• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demi Lovato

• Rotunda

• Steve Jobs

• Guthix

JohnWayneHolland

I'm not attracted to obese people but I'm also not attracted to really skinny people or really muscular people, I don't like extremes :giraffe:

If they have a sugar coochie, absolutely :razzle:

It really depends from what ATRL means with obese, since this term has been used inappropriately in here several times.

If we talk about a normal overweight guy, like it could have been Seth Rogen, Chris Pratt (like he was before), Sam Smith, David Harbour (before weight loss), it's absolutely fine to me.

If we talk real obese like people in 'My 600-lb Life' show, then no of course.

It really depends from the person and gravity of the issues, but some extra kilos, a dad body and a bit of belly are totally fine to me.

On 7/25/2022 at 9:12 PM, JohnWayneHolland said:

I'm not attracted to obese people but I'm also not attracted to really skinny people or really muscular people, I don't like extremes :giraffe:

This. I’d also add that I like guys that have some hair but I’m not into guys that are overly hairy either. 

I don't think so, but I would also never use "doesn't fit into my lifestyle" excuse. It's the biggest bullshit ever :toofunny3:

23 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I don't think so, but I would also never use "doesn't fit into my lifestyle" excuse. It's the biggest bullshit ever :toofunny3:

Why ? If you're someone that likes to be active and eat relatively healthy, it's going to clash with someone that's doing the complete opposite ? 

No. I grew up around obese people (I'm a literal twig twink) and it made me realize I never want to be with anyone like that or who approaches those levels. I'm a fan of men who takes care of their health to some degree.

12 minutes ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Why ? If you're someone that likes to be active and eat relatively healthy, it's going to clash with someone that's doing the complete opposite ? 

It's basically a bullshit way to say "I workout only to be attractive to others who workout". All these "I'm going to gym because of my health!" gays are the worst and are not upfront about their shallowness.

No. If he's just a little chubby or out of shape and he's cute or has a dad bod, then yeah I'm fine with it. Obese tho? No.

On 7/25/2022 at 3:28 AM, RunUpDoneUp said:

First of all, you don't know what fatphobic is. Stop using that term. Not dating a fat person is not fatphobic, now if you belief he was deserving of harm or denying him his humanity like an actual fatphobic person then you'd be in that category.

We date who we like, that can be influenced by bigotry but usually you can tell when you are being bigoted upon introspection as far as how you perceive the person you're questioning your lack of attraction towards; are you dehumanizing them? Do they become less than to you? Etc

To answer the thread though, no.

If my partner were to become obese though I'd 100% be the one to help them, as finding someone attractive is hard for me in the first place, so for me to have a relationship with them means i value them greatly. On the other hand, I will leave if they refuse to address it. Either way, I wouldn't be starting a relationship with someone obese.

So you just want someone you can control? If they are with you and end up gaining weight for whatever reason and can't lose it, you would leave them if they can't lose it? You're not really in love then and you just want someone you can control.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:01 PM, Leptine said:

It really depends from what ATRL means with obese, since this term has been used inappropriately in here several times.

If we talk about a normal overweight guy, like it could have been Seth Rogen, Chris Pratt (like he was before), Sam Smith, David Harbour (before weight loss), it's absolutely fine to me.

If we talk real obese like people in 'My 600-lb Life' show, then no of course.

It really depends from the person and gravity of the issues, but some extra kilos, a dad body and a bit of belly are totally fine to me.

This is exactly how I feel.

On 7/28/2022 at 2:29 PM, JustHoran said:

So you just want someone you can control? If they are with you and end up gaining weight for whatever reason and can't lose it, you would leave them if they can't lose it? You're not really in love then and you just want someone you can control.

Control? Wouldn't it be the opposite? I want someone who can control themselves or are interested in controlling themselves if they realize they have failed to do so. I can't be an adult for two people outside of a child potentially.

Love to me is subject to change upon conditions i find acceptable. I don't view love as a limitless thing that leaps over all boundaries. Anything that I find outside my limits to handle isn't something I'm willing to extend love to in-person. At that point you get love from a distance, hence the relationship no longer being romantic.

The current guy I'm seeing is medically obese. You wouldn't be able to tell because he wears clothes that complements his body, but even when I see him naked, I don't care. I like him! That's what counts. And I'm a skinny twink. Now the guys I don't date are the guys who are emotionally unavailable, can't commit to a serious relationship, have some serious mental health issues, and/or guys I just don't see a romantic connection with. Being skinny/fit is not everything.  

Edited by zasderfght

Over weight? Maybe.

Obese? Definitely not.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.