Elton John & Britney Spears - "Hold Me Closer"

nathanspears

10 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Care to explain the link between my previous comment and "I'll see this thread with your jobs and everything" ? :gaycat6:

If you care that much about the commercial success of 'Hold Me Closer' why won't you do something to help it instead of entering this thread and randomly attacking the fans ? The fans are happy to get a song and are satisfied about the song's "success" so far.

what i'm talking about is, this thread will be full of britney fans theorizing what went wrong and what could've been done to prevent the song from growing. just a few pages ago, @eternium posted twice about buying the song from elton's website and not one person acknowledged it.

what attack are you talking about? what exactly offended you? :skull: 

Edited by 40000000000000

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

song is doing amazing considering britney is just the back vocal. 

9 minutes ago, BGood2Me said:
  Reveal hidden contents

britney-waiting.gif

BB cmon! 

It'll be tomorrow, it's a national holiday today

24 minutes ago, 40000000000000 said:

what i'm talking about is, this thread will be full of britney fans theorizing what went wrong and what could've been done to prevent the song from growing. just a few pages ago, @eternium posted twice about buying the song from elton's website and not one person acknowledged it.

I am not offended. I have never paid attention to charts before and thought the song would debut around 30-40 because of how long Britney has left the industry but you were attacking fans by pretending that no one is doing anything, which is a lie. Eventhough the Britney Army from ATRL does not discuss about "strategies" to help the song, there are plenty of fans of Twitter doing it and buying/streaming/requesting, etc, but as I also said... most Britney fans are adults and cannot spznd 24/7 streaming or spending $100 on a song. We all have a life.

And many fans on ATRL have already confirmed they bought it (several of them bought it several times) on Elton's website. So of course we are supporting HMC but we are not 14 years old teenagers riotting as if our lives were depending on a song's success.

44 minutes ago, 40000000000000 said:

Stuff happens on Twitter now. There is a lot being done to support the song tbh.

18 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

It'll be tomorrow, it's a national holiday today

I know. It's one more day to wait xD

1 hour ago, Ghiles said:

Stuff happens on Twitter now. There is a lot being done to support the song tbh.

I set up one of those Twitter pages with a PayPal to raise funds to download HMC, you see Little Mix and BTS stans doing it all the time… nobody responded to me even though I was offering to send anyone the money they needed to download it :rip:

lmao y'all are really doing the most. it had a fantastic update on saturday and sunday. it got #15 to TTH now. killing radio, still #1 on iTunes. it's spotify update was wonky today b/c it's a f**king sunday update and it's a holiday weekend. weird things happen. jesus, the meltdowns over this are so overdramatic when this song is performing so well right now.

Maybe we're so used to her flopping that we low key can't believe that she can still have a hit (even though we want her to)

It wouldn’t be a Britney release without meltdowns! The song is doing incredibly well for a Britney song in 2022 - based on how it’s performing I can see it having some decent longevity. 

6 hours ago, Brishka said:

If it bombs on both the radio and Spotify tomorrow...and then we miss the top 10. We will have the biggest meltdown since the Make Me video mess.  

Rev8

I won't have a meltdown lol

If we can credit Elton and Britney for it doing good we can also blame them for it possibly flopping. :cm:

i miss the time where we just find out the final results of billboard hot 100 on the actual day they release the data.

8 hours ago, sweetkiss said:

song is doing amazing considering britney is just the back vocal. 

I still don’t understand how some people feel like she is just the “back vocal” when the song is basically hers..

perched for the Hot100 update today :duca:

Edited by Monky_2405

44 minutes ago, Monky_2405 said:

I still don’t understand how some people feel like she is just the “back vocal” when the song is basically hers..

perched for the Hot100 update today :duca:

How many more hours before the refresh?

yall this song already got amazing peaks. now it's just about maintaining some longevity. Ultimately if this song can hit like 400M+ before stagnating it will have already done its job and been one of Britney's biggest hits in a long time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.