Star Wars: The Acolyte | Now on Disney+ with Carrie-Anne Moss & Amandla Stenberg

Hector

I'm excited for this series. I will always take more Carrie Anne Moss and Manny! It seems like they're delving into the Force lore which is what many fans have wanted to see for a while now. Being set earlier than any other material on our screens also has an advantage because with a couple of possible exceptions (yoda primarily) there aren't any established characters around. Wouldn't mind if we got to see Darth Plagueis on screen. We've seen a Nemodian on screen so maybe we'll get Plagueis training the precursor to palpatine? Or maybe it's something altogether unrelated. The only plot point I know for sure will happen is that ultimately the Jedi will overcome whatever the big bad is but beyond that…

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• Hector

• chris1991

• Chileno

2 hours ago, loveisdead9582 said:

I'm excited for this series. I will always take more Carrie Anne Moss and Manny! It seems like they're delving into the Force lore which is what many fans have wanted to see for a while now. Being set earlier than any other material on our screens also has an advantage because with a couple of possible exceptions (yoda primarily) there aren't any established characters around. Wouldn't mind if we got to see Darth Plagueis on screen. We've seen a Nemodian on screen so maybe we'll get Plagueis training the precursor to palpatine? Or maybe it's something altogether unrelated. The only plot point I know for sure will happen is that ultimately the Jedi will overcome whatever the big bad is but beyond that…

I don't know. At the time of Episode 1, the Jedi council believed that the sith were extinct so if those Jedi encounters that sith in the trailer, then I'd imagine they all die or the Jedi council at that time covers up the existence of the sith. Should be interesting to see how it'll follow canon. 

This looks so good :jonny:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Holy **** this new teaser got me so hype and I truly believe 

Spoiler

The twin sister theory now. The good sister was the one taken and trained by the Jedi, but Mae was left behind so I'm guessing she's framing her sister for the Jedi killing to get revenge? 

• 2 weeks later...

First two episodes were very strong :clap3: Gagged at the twist involving Mae & Osha.

Totally crushing over Charlie Barnett as Yord :jonny5: 

Absolutely loved it. Love the story. Love the characters. 

• Like 1

Not bad

2 hours ago, Hector said:

First two episodes were very strong :clap3: Gagged at the twist involving Mae & Osha.

Totally crushing over Charlie Barnett as Yord :jonny5: 

The shirtless scene OMG

• Like 2

The first episode was actually quite good!  Loved seeing a larger cast, colorful and interesting planets and aliens, NO pre-established characters, and a plot that isn't just "lone ranger roaming the galaxy while protecting child".  

Hope they manage to keep a positive trajectory!  Ahsoka started strong too, but ended with a whimper.

• Like 2

Loved the first two eps! I will keep watching! 

2 hours ago, Nicholai said:

The shirtless scene OMG

Omg not me rewinding and watching that scene multiple times :jonnycat:

I wanted to fight that padawan when she told him to put his clothes on! 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

Probably the strongest debut for a SW project in a long time (like Andor but took more time for me). 

these 30 mn are actually not that bad. 

i see the incels are having a very normal reaction to this, I wonder why :eli:

55 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

i see the incels are having a very normal reaction to this, I wonder why :eli:

It's insane! This is the worst I have ever seen for a Star Wars project. I've actively been trying to counter that with positive posts, lively and fun discussion on X and Reddit, and sharing funny memes. 

2 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

It's insane! This is the worst I have ever seen for a Star Wars project. I've actively been trying to counter that with positive posts, lively and fun discussion on X and Reddit, and sharing funny memes. 

i just watched the first ep and there is literally nothing so far to get that upset about, like :rip:

SW will just have to deal with racist incels for the rest of time unfortunately, bc they're not going to stop placing people of color in lead roles, which is ostensibly where the hate stems from :eli:

• Like 3

I can't stop thinking about the show. I'm so excited for the next episodes. I have a feeling that this season will be even better upon binging them all in one sitting. 

Let me share three things that stood out to me from this first two episodes 

Spoiler

1) I very much enjoyed seeing the Jedi order at the height of their power although it's about to start going downhill. I liked how different the Jedi were for the most part compared to the prequel trilogy Jedi. Noticeably with Indarra and Sol, they don't use their lightsabers at all when engaging. They only use it as a last resort. That's a huge difference to the prequel Jedi. And a great way to differentiate it from that time period. They're more attuned with the force. Whereas Yord is the opposite as he's quick to draw his lightsaber. It could be that he thinks highly of himself and kind of appears dogmatic so arguably Yord is a sign of where the Jedi order will end up in the prequel trilogy. Itll be interesting to see find out why those four Jedi are on a hit list and what repercussions it could have for the Jedi order. Another thing I noticed is that the Jedi are posted at local Jedi temples or station thru out the galaxy, being among the communities. Like indarra was with those common everyday people at that bar place or that local Jedi temple on another planet where torbin resided. It's a nice contrast to the prequel Jedi where they were centralized on coruscant. So i thought that was neat. 

2) I liked the show focusing on the duality theme with the twins, the light and dark side, and the Jedi. I don't know if you guys noticed this but the logo has two Os overlayed on each other. And the episode titles have dual words.  Episode one was Lost / Found and episode two was Revenge / Justice. So I think it's neat the duality theme is being explored a lot in this show. I'm excited to see how the whole things play out. I noticed some few things that I thought were interesting about Osha and Mae. Osha seems to be more like Anakin where she is dealing with unresolved inner conflicts and anger. And Mae, even though she's on the dark side, she shows humanity so she's not fully committed to the dark side. I have this theory that whatever mystery is revealed with what happened that the Jedi were involved in, it's possible Osha will slowly turn to the dark side over the course of the season and maybe join force with Mae or kill her and become the new acolyte. Kind of out there but I think it's worth thinking about. Especially considering the duality theme of the show. It's possible Sol will play a part in this. He seems like he wants to keep this "cover up" covered up and that's why he didn't let Osha confront Mae. So just something to think about…

3) lastly I like the high republic aesthetic. Obviously it's a great way to differentiate it from other Star Wars content. It's a very regal aesthetic and I like how the Jedi are wearing white and gold color in their Jedi robes. It kind of symbolizes that they are "pure" well regarded characters in the galaxy in contrast to the prequel trilogy where the Jedi are in bland tan and brown robes and not necessarily liked by everyone in the galaxy and that's before the clone wars made their reputation muddier. 

Overall I'm very excited to see the next few episodes, learn more about the sith, the mystery and everything else. I'm very intrigued by Qimir.

Spoiler

He's so suspicious to me lol. I think he's either another acolyte like Mae or he's the master's apprentice pretending to be that kind of comedic guy which leans into the duality theme! If he's the apprentice then he's probably looking for an acolyte to be groomed to take over as apprentice when he kills his master and become the new master. So he might be that guy in the mask. And he did know about osha being alive and where kelnacca was. Plus he was able to defend himself pretty quickly when Mae tried to attack him. So I think as of now, he's the likely candidate. 

If you guys want more star wars content especially the acolyte, go watch star wars explained on YouTube. One of the few content creators that is not toxic and is an ally of the lgbt community! He and his wife make great videos that explain things so well and has a great canon timeline video. 

• Like 2

I enjoy it! It's refreshing and different but familiar enough.

I can't wait to watch the mystery unfold. 

So far so good :duca:

Love that everyone is a new character

Honestly loved it and got hooked instantly! Writing and dialogues might be a little stronger, but a great start nonetheless.

Honestly the weakest SW show so far (tho it doesn't deserve such horrible user rating), but I'll continue watching.

Episode 3 … pacing was kinda weak…they rushed through a lot…what do you mean that lil fire…nvm

On 6/12/2024 at 11:29 PM, chris1991 said:

Episode 3 … pacing was kinda weak…they rushed through a lot…what do you mean that lil fire…nvm

There's a lot more to it. There's going to be another flashback episode maybe from the Jedi perspective. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.