Star Wars: The Acolyte | Now on Disney+ with Carrie-Anne Moss & Amandla Stenberg

Hector

Really impressed by last week episode. I still think it's sad to get rid of a promising character so early (the padawan). 

Probably the best lightsaber fights we got since Disney bought Star Wars. It was creative and beautiful to watch. 

• Like 3

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Hector

• Chileno

• loveisdead9582

Episode 7 sucked :rip: 

Yeah this last episode was disappointing and it's frustrating how they have such a great story and intriguing characters but just aren't executing it well. They lead us to expecting a sinister coverup of what the Jedi did to the coven but when it came to the flashback there was no actual compelling reasoning, just Torbin being impulsive about wanting to go home? The deaths of the witches were also anticlimactic and just created more confusions for me.

Idk how they will conclude the story in a satisfying way with just one episode (that will prob be under an hour). Some moments I liked at least were the Kelnacca fight.

#JusticeForMotherAniseya

• Like 1

Spoiler

Poor Osha my god ... she's in the middle of a whole clusterf*ck of sh*t that all unraveled ... all because of everyone's own selfish wants

23 hours ago, judasmonster said:

Yeah this last episode was disappointing and it's frustrating how they have such a great story and intriguing characters but just aren't executing it well. They lead us to expecting a sinister coverup of what the Jedi did to the coven but when it came to the flashback there was no actual compelling reasoning, just Torbin being impulsive about wanting to go home? The deaths of the witches were also anticlimactic and just created more confusions for me.

Idk how they will conclude the story in a satisfying way with just one episode (that will prob be under an hour). Some moments I liked at least were the Kelnacca fight.

Best guess, the witches were in some sort of mind meld to control Kelnacca. It appeared that Indara attempted to reach into Kelnacca's mind to free him and the backlash fried the coven's minds all at once? 

I'll agree though, this episode needed a bigger punch than we got. It all just seems like a giant clusterfvck. 

• Like 1

The three Jedi fight was intense and great. It's been really a success on that point. 

as for the cover up, I like that it's realistic and really about the weakness of sol that has been showed since day 1. 

its very qui-gon-esque, except this weakness hasn't killed him yet. 

I really enjoyed pretty much all the fighting scenes. I also think they did a good job with set designs. That being said, while I loved the introduction to the story and believed it had potential, after episode 7 I must say that the plot development and general execution was butchered. There was no need to basically double the coven episode in an 8-episode season, and to serve such an anticlimactic explanation/reveal is just diabolical. I feel like it lacks substance and everything seems so superficial. I am super, super disappointed.

Posted (edited)

Very emotional finale. I think they nailed the landing nicely. Can't wait for season 2 and...

Spoiler

YODA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At the end was a great gasp worthy moment. 

Edited by Hector
  • Like 1

the ending was satisfying for me and I loved the setups they left for a next season..i just hope they keep the quality consistent for the next one 

• Like 1

this last ep kinda gagged me omg

Spoiler

YODA!!! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

:rip: 

Damn that sucks. The show wasn't perfect, but it did deserve another season. I want to see what happens next:chick3:

Hate to see incels get their way. I guess every show needs to be about white straight men...:michael:

• Thanks 4

And **** those incels (Elon including, he's celebrating currently). There was so much potential and I already loved this season as is :chick3:

• Thanks 1

I think this says more about the state of Star Wars as a whole than it does The Acolyte.  Most people just... didn't watch it.  And that's because BOBF was horrible, Mando S3 was horrible, Obi-Wan was just okay, and Ahsoka started strong but ended with a whimper.  The GP isn't excited for Star Wars anymore, because they've been let down time and time again.  The only true success in the last 3-4 years is Andor.

Skeleton Crew is going to flop.  The Mandalorian & Grogu is going to flop.  Disney needs to do a complete overhaul.  Tony Gilroy proved that when Disney actually allows creators to write an interesting, deep, well-constructed story, the audience will respond accordingly.  More of that, less fan-service and flashy expensive bullshit.

I hope they continue the story of The Acolyte somehow... be it a comic or animated series

• Like 1

I know that some people dislike the new Star Wars content because of alleged "wokeness" but many original Star Wars fans don't like it because Disney failed to capture the essence of Star Wars. Disney's stuff is just random mid-level sci-fi like like you might get from an original series on Syfy. It's like a large corporation bought an IP and just churns out content by rote to get a return on their investment. The fact that they didn't even put together a plan for the final trilogy before making the first one shows that they had no idea how to handle the property from the very beginning.

• Like 3

I hate that the show was cancelled. I wish we had gotten another season (even a shorter one) to wrap things up. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 7:19 AM, Gojira said:

I know that some people dislike the new Star Wars content because of alleged "wokeness" but many original Star Wars fans don't like it because Disney failed to capture the essence of Star Wars. Disney's stuff is just random mid-level sci-fi like like you might get from an original series on Syfy. It's like a large corporation bought an IP and just churns out content by rote to get a return on their investment. The fact that they didn't even put together a plan for the final trilogy before making the first one shows that they had no idea how to handle the property from the very beginning.

100% agree with you.

Disney completely failed (with Kennedy) to understand what makes SW, SW. And the new slate of films highlight that they still don't get it. No one wants to stay in the Skywalker era, even less with Rey.

As imperfect as it was, at least The Acolyte tried a different era which was quite refreshing to watch (and the best lightsabers duels since Lucas time). I know there are tons of other canon medias but it did show that the universe is huge and vast enough to bring new content and new perspective. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ctlp27 said:

100% agree with you.

Disney completely failed (with Kennedy) to understand what makes SW, SW. And the new slate of films highlight that they still don't get it. No one wants to stay in the Skywalker era, even less with Rey.

As imperfect as it was, at least The Acolyte tried a different era which was quite refreshing to watch (and the best lightsabers duels since Lucas time). I know there are tons of other canon medias but it did show that the universe is huge and vast enough to bring new content and new perspective. 

I think that people would have been open to a conclusion to the skywalker era had it been done right. At this point, they've kind of ended their shot at doing it right. Ahsoka and the Rebels continuation can be good (Grand Admiral Thrawne was a fantastic arc in the legends series) if it's done correctly. Tying it to the Mandalorian and Grogu is the biggest thing holding it back. 

For all its flaws, the Acolyte did at least try something new. I feel like it should have another season to explore that era and those characters. It could also open up the possibility of seeing how Palpatine was molded into the Sith Lord we all know him to be which would be an interesting watch. 

There are plans for a High Republic movie (which really should have come before the Acolyte) which could have had some character crossover and really helped with the Acolyte. We may see some of these characters appear in that movie which could potentially tie up some loose ends. As is, we were left with a lot of loose ends that need some sort of conclusion. 

The biggest issue is that they kind of tied their hands with the sequel trilogy. The New Republic was already gone. The new Jedi order was already gone. They really need to have a movie set after the sequel trilogy that introduces a compelling villain and leaves Rey as a Yoda-like figure - not a lot of screen time but present. 

I wouldn't mind if they tried to pick up the Acolyte's storyline in an animated series instead. It'd be way cheaper and would enable a fully fleshed out story. At its peak, George was throwing about $1 million an episode for clone wars but rebels was in the $500k neighborhood. The Acolyte cost about $180 million. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.