Elton John & Britney Spears - "Hold Me Closer"

nathanspears

7 hours ago, Protocol said:

This is probably her best single since "Till the World Ends". Granted, the bar is in hell, but still.

6 hours ago, AMIT said:

TTWE is the worst FF single. :rip:

I know y'all love to let the GP lead y'alls taste, but please snap out of it already. :rip:

WTF :bibliahh:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

6 hours ago, AMIT said:

TTWE is the worst FF single. :rip:

I know y'all love to let the GP lead y'alls taste, but please snap out of it already. :rip:

Lol TTWE is the best FF single  ..stop trolling..

UK Radio better give this the rotation it deserves. I want A List on Radio 1 and 2, or I'll riot. 

Not people saying this is her best since TTWE when that’s one of her worst 2010’s singles :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, djcalpal said:

UK Radio better give this the rotation it deserves. I want A List on Radio 1 and 2, or I'll riot. 

THIS!

I haven't heard the full leak, only snippets, but I'm liking it more & more.

Looking forward to hearing the final version on Friday. :katie2:

On 8/19/2022 at 3:47 PM, Buddy said:

fml6ZNS.png

again...who are they???

the way she keeps posting that awful fanmade single cover

like where did her taste go? :jonny6:

anyway the song is a bop!

Didn't like it at first (maily because of the vocal edit). Played it at the beach today and my friends loved ir, one of them even asked me the name to put it on the instagram stories. This could be a hit actually :WAP: excited

Edited by LetGo

57 minutes ago, LetGo said:

Didn't like it at first (maily because of the vocal edit). Played it at the beach today and my friends loved ir, one of them even asked me the name to put it on the instagram stories. This could be a hit actually :WAP: excited

How do you play a song that is not out yet ? :eli:

This song will def be a hit. It's feel good dreamy pop. They are hitting major age demographics with the two of them on this track. 

I can't wait to hear it on the radio and excited to already hear the remixes to it. 

11 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Not people saying this is her best since TTWE when that’s one of her worst 2010’s singles :deadbanana2:

Agreed. A dated, but catchy Dr Luke mess and Britney genuinely looks uncomfortable in the video, it’s hard to not see it, she doesn’t want to be there and doesn’t seem to even like the song.  

Didn’t Dr Luke did come in and scrap a lot of the album she had done in 2010 and reworked it into Femme Fatale? I think that was a mistake because the parts he added to the album aged pretty quickly. I always preferred the bonus tracks. 

This new song is better than TTWE, not saying it’ll have the same success though.

People saying TTWE was her last great single when Slumber Party exists.

9 minutes ago, jomarr said:

People saying TTWE was her last great single when Slumber Party exists.

Shocked tbh.

Users saying TTWE was the best FF single :ahh: no wonder some of yall think the leaked demo is a Smash :toofunny3:

30 minutes ago, Slap said:

Didn’t Dr Luke did come in and scrap a lot of the album she had done in 2010 and reworked it into Femme Fatale? 

This is heavily rumored, yes. Britney was doing a ton of promotion (for her standards anyway) in early/mid 2010 and a lot of us thought the album was gonna come in third quarter 2010. We knew she was working with producers like Darkchild and Scott Storch. Then the “shhh, it’s a secret” campaign started and we were sure of it, but after that there was a complete radio silence until late December when HIAM was announced. 

I actually really liked TTWE when it came out. Britney had never really done anything like it in her career. But it’s been overplayed to death and now I can barely stomach it. I still remember that interview Dr. Luke did where he said something along the lines of Britney being a good “vehicle” for him to release his music through, and that pretty much turned me off of the music he did for Britney. I can enjoy it for what it is, but a lot of it was clearly forced on her. 

I don’t think any of us are expecting HMC to smash. If it does, great, but most of us are just happy Britney is releasing new music in some capacity again. 

TTWE slaps in a very 2011 dated way, but it never felt like a Britney song to me. All of Britney's other big hits are so uniquely her, TTWE is so clearly a Dr. Luke Kesha cast-off.

Edited by PoisonPill

3 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

TTWE is so clearly a Dr. Luke Kesha cast-off.

I've always thought this! At that time it was just soooo Kesha, when the remix came out with Kesha and Nicki it was just like ohhh of course.

Anyway it is cute, but "I Wanna Go" was more fun on FF. 

----

Come through tiny dancer.

19 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

TTWE slaps in a very 2011 dated way, but it never felt like a Britney song to me. All of Britney's other big hits are so uniquely her, TTWE is so clearly a Dr. Luke Kesha cast-off.

Kesha wrote the song. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.