Nicki acknowledges artistic decline? "I don't have to define myself anymore"

cyclone

Nicki has began the rollout of her 5th studio album with a confessional on her AMP radio station. The lead single, "Freaky Girl", releases next month.

What do yall think about Onika's comment? Is she building up hype, or is she simply lowering the bar for herself and the expectations of her fans before her album is released? Would you rather listen to a career defining album or a "silly" and "unserious" one?

Its crazy that she’s all these years in and doesn’t have an acclaimed full body of work yet. 

38 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

Its crazy that she’s all these years in and doesn’t have an acclaimed full body of work yet. 

The pinkprint is quite acclaimed no?

JohnWayneHolland

She wouldn't be able to even if she wanted, so might as well just have fun 

ezgif-3-b3962586ec48.thumb.gif.861165de8

I mean Freaky Chick sounds like a Rupaul’s Drag Race song, so at least she’s helping set expectations :rip:

59 minutes ago, Jay T said:

She just said this… not user @cyclone a barb

I am cyclone the ninja, harajuku, member i BEEN barbie.

17 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

I mean Freaky Chick sounds like a Rupaul’s Drag Race song, so at least she’s helping set expectations :rip:

not a maxi challenge song :deadbanana4:

I don't think u got her point at all

I like this, after Roman Reloaded and the hate she got from doing pop, I feel like she’s been shying away from being silly and having fun. I’m glad she feels comfortable doing her no matter what “hip hop heads” think. Im here for it Onika 

Pink Friday was the stand out of its time in pop whether ATRL wants to admit it or not, so she has that on her belt. She then later served higher quality bars with The Pinkprint, but I don’t think anyone was ever expecting her to innovate or transcend much beyond that as an artist. As long as she can go back to being animated and fun, which is the bulk of her brand, then who cares?

Edited by BGKC

The obvious trolling.

2 hours ago, MotoPapi said:

What are you talking about sis :rip:

1 hour ago, Danny789 said:

I like this, after Roman Reloaded and the hate she got from doing pop, I feel like she’s been shying away from being silly and having fun. I’m glad she feels comfortable doing her no matter what “hip hop heads” think. Im here for it Onika 

Yeah I wanna see her just focus on having fun again and putting out good music. She takes the criticism so personally it’s affected her music esp over the last couple years.

1 hour ago, P.O.P said:

Yes, court documents are doing it for her.

:hoetenks:

Ddd good luck to her! Let's see what her definition is.

5 hours ago, wish said:

You're stanning HARDDDD omg

Thanks for confirming you also stan another female rapper HARDDDD by this logic omg!

Exactly :clap3:

The only thing defining her should be the fact that she got the man, the body, and the money and she’s laughing all the way to the door to have Uber eats for a romantic dinner date with her sex offender husband.

Pitching Mariah Carey GIF

6 hours ago, Phantom said:

Ddd good luck to her! Let's see what her definition is.

Thanks for confirming you also stan another female rapper HARDDDD by this logic omg!

Who said that?

I made one thread about Cardi and y'all are still crying about it. I have to laugh