Kim Petras reveals she had another scrapped album

Lady Claire

9 hours ago, Boysdontcry said:

*** Pop then came to her as an idea & was something she put together within a month (I'm guessing between Dec 2021 & Jan 2022). We got that in February & HIFTB was teased on the CD with a March 25th release date.

Kim says this 'Candy' album was the current state of the album 4 months ago. This takes us back to March 2022, when HIFTB was supposed to come out. Why would she be releasing a single that wasn't even on the updated album? And why has she kept premiering Problematique songs live throughout the year if they're not even coming out?

Tbh I wonder if the idea was to add HIFTB to **** Pop like they did with Party Till I Die to TOTL, and then scrapped that when the EP was poorly received

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• Boysdontcry

• Roger

• OmegaRidley

3 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Actually this is Republic's fault. When Kim was solely with Luke she was able to release new music literally every month and we even got 2 albums in one year... the second she signed that label contract now she has to achieve the approval from their executives. And they keep saying NO to whatever she brings, so this is basically ruining her career :deadbanana4:

It's not completely, it's Luke's for a big part

Also you do realise she only has been WITH Luke since she signed this Republic deal right?

Luke had no involvement in BunHead, which is the independent label she released every music release up till Future Starts Now on. That is why she was able to release so much music. That had nothing to do with Luke but with the freedom being an independent artist gave her.

Her signing to Luke's Republic imprint Amigo Records is where the trouble begins. Luke is also her boss, Luke also is at the executive meetings. The funny and sad thing is, if Luke and Kim would get in an argument and would ruin their professional relationship, Luke technically could in agreement with Republic sell his company to an other person and leave Kim hanging there under Amigo and extension Republic.

Whoever her manager is or was and Luke are probably the ones who talked her into this multiple album deal. I mean even if you don't believe Kesha, her label situation tells you enough about the struggle of a multiple album deal, which isn't even that common anymore these days. JoJo is an other story that tells you that a multiple album deal larger than 2 or 3 ruins your career

I feel Kim's fans are underestimating how much involvement Luke has in the situation overall. I mean even all her past releases are listed under Amigo Records now on streaming. Which is mainly a beneficial and financial gain for Luke. The Republic executives (beside Luke) probably say no because they handle her like any other new pop act they sign. But she already had a past. She would have been better off had she only signed a small album deal with Amigo for two albums and a distribution deal with Republic, but she got a very weird extensive record deal which anyone in her position should have been hesistant to sign.

Edited by J-esper

She recorded 12 songs in 1 month ? :rip:

they are rushing everything and for what ?

She keeps scrapping them albums 

1 hour ago, J-esper said:

Also you do realise she only has been WITH Luke since she signed this Republic deal right?

Luke had no involvement in BunHead, which is the independent label she released every music release up till Future Starts Now on. That is why she was able to release so much music. That had nothing to do with Luke but with the freedom being an independent artist gave her.

Her signing to Luke's Republic imprint Amigo Records is where the trouble begins. Luke is also her boss, Luke also is at the executive meetings. The funny and sad thing is, if Luke and Kim would get in an argument and would ruin their professional relationship, Luke technically could in agreement with Republic sell his company to an other person and leave Kim hanging there under Amigo and extension Republic.

Whoever her manager is or was and Luke are probably the ones who talked her into this multiple album deal. I mean even if you don't believe Kesha, her label situation tells you enough about the struggle of a multiple album deal, which isn't even that common anymore these days. JoJo is an other story that tells you that a multiple album deal larger than 2 or 3 ruins your career

I feel Kim's fans are underestimating how much involvement Luke has in the situation overall. I mean even all her past releases are listed under Amigo Records now on streaming. Which is mainly a beneficial and financial gain for Luke. The Republic executives (beside Luke) probably say no because they handle her like any other new pop act they sign. But she already had a past. She would have been better off had she only signed a small album deal with Amigo for two albums and a distribution deal with Republic, but she got a very weird extensive record deal which anyone in her position should have been hesistant to sign.

The first part of your post is not accurate. Luke was involved in Bunhead era Kim, despite her being independent. He not only produced all her music but he backed her. So saying she all of the sudden got with Luke after signing with Republic is simply not true. 

32 minutes ago, OmegaRidley said:

She recorded 12 songs in 1 month ? :rip:

they are rushing everything and for what ?

She keeps scrapping them albums 

Her recent ig story saying she thinks she had a release date but “hope it all happens” is disturbing. It’s like she can’t win, no matter how many songs she records. If they don’t release her music and LET a song become a hit, the potential of that happening isn’t even existent. Someone is actively sabotaging her at the label. 

55 minutes ago, Alfred said:

The first part of your post is not accurate. Luke was involved in Bunhead era Kim, despite her being independent. He not only produced all her music but he backed her. So saying she all of the sudden got with Luke after signing with Republic is simply not true. 

Her recent ig story saying she thinks she had a release date but “hope it all happens” is disturbing. It’s like she can’t win, no matter how many songs she records. If they don’t release her music and LET a song become a hit, the potential of that happening isn’t even existent. Someone is actively sabotaging her at the label. 

That's not what I said though.

Luke produced for her When she was independent but she didn't have a multiple album legally binding contract holding her back and influencing her music scedule.

Backing 'Someone is something different than being signed to :rip: and I didn't said she all of sudden was working with Luke, she Just wasn't WITH him as in signed as in het boss.

Her signing to Amigo is the reason she is with Republic records. Luke is for a big part responsible for her current situation. 

Edited by J-esper

Ever since they booked her her biggest tv performance to date and had her do a medley of two songs that weren’t even out yet I knew her label/team had no clue what the **** they were doing

To this day none of the moves of this new era have made any sense

She is literally so DUMB!

I don't even care anymore

Ava washed and replaced her anyway

tumblr_inline_o1u0hcawV11rr2z3y_500.gif

she should get skinny again and bring back the ponytail. Icy will go top 5 instantly :jonny5:

9 hours ago, J-esper said:

But why would Luke stop her from releasing music that he produced himself? This makes no sense to me. He produces all of her music and the label said no to what they made, and only now she’s working with more people aside from him for the first time. If she had trouble after working with more producers then I would notice something weird.

Kesha’s troubles with him started to be more notable in public after she wanted to do something else with Warrior and he refused, so she ultimately released the album he wanted or It wouldn’t be released. And of course their personal issues that were revealed years later.

And she was already signed to Luke btw, one of her friends confirmed. He was backing for all of her music and BunHead was created with his own help.

Edited by Lady Claire

4 hours ago, shookspeare said:

she should get skinny again and bring back the ponytail. Icy will go top 5 instantly :jonny5:

She’s getting skinny again. She posted a selfie a week ago looking a lot slimmer.

10 hours ago, J-esper said:

That's not what I said though.

Luke produced for her When she was independent but she didn't have a multiple album legally binding contract holding her back and influencing her music scedule.

Backing 'Someone is something different than being signed to :rip: and I didn't said she all of sudden was working with Luke, she Just wasn't WITH him as in signed as in het boss.

Her signing to Amigo is the reason she is with Republic records. Luke is for a big part responsible for her current situation. 

You think she wasn’t tied up in contracts with Luke since day one? :rip: That man doesn’t let people release music he’s worked on without undercutting them somehow. There are countless stories about this. He *always* has had a full say in when and how her music gets released, make no mistake. The difference is in 2017 his career had nothing to lose and he was at rock bottom so things were a little different then 

FYX8L4eXoAAbsRk?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like Clarity era all over again

2 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

FYX8L4eXoAAbsRk?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like Clarity era all over again

This is a bts from a 2019 photoshoot by Devyn Galindo. It was for Vogue or V Mag, I think 

It was kinda obvious that she was contractually bound to Luke since day one … I highly doubt a man notorious for his deals would be producing 3 albums worth of material for Kim without receiving most of the royalties.

Republic is why she’s in album limbo, not Luke. She’s had no problem releasing under him before and Luke himself is signed to Republic now. 

The CEOs / her A&R need to just take her entire hard drive and pick the 18 best songs and make an album from it :rip: Pull a SZA at this point

51 minutes ago, GardenPanty said:

It was kinda obvious that she was contractually bound to Luke since day one … I highly doubt a man notorious for his deals would be producing 3 albums worth of material for Kim without receiving most of the royalties.

Republic is why she’s in album limbo, not Luke. She’s had no problem releasing under him before and Luke himself is signed to Republic now. 

The CEOs / her A&R need to just take her entire hard drive and pick the 18 best songs and make an album from it :rip: Pull a SZA at this point

yeah but its the exact OPPOSITE situation

SZA herself was holding up the album and music release whereas kim is basically BEGGING to release and its the label itself who is stalling the process 

Leak the rest of Problematique, let her have an xcxworld moment

On 7/23/2022 at 3:37 AM, AbeHicks said:

She is literally so DUMB!

I don't even care anymore

Ava washed and replaced her anyway

tumblr_inline_o1u0hcawV11rr2z3y_500.gif

This is very funny because most Charli fans love Kim. But they couldn't care less about Ava. 

Ava's label is trying very hard to make Ava happen though lol

25 minutes ago, Roger said:

This is very funny because most Charli fans love Kim. But they couldn't care less about Ava. 

Ava's label is trying very hard to make Ava happen though lol

Who mentioned Charli? :rip: And Ava made her breakthrough already so idk what you're trying to say here

2 hours ago, GardenPanty said:

Exactly. Aaron said the album is not out bc it wasn’t approved by Republic… why would Luke reject something he made himself? :deadbanana4:

8 hours ago, Schami66 said:

This is a bts from a 2019 photoshoot by Devyn Galindo. It was for Vogue or V Mag, I think 

So indeed Clarity era :chick3: thought it was new since she posted this weekend

—-

I think Kim looks great regardless of her weight but some styling choices were questionable :emofish: sometimes she get it right like the NYC pride look which she served

3 hours ago, Supervillain said:

Who mentioned Charli? :rip: And Ava made her breakthrough already so idk what you're trying to say here

Me, baby. 

On 7/23/2022 at 2:33 AM, Shoful said:

Is she Gaga 2.0?

ARTPOP Act II

LG5 (Redone)

Free Woman Album

I feel like I’m missing some :deadbanana:

free woman album?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.