Do you watch Movies & Series more than once?

tili33

I don't, there's so much content out there it would feel like I'm wasting my time... also it makes me fell terrible because I know for sure I watched something and then I watch it again and I barely remember anything... how about you?

Movies? Sure. Shows? Rarely have I ever seen one more than once.

Movies for sure. I have friends that would rather die than watch a movie again as if it’s some kind of plague, and they act so high and nose in the air about it. Then you ask them one simple question about the plot of one they’ve seen years ago and they have no memory of it at all :deadbanana:

As for shows, I rarely rewatch them unless I really love them. I’ve probably rewatched 2 or 3 series total in full. But I do go back and watch some of my favourite episodes of shows when I’m feeling nostalgic for them 

• ATRL Moderator

I do but only seldom. Like I think the only series I've watched more than once is Twin Peaks and some old comedy sit-coms when I was younger and they were on but that's about it.

In terms of film, definitely but again only a select few.

It has to be reallllllllyyyyyyyy good to earn more than two watches, for series and shows. Although if there's a big "event" movie or something similar that I really enjoyed, I will go see it twice. I saw No Way Home twice in theaters, once with friends and once with family!

Yes and the amount of times I have rewatched Desperate Housewives should be considered a mental illness :thing:

There's always an overwhelming amount of new great stuff to watch but somehow I'm always drawn to what feels nostalgic, it's like comfort food.

I revisit my favorite movies regularly. They don’t get less entertaining. Sometimes they get better.

Movies - some of them, series - never.

The only movie i've watched twice in recent memory was Captain America: Winter Soldier :celestial5:

I ALWAYS rewatch my same fave shows over and over. I have a lot of trouble getting into new shows if I'm not immediately interested. Might be an anxiety thing

Rewatching Once Upon A Time right now:biblio: Then there's Glee which I rewatch every few years. Both shows have been incredible important to me when I was a teen, and I forget a lot between rewatches. I tend to rewatch comedy shows a lot, tho Superstore and The Office are the only ones I could watch on loop and still be entertained. Mostly I rewatch when a new season drops e.g. I know I'll have to rewatch Stranger Things when S5 drops in 20 years or sometimes I forget about a show I'm currently watching for months and then have to start again:rip:

Movies I like to rewatch a lot tho  especially musicals, like cmon that's what they're for. Or the entire Star Wars franchise (movies and shows) I rewatch once like every year to get a feel for the current timeline. It's also great for a music fan to rewatch movies or shows with a great score cause you only recognize the themes after rewatching.

15 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

There's always an overwhelming amount of new great stuff to watch but somehow I'm always drawn to what feels nostalgic, it's like comfort food.

Yes. The amount of content out there is so intimidating that I tend to choose the stuff I know.:rip:

NEVER

i hate watching stuff ive seen before again

everytime i try i just pause it halfway and give up

Yes, but mostly nostalgic ones.

For me it's not easy to start a new series or movie. Getting accostumed to new scenarios and characters can be mentally exhausting to the point where it can take me a few days just to finish a pilot episode :rip:.  Rewatching old familiar series every now and then is a way to "recharge the batteries".

I know people that can binge-watch multiple series per week and honestly I don't know how they do that. 

I have really bad memory so I love rewatching shows because it’s like seeing a lot of stuff for the first time. Plus some shows reward rewatches like Black Mirror, How to Get Away With Murder, Umbrella Academy, and Love Death + Robots. Other shows are my comfort shows like The Office, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The Good Place, etc. 

Edited by WeFoundTrouble

Absolutely! I re-watch all my fave movies and shows.

Movies - Halloween, Scream, A Nightmare on Elm Street and so many more I can re-watch all the time.  A lot of horror/scifi movies. But my all time favorite movie to re-watch and I can watch it back to back nonstop all day is Finding Nemo :fish: not sure why but it's my comfort movie and I love it.

Charmed, can't tell you how many times, seasons 1-3 for queen Prue especially. Grey's Anatomy I have re-watched several times, lost count. And so many others. I just re-watched PLL for like the 8th time in preparation for Original Sin  :dies:

I love re-watching, you get to revisit the past when you experienced it airing and also see stuff you missed the first time. I still watch newer shows but not at the volume I re-watch. About to do my yearly The Secret Circle (:'() re-watch soon.

:celestial3:

Movies - absolutely, I collect my favorites on blu ray 

Shows - rarely, desperate housewives and anime like Naruto and One Piece

Ive seen the Harry Potter movies twice and HIMYM too  

Of course. I can’t imagine watching something I love only once. :deadbanana:

Sometimes, but really when I think about, the only movies/shows I rewatch are all ones that were favorites during my teens. Even though there has been movies and shows I’ve loved as an adult, I don’t have the desire to rewatch it. But I always go back to stuff that I was enamored with as a teen. I’m rewatching full metal alchemist brotherhood for like, the 10th time right now :rip:

Only if I really REALLY like the specific movie or show.  

Like I have seen Mean Girls, The Devil Wears Prada, and Titanic multiple times because I really enjoy them.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.