Olivia Rodrigo to be freed from the shackles of Disney

Luckitty

3 minutes ago, BuzzCharts said:

Out of the old indeed 

the lyrics fit her current situation so much :bibliahh:

"Feels like I'm not where I'm supposed to be
I don't fit in with these familiar faces" :jamming:

The dramatics, as if they forced her to stay as a lead for the four seasons she signed for...

Honestly glad she’s free. The show was an absolute disaster in season 2 and season 3 looks to be much worse from the trailers they’ve released… 

It’s kind of sad too because the first season was actually pretty good and very self aware, but then for some reason in season 2 they started taking it wayyyyy too seriously, and it really suffered as a result. Now that they’re throwing in Frozen and switching focus to some of the less interesting characters I’m afraid this show may be in a bit of a crisis. 

8 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Honestly glad she’s free. The show was an absolute disaster in season 2 and season 3 looks to be much worse from the trailers they’ve released… 

It’s kind of sad too because the first season was actually pretty good and very self aware, but then for some reason in season 2 they started taking it wayyyyy too seriously, and it really suffered as a result. Now that they’re throwing in Frozen and switching focus to some of the less interesting characters I’m afraid this show may be in a bit of a crisis. 

Yep season 1 was shockingly good and then the quality fell off a cliff in S2. 

14 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

5 minutes ago, BuzzCharts said:

Yep season 1 was shockingly good and then the quality fell off a cliff in S2. 

We can pinpoint it to season 1’s chapter 4, rumor has it most of the production team left after it?

you know, Disney being home of phobic 

good for her, now she can dominate the charts properly :gaycat4:

Edited by Zeferino

It’ll be interesting to see how her acting career proceeds, since she seems to want to pursue both that and singing. She was up for the Snow White role but ultimately lost out to Rachel Zegler… would love to see her in other roles outside of Disney.

She's meant to be a Pop Star :jonny5:

Hopefully her TFM is coming as she's been listening to that album for inspiration

The show went straight down the tubes the second her and Joshua broke up and she broke out as a star. The drama between them rumoured everything and season 3 looks stupid as well. There are a lot of potential stars on this cast that I hope can shine in S4 without Olivia. 

Olivia needs to give us OR2 :duca:

No one really cares about her Disney role. We are here for her for her music artistry so good for her. :clap3:

Didnt even know she was in the show :deadbanana2:

38 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Didnt even know she was in the show :deadbanana2:

She was the star in season 1 and starred on another Disney show prior :deadbanana:

2 hours ago, youreyesgocold said:

Yep Season 2 was TERRIBLE :rip: I hope Season 3 is good, but I doubt it. I only watch for Joshua Bassett anyway.

I would love to see her on another TV show. She should pull a Brandy be a music star & have her own sitcom. 

When is the last time somebody done that?

2 hours ago, FAN said:

The show went straight down the tubes the second her and Joshua broke up and she broke out as a star. The drama between them rumoured everything and season 3 looks stupid as well. There are a lot of potential stars on this cast that I hope can shine in S4 without Olivia. 

Olivia needs to give us OR2 :duca:

Yeah it honestly hasn’t been the same since her and Josh broke up. Before all the drama everyone had good chemistry and that translated on screen, due to the drama and everyone “picking sides” the show feels more contrived imo.

It's giving SHES FREE!~ 

*releases music under Hollywood Records Disney Umbrella anyways

2 minutes ago, LCTV said:

It's giving SHES FREE!~ 

*releases music under Hollywood Records Disney Umbrella anyways

But her music is with Interscope? 

1 hour ago, Power love said:

I would love to see her on another TV show. She should pull a Brandy be a music star & have her own sitcom. 

When is the last time somebody done that?

Selena Gomez? 

8 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

Disney was the past. She's a big superstar now. 

She'll probably get Lorde-d with her sophomore as most gals do nowadays so I don't see how this is a good idea for her. :rip: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.