Elton John & Britney Spears - "Hold Me Closer"

nathanspears

The radio is such a big factor in the BB100 formula that I wouldn't be worried about streaming. If the song reaches peak audience of over 80 million, it would have enough points to remain in the top 10/top 20 for months. 

Edited by Brishka

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

5 minutes ago, Brishka said:

The radio is such a big factor in the BB100 formula that I wouldn't be worried about streaming. If the song reaches peak audience of over 80 million, it would have enough points to remain in the top 10/top 20 for months. 

For once, Billboard's antiquated formula may actually work in our favor :rip:  Though I'm still salty about Kate getting screwed out of #1 because radio had Harry and Lizzo in power rotation for weeks.

It's doing so well on Shazam. This will help with radio and playlisting.

#2 Australia (=)
#2 New Zealand (+1)
#4 Canada (=)
#5 United Kingdom (+2)
#6 Ireland (+1)
#8 Austria (+5)
#9 Denmark (+1)
#11 Sweden (+1)
#11 United States (+6)
#14 Worldwide (+8)
#15 Belgium (+7)
#21 Norway (+6)
#22 Netherlands (+2)
#24 Argentina (+25)
#26 Finland (+4)
#28 Germany (+2)
#30 Singapore (+4)
#31 Switzerland (+5)
#35 Israel (+3)
#41 Italy (+15)
#46 Uruguay (+31)
#53 Chile (+11)
#65 Poland (+17)
#71 Mexico (+29)
#76 South Africa (+22)
#86 Spain (+47)
#87 Portugal (+19)
#91 Brazil (+30)
#103 France (+15)
#124 Croatia (+38)
#152 Bulgaria (NE)
#196 Colombia (NE)

The fact that it has strong support on AC and Hot AC makes me hopeful that HMC will have legs. These formats didn't touch Make Me/PG/Work *****. They received huge updates on pop during the first week only to stall shortly after the rolling effect. Smash & Slay was killing it on pop and rhythmic (it is Britney's second biggest radio hit ever).     

I definitely think sales will pull it up. The Army is coming through on sales. But I rather keep my expectations low and be pleasantly surprised than the other way around. I'm still expecting #12 and that's great.

Also, that Britney Stan twitter has been wrong about a a lot of things. 

Keep streaming, buying and requesting!

Edited by brazil

Just bought four copies on Elton’s website using my debit card and main email. Gonna wait a few hours and purchase four more using my credit card and alternate email. Hoping it counts as eight copies total :dancehall:

I wish Elton had the kind of fans who could help us with streaming and mass buying. It feels like the Army is putting in most of the hard work.

Edited by BraveNewSeth

1 minute ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Just bought four copies on Elton’s website using my debit card and main email. Gonna wait a few hours and purchase four more using my credit card and alternate email. Hoping it counts as eight copies total :dancehall:

:clap3:

2 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I wish Elton had the kind of fans who could help us with streaming and mass buying. It feels like the Army is putting in most of the hard work.

Elton's fans can't barely use the internet sis :deadbanana4:

Maybe if there were physical copies :coffee:

3 hours ago, nathanspears said:

Why is it flopping so bad on streaming in the US :deadbanana4:

Come on US army!!!

it's literally still top 40 on US spotify after nearly a week with no TTH. wouldn't call that "flopping" 

7 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

I have a feeling he won't let this freefall in its second week. Come through Daddy! :duca:

1 hour ago, PoisonPill said:

Someone explain to me how Cold Heart still has TTH placement but this doesn't :biblionny:

Cold Heart got added in its 2nd week. We’re hoping for the same for HMC. Hopefully we get some music video info next week, too.

12 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Just buy one at a time with one credit card and email. They won’t count your 4 sales, sis. It’s better to just get the one guaranteed sale.

That #6 prediction sounds crazy

#10 sounds more realistic if sales are better than expected.

Last hours to make Hold Me Closer reach #1 at the UK & Top 10 at the US!!!

we can dooo it! We have a global Hit in Out hands 

Britney and Elton have been emailing and sent Elton and his husband a gift yesterday!

Edited by nathanspears

1 hour ago, PoisonPill said:

Someone explain to me how Cold Heart still has TTH placement but this doesn't :biblionny:

It’s a hit :giraffe:

34 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

Last hours to make Hold Me Closer reach #1 at the UK & Top 10 at the US!!!

we can dooo it! We have a global Hit in Out hands 

Wait is there a chance for a UK #1???

Just now, Green said:

Very very small, I'm not convinced. I think #3 is on lock.

2 minutes ago, Green said:

It was #3 yesteday like less than 3k away from #1 …. But I trust Elton ? 

2 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

It’ll probably rise. I don’t think Elton’s team was expecting this response in the first week, especially with how Cold Heart didn’t take off until the second week. Otherwise we would have physicals ready to boost the first week.

33 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Yeah #3 sounds more realistic (and that's better than I expected)

11 minutes ago, Green said:

That #6 prediction sounds crazy

#10 sounds more realistic if sales are better than expected.

Points between #6 and #10 are really close so it wouldn't be surprising if it ends up in any position there

I think even #11 is close though :biblionny:

1 minute ago, Eternium said:

It’ll probably rise. I don’t think Elton’s team was expecting this response in the first week, especially with how Cold Heart didn’t take off until the second week. Otherwise we would have physicals ready to boost the first week.

Possibly, what confuses me is that the Official Chart said there are 1200 points between the top 3 but some predictions the other day said it was more like 3k. Not sure what's happened there. 1200 points I can see possible but not 3k, not with the Spotify streaming numbers

Edited by nathanspears

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.