Elton John & Britney Spears - "Hold Me Closer"

nathanspears

I'm sobbing. The fact we're hearing her voice again, in 2022, as a free woman, in what is probably the first decision she made that wasn't forced by anyone else, working with another legend. It's simply TOO MUCH to handle for me right now.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

Its mid to cute after a few listens.

Some of the vocal mixing is odd.  The gp will prob eat this up. 

4 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

sad

was kinda expecting it to be released on uks midnight

nnn I was gonna say why would this be released UK time, I forgot Elton is british

:jonny4:

A smash.

I did not expect this AT ALL! It sounds like the perfect, carefree end of summer song. Im predicting a ww mega hit. 

it's really catchy

Now we have to wait another week for it to be officially out and the release is ruined because someone couldn't wait until next Friday..

It's definitely the most gp-friendly and radio-friendly song Britney made since Scream & Shout.

And it has something that IMO could be used as a starting point for a possible B10, if and whenever she feels like releasing it. A full album of nostalgic disco bops.

It sounds like a SMASH to me :gaygacat5:

2 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

It's definitely the most gp-friendly and radio-friendly song Britney made since Scream & Shout.

And it has something that IMO could be used as a starting point for a possible B10, if and whenever she feels like releasing it. A full album of nostalgic disco bops.

yesss 

elton really is on to a winning format here. She should rework one of her own songs

This is a *******

BOP

BOP 

BOP

:jonny5:

only listened ONCE and I’m already singing “hold me closahhh tiny dancahhhh” :redface::redface:

I NEED OFFICIAL STREAM 

The editing of both vocals is weird .. but sounds good

It’s clearly not coming tonight since it isn’t out anywhere internationally or the UK. Unless they’re doing a tomorrow afternoon style drop

1 minute ago, KeirGrey said:

yesss 

elton really is on to a winning format here. She should rework one of her own songs

Totally agree, it's such a genius and smart move for him. And I like that, compared to Cold Heart, he took a few more risks here and he completely gave the track to Britney and the producers singing only a couple of lines by himself.

13 minutes ago, TrueBlood said:

I'm sobbing. The fact we're hearing her voice again, in 2022, as a free woman, in what is probably the first decision she made that wasn't forced by anyone else, working with another legend. It's simply TOO MUCH to handle for me right now.

I know. It gave me such nostalgia and goosebumps. She sounds like she did on "Sometimes" and basically the baby one more time album. Especially towards the end of the song. 

I just know the HQ version will go off harder. Such a beautiful nostalgic release that i can't believe i was against when i heard the news. So emotional rn .  

I'm not going to listen but can't they just push it up a week. 

I wonder if it matters if the song leaks that early anymore. Back in the digital era it reduced sales but does that have an impact in the streaming era. People who want to listen to it on streaming services will listen to it...hmm.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611bec32b2233ea696543

the mmh baby at the start hit me right :cries:

Ok I didn’t wanna comment at my first listen cuz some songs take a bit for me to finally get into and this was the same. 

first listen was like hmmmm ok… cute but hmm idk…

second, third, fourth, fifth and then on a speaker…. And then it hit. Listening to it loud af made it click For me and love it. :jonny6:

def Not perfect but it’s a cute song to get her back in the business. Idk if the us would give it a chance But I think Europe will. 

Just now, slw84 said:

I'm not going to listen but can't they just push it up a week. 

I wonder if it matters if the song leaks that early anymore. Back in the digital era it reduced sales but does that have an impact in the streaming era. People who want to listen to it on streaming services will listen to it...hmm.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611bec32b2233ea696543

Why do you think it's out tomorrow? i dont think it would have leaked in full if it wasnt out at midnight 

Transcribed the lyrics really quick. I don't think they've been posted in here yet.

(Hold me closer)

(Hold me closer) Oh, baby

(Hold me closer)

(Hold me closer)

Saw you dancing at the ocean

Running fast along the sand

A spirit born of earth and water

And baby, fire flying from your hands (Oh)

Hold me closer, tiny dancer (Ooh-ooh)

Count the headlights on the highway

Lay me down in sheets of linen (Ohh-ooh)

You had a busy day today (Whoa-oh)

(Hold me closer)

(Hold me closer) Hold me closer

(Hold me closer)

(Hold me closer)

There are caravans we follow

Drunken nights in dark hotels, baby (Yeah)

When chances breathe between the silence

When sex and love no longer gel (Oh)

Hold me closer, tiny dancer (Ooh-ooh)

Count the headlights on the highway, baby

Lay me down in sheets of linen (Ooh-ooh)

You had a busy day today

(Hold me closer)

(Hold me closer) Baby, baby

(Hold me closer)

(Hold me closer) Oh, yeah

(Hold me closer)

(Hold me closer) Hold me closer, me closer, me closer, mm-yeah

(Hold me closer)

(Hold me closer)

1 minute ago, TrueBlood said:

Totally agree, it's such a genius and smart move for him. And I like that, compared to Cold Heart, he took a few more risks here and he completely gave the track to Britney and the producers singing only a couple of lines by himself.

Agreed too, much riskier. :cries2:

Urgh the song just hits me. 

HOLD ME CLOSER TINY DANCEEHR

TrueBlood

COUNT THE HEADLIGHTS ON THE HIIIIIIIIGHWAAAAAAAY

TrueBlood

LAY ME DOWN IN SHEETS OF LINEEEN

TrueBlood

YOU HAD A BUSY DAY TODAAAAAAAAAAAAY WOOOOO

TrueBlood

HOLD ME CLOSAAA

TrueBlood

HOLD ME CLOSAAAAAA

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.