Elton John & Britney Spears - "Hold Me Closer"

nathanspears

30 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Why is it flopping so bad on streaming in the US :deadbanana4:

Come on US army!!!

They need to add it on TTH tomorrow. If not the fall for the second week on the Hot 100 is gonna be tragic.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

I didn't expect this song to even chart within the top 100 on Apple Music US. Did expect Britney and Elton to have a streaming hit in the U.S. out of the gate in 2022? You have to manager your expectations. It is currently doing well on the radio, which is exactly what is needed for it to become a hit.   

33 minutes ago, Green said:

They need to add it on TTH tomorrow. If not the fall for the second week on the Hot 100 is gonna be tragic.

If it keeps posting big updates on the radio next week, it will probably recover in two weeks. If the radio drops it during the second week like Make Me, PG and Work *****, then it doesn't matter if it is at #24 or at #85 on Spotify US since it will not go anywhere without strong radio support.     

Edited by Brishka

Honestly, a top 10 debut already exceeds every kind of expectations one could have had before the song's release.

Hmm, I'm not convinced yet it's going #6... I think very low 10s.

Does anyone know which other radio format it's been added to today? It says 4 (+1) on Kworb?

2 minutes ago, Alexz said:

Where is this #6 coming from?

Certain accounts are claiming the sales are underpredicted especially with the website sales added on

Expecting a top 10 debut is not a good idea if we don't want to be disappointed.

Anything above #15 in the US and #5 in the UK is honestly amazing.

Does every copy from the digital website sales count individually? Or do they combine them into one sale total. So if given 4 does it still equal 1 sale in the end?

1 hour ago, Hurem said:

Apple Music US: #72 (-8)

Winston predicted this to have 12.6M streams by the end of week, but with the freefall on Apple Music and Spotify, I don’t see it doing more than 11.5M. Sales are gonna have to come through :doc: 

youtube doesn't count anymore? i've been out of the loop for too long

1 minute ago, Proseductice said:

Does every copy from the digital website sales count individually? Or do they combine them into one sale total. So if given 4 does it still equal 1 sale in the end?

People have been saying if you use 4 different cards (and I think 4 different emails nn) it counts as 4 sales

7 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

People have been saying if you use 4 different cards (and I think 4 different emails nn) it counts as 4 sales

Thanks! So if you buy once even if it gives you 4 downloads it still counts as only 1 sale? I would buy more if it would count. :dancehall:

10 minutes ago, Proseductice said:

I actually heard that website sales count 4 sales per account

while itunes count only 1 sale per account

(per day(?) for both)

2 minutes ago, Proseductice said:

Thanks! So if you buy once even if it gives you 4 downloads it still counts as only 1 sale? I would buy more if it would count. :dancehall:

Nope, you use 4 different emails, 4 different cards and you get 4 downloads for 4 sales (I THINK)

15 minutes ago, Proseductice said:

no one knows because billboard hasnt clarified officially

3 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Nope, you use 4 different emails, 4 different cards and you get 4 downloads for 4 sales (I THINK)

Oh I did the math wrong, the sale gave me 7 copies to download that's why I was confused why give so many if it only counts as one sale officially. 

1 minute ago, getinthezone said:

no one knows because billboard hasnt clarified officially

Darn, okay. Apparently there's been 707 digital orders on Elton's website, but if all the copies they give you counted it would be way more in sales than some twitter users are estimating I feel. Idk how that works. :chick3:

3 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

PEOPLE FROM UK ?

Asia is always there for Britney, we stan!

the radio updates are insane i never thought i'd see a britney song do this well during my stanning era

Just read that Cold Heart is still charting in the Top 50 after one year :clap3: Incredible honestly, what kind of longevity is that

3 minutes ago, sherloid_bai said:

the radio updates are insane i never thought i'd see a britney song do this well during my stanning era

They are great so far, but Make Me also had stellar updates during its first week. However, on its 12th day, the radio completely dropped it. If HMC keeps posting great updates next Friday, then it's safe to say that we have another S&S on our hands, but I would hold hold my horses for now.      

2 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

Someone explain to me how Cold Heart still has TTH placement but this doesn't :biblionny:

Dua Lipa?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.