrumental or something. The least we can do is crack the top 10. 

To be honest, if they do have extra things up their sleeve I would rather they just wait. Long burner >>>>>> quick hit

Let's not have another Hold It Against Me that although went #1, it did nothing and I've learned today that even the Criminal MV has overtaken it on Youtube.

We seem to have an extended edition coming, some kind of "surprise" and I'm sure there will be remixes over the next month. I'm happy for this to be dragged out

1 hour ago, Britneyfan09 said:

Interesting, if we are to believe this then the "surprise" isn't a music video I guess.

That's if of course the "surprise" thing is real :skull:

Elton will be on tour pretty much none stop from September to November so if they want to film something together, they'd have to do it very quickly. I don't see it happening to be honest.

Edited by nathanspears

This has so much replay value. Every time it comes on I am bopping. We really have no choice but to stan!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.