• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

Random question: which platform has more reach/users? Spotify or Apple Music? 

2 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Spotify has a lot more users but Apple Music is still pretty popular

4 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Spotify. Apple Music has about half the total users (98M).

The way I'm absolutely addicted to this song :jonny: It's already my 39th most played track of the last year

3 hours ago, °ColdFire° said:

POP:
-- 27 ELTON JOHN & BRITNEY SPEARS Hold Me Closer 2950 0 2950 12.502

+487 Spins
+487 Bullet
+1.575 Audience

HOT AC:
-- 20 ELTON JOHN & BRITNEY SPEARS Hold Me Closer 1262 0 1262 5.488

+268 Spins
+268 Bullet
+0.849 Audience

AC:
-- 13 ELTON JOHN & BRITNEY SPEARS Hold Me Closer 273 0 273 2.003

+52 Spins
+52 Bullet
+0.219 Audience

HOT AC slaying:gaycatney1:

Radio is eating it up :clap3: I hope it eventually reaches the top 10 on overall radio, it would be her first since 2013

Is this real, hennies? HMC is the longest running #1 song for a female artist in 2022 on iTunes worldwide? Or Sam is mistaken?

https://www.geo.tv/latest/437207-sam-asghari-showers-love-on-britney-spears-as-her-track-becomes-longest-running-song-at-1

Sam Asghari was all love for Britney Spears as he called her “lioness” after her latest duet with Elton John reportedly becomes “longest running song at # 1 in world by female singer.”

Taking to Instagram, the aspiring actor shared a picture of the Toxic hit-maker with “Worldwide iTunes song chart” featuring her song Hold Me Closer on top spot.

Hold Me Closer by Britney Spears and Elton John earns the longest running song at #1 in the world,” it said on top of the picture.

“By a female artist in 2022,” the statement added. “Spending 5 days on top of the iTunes chart.”

Gushing over his wifey’s success, Asghari captioned the post, “This is why I call you lioness

1 hour ago, allforyou said:

The way I'm absolutely addicted to this song :jonny: It's already my 39th most played track of the last year

Radio is eating it up :clap3: I hope it eventually reaches the top 10 on overall radio, it would be her first since 2013

It's too early to make any definitive conclusions about its radio performance. The second week will very telling. Make Me, for instance, died on its 11th day. If it starts posting negative updates next week, you can put a fork in it.   

20 minutes ago, Brishka said:

It's too early to make any definitive conclusions about its radio performance. The second week will very telling. Make Me, for instance, died on its 11th day. If it starts posting negative updates next week, you can put a fork in it.   

Yes but Make Me at this point was out of iTunes top 10 :fan:

8 minutes ago, unclefloprry said:

Yes but Make Me at this point was out of iTunes top 10 :fan:

iTunes was far more relevant back then. The only thing that makes me optimistic about this song's performance is that it is crushing it on Apple Music UK. It is still at #3. I could see it becoming a hit in the UK, Australia and some EU countries, but I'm not sure about the US. We will find out next week. Pretty Girls, Work ***** and Make Me had radio deals, but they started collapsing during their second week. Britney's last radio hit in the U.S. was S&S back in 2012.  

Edited by Brishka

1 minute ago, Brishka said:

iTunes was far more relevant back then. The only thing that makes me optimistic about this song's performance is that it is crushing it on Apple Music UK. It is still #3. I could see it becoming a hit in the UK, but I'm not sure about the US. We will find out next week. Pretty Girls, Work ***** and Make Me had radio deals, but they started collapsing during their second week. Britney's last radio hit in the U.S. was S&S back in 2012.  

the Shazam position are actually really good, it will be a radio hit  

3 hours ago, Hurem said:

Apple Music US: #59 (-7)

USA #29 (-8) 499,708

It needs to stabilize or I can see it miss top 15 :dancehall:

Its gotten 500-550K streams in the US the last 3 days. it is stabilizing...

Girlies, y’all can buy with a vpn on 7digital for the UK if you haven’t yet, I just bought it on 24-bit and i’m bopping!

Come On USA, UK, Ireland & Australia we can doooo it!!!

it’s Britney 1st single as a Free Woman she deserves this to be huge single 

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, Flawfree said:

No, it doesn't. Sales means people putting actual effort to give their hard earned money away for something that they value. It's the highest form of success that a song can achieve. It requires nothing to click play and listen for free. Just like it requires nothing to like a post on Facebook or retweet something on Twitter. That's why the value is zero. But it takes all the effort in the world to convince someone to part with their money which they traded time and labor to earn. That's them saying that they value your music more than their work.

Sales should ALWAYS be the top contender in measuring how big a song is. If it's only fan-driven then it will only last a couple of weeks. The same group people can't afford to keep a song afloat for months. It requires participation from the GP to do that.

That made sense when people were actually using iTunes. Now it's primarily a way for fans to game the system. Ultimately, the point of the chart is to reflect what the most popular music is, even if fans treat as a competition sometimes.

8 minutes ago, supaspaz said:

That made sense when people were actually using iTunes. Now it's primarily a way for fans to game the system. Ultimately, the point of the chart is to reflect what the most popular music is, even if fans treat as a competition sometimes.

Exactly.

giphy.gif

While I would love to take advantage of the old sales rule this week, I respect Billboard's decision to regulate the game and make it as close to fair as possible.

Hoping for a good debut I don't think this will peak in week 1. I think it'll peak in October/November.

tumblr_o7cyvpQoBf1rwuk64o1_500.gif

12 minutes ago, Scummyman said:

It has sold over 100k units in the US as of now. That’s awesome!

Are you sure about this? If it’s that many it should be top 10 

1 hour ago, Brishka said:

Make Me… peaked at #56 on overall radio, it's only been 4 days and Hold Me Closer has already matched that. It's already a bigger hit than Make Me on radio.

Music Week update for UK chart from today (reliable source)

1 Eliza Rose & Interplanetary Criminal - B.O.T.A. (Baddest of Them All) (25,676)
2 LF SYSTEM - Afraid to Feel (25,206)
3 Elton John & Britney Spears - Hold Me Closer (22,295) *
4 OneRepublic - I Ain't Worried (19,392)
5 George Ezra - Green Green Grass (18,912)

Top 5 on lock? Hopefully it holds onto #3 :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.