Elton John & Britney Spears - "Hold Me Closer"

nathanspears

While I'm super happy if this ends up going Top 20/30 on the Hot 100. I'll be annoyed for sure if it's kept out of the Top 10 just because of DJ Khaled's album tracks. :chick1:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

18 hours ago, iheartBrit said:

So? Some of the most acclaimed songs of the 21st Century (Dancing On My Own, Runaway, etc.) didn't have big chart peaks. Hold Me Closer is hands down better than Cold Heart, it's more immediate and captures the zeitgeist in a way that Cold Heart didn't. If you're one of those gays who lets the charts dictates their taste, then I don't know what to tell you.

This Britney track Is better but I thought you weee saying cold heart wasn’t a success

3 hours ago, Stunnah said:

why is the demo so much better i have QUESTIONS

Where can I hear it?!

11 minutes ago, Britneyfan09 said:

While I'm super happy if this ends up going Top 20/30 on the Hot 100. I'll be annoyed for sure if it's kept out of the Top 10 just because of DJ Khaled's album tracks. :chick1:

I doubt most of those songs would be above HMC. They’re doing well streaming, but HMC has airplay + way more pure sales. 

10 minutes ago, Britneyfan09 said:

DJ Khaled album wont block Hold Me Closer, the song is doing better on iTunes, Spotify & radio.... I don't know if there are any single that DJ khaled is pushing that could be the only song that could compete against Britney is like the Rod Wave album last week it was all over the Top 20 at Apple Music but at the end i think he only debut 1 song at the Top 20 Hot 100

Saw these banners all over London. I've lived here for 8 years and never saw one for a Britney release

4 hours ago, Terylee said:

3.5M+ unfiltered streams

:eek:

24 minutes ago, Britneyfan09 said:

The Khaled songs are basically only doing well on AM, HMC is doing well on every platform. 

15 minutes ago, BradySpears said:

I doubt most of those songs would be above HMC. They’re doing well streaming, but HMC has airplay + way more pure sales. 

14 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

DJ Khaled album wont block Hold Me Closer, the song is doing better on iTunes, Spotify & radio.... I don't know if there are any single that DJ khaled is pushing that could be the only song that could compete against Britney is like the Rod Wave album last week it was all over the Top 20 at Apple Music but at the end i think he only debut 1 song at the Top 20 Hot 100

That's good to hear. Sucks that Billboard weighed down sales in their formula just last week. Do you guys think a Top 10 debut is possible if its stable for the week? 

8 minutes ago, Britneyfan09 said:

That's good to hear. Sucks that Billboard weighed down sales in their formula just last week. Do you guys think a Top 10 debut is possible if its stable for the week? 

Yes Top 10 debut is possible :party:  We better keep streaming & supporting all week

People are so dumb :rip: I just saw somebody on Twitter say sales are worth 25% of points but streams are 40% so we should focus on streams. NOOOO. Sales are our best chance. No matter how much you stream it literally won’t be as good as one actual sale :rip: Streaming numbers are too big we do not have the power to affect them, either the GP will like it or they won’t, but sales are much easier to make an impact on

I like this, but Elton couldn't have called up PNAU again? They were the key to making Cold Heart listenable.

2 hours ago, AMIT said:

So I finally heard it and yeah it is cute, mostly because of the production, but I have to say the vocal mixing/production is just :deadbanana4:

I hope they fix that on the ''extended'' version or whatever because the way it is right now makes me not want to play it. :chick3:

Yeah on amazon music the version they uploaded is literally horrible. The vocal mixing is almost scary. 

12 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

People are so dumb :rip: I just saw somebody on Twitter say sales are worth 25% of points but streams are 40% so we should focus on streams. NOOOO. Sales are our best chance. No matter how much you stream it literally won’t be as good as one actual sale :rip: Streaming numbers are too big we do not have the power to affect them, either the GP will like it or they won’t, but sales are much easier to make an impact on

buy on iTunes, buy on Amazon, and then stream the hell out of it on Apple Music or Spotify

This bops, that piano bit:gaycatina1:

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

buy on iTunes, buy on Amazon, and then stream the hell out of it on Apple Music or Spotify

16 minutes ago, its_britney_bitch said:

Yeah, I've seen people talk about streaming counting more, when sales is really what could push it. Buy!!!

Spoiler

Then stream :eddie:

18 minutes ago, Shaner69 said:

Yeah on amazon music the version they uploaded is literally horrible. The vocal mixing is almost scary. 

I have an AM sub, but now I remember someone here saying that without Dolby Atmos it kinda sounds better? Lemme try turning it off the next time I play it. :dancehall2:

If this goes top 10 it’ll be her first time in the top 10 in a decade… we need to stream for our lives girlies.

Edited by HeavyMetalAura

It should really be noted that some people don't seem to realize what 'layering' is. If you pulled Britney and Elton's vocals apart (and even the few Elton solo parts), they are simply produced but neither are overprocessed or auto-tuned. People seem to think that just bc Britney and Eltons vocals on top of each other create some type of 'production' effect that both vocals are overprocessed or something.

Elton's vocals are no different than his few solo lines (which aren't really much more than produced/polished), and Britney's verses sound the same as they did, aside from again some polishing, as the demo. 

Some people really need Merriam Webster for this ****

ok I'm BOPPING :WAP: the production is KNOCKING :jonnycat:

Also love her adlibs on this :smitten: 

Elton's delivery of the line "When sex and love no longer gel" is doing something to me too :skull:

I hope we are really getting an extended version because I'm low key obsessed now. :loki:

41 minutes ago, BreakinTheIce said:

It should really be noted that some people don't seem to realize what 'layering' is. If you pulled Britney and Elton's vocals apart (and even the few Elton solo parts), they are simply produced but neither are overprocessed or auto-tuned. People seem to think that just bc Britney and Eltons vocals on top of each other create some type of 'production' effect that both vocals are overprocessed or something.

Elton's vocals are no different than his few solo lines (which aren't really much more than produced/polished), and Britney's verses sound the same as they did, aside from again some polishing, as the demo. 

Some people really need Merriam Webster for this ****

This, I have both versions on my phone and Britney's parts just sound less shacky due pairing them with Elton.

I can still hear more Britney than Elton, idk what people are on about, it's crazy to me as I'd think it sounds more like a Britney song since she's singing most of it

I wonder when/if they’re going to release any CD bundles. I was just looking at Cold Heart and it looks like it received a physical single release. 

They released 'Cold Heart' signed singles from Dua & Elton, separately. I don't know if it was in the UK only, but it'd be great if they did the same for this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.