Coldplay the first act in Spotify history with +1B songs in their first four albums

gustavothehuman

And none of them came out during the streaming era :jonny6:

Edited by gustavothehuman

All absolute 11/10 classics. Speed Of Sound and A Rush... deserved too

Just out of curiosity who else is close with 3/4.  

I can think of Ariana Grande, The Weeknd, and Post Malone

3 minutes ago, Daddy said:

All absolute 11/10 classics. Speed Of Sound and A Rush... deserved too

I don't listen to Speed of Sound that much anymore but I'll never forget how I heard it for the first time along with the video and got actual chills :worship2:

7 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Ariana and Eminem are only missing their first albums if I remember correctly. Post will need to turn around this era's underperformance soon to achieve this and Bruno is likely doing it on his next solo effort.

Edited by gustavothehuman

46 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Ariana has all except her debut. 

2 hours ago, byzantium said:

The Weeknd isn't even close to achieving this, I'm afraid. "Wicked Games" off his first project "Trilogy" has yet to reach the 500 million mark, and his label debut "Kiss Land" is infamously known as a certified (but cult classic) flop, with its most streamed song ("Live For" with Drake) not even reaching the 100 million mark :dies:

2 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

Ariana and Eminem are only missing their first albums if I remember correctly. Post will need to turn around this era's underperformance soon to achieve this and Bruno is likely doing it on his next solo effort.

"One Right Now" off Post's "twelve carat toothache" already has more streams than Ariana Grande's most streamed song from "Yours Truly" ("The Way"), and if "I Like You (A Happier Song)" keeps up its promising momentum, I do think he's closer to achieving this. Ariana's only hope is if something off her debut goes viral on TikTok - which would be insanely deserved because that album is fantastic:heart:

As for Eminem, I just looked over his discography on Spotify and both "The Slim Shady LP" and "Encore" are missing 1B songs, with the latter actually being closer thanks to "Mockingbird" (around 631 million). I'm surprised "My Name Is..." is only at around 396,800,000). 

Based on my quick research, I'm afraid the artist closest to reaching Coldplay's feat is fellow overhated Brit Ed Sheeran. "The A Team" off his debut has around 795 million streams, while "Multiply", "Divide", "No. 6 Collaborations Project", and "Equals" all have at least one song with 1B streams. King behaviour...I said what I said

Edited by Moonlight Nation
Duh! How could I forget about Adele. "Easy On Me" will reach the mark this year, and "Make You Feel My Love" off "19" is already at nearly 810 million streams. The British are way too powerful!

So the songs are Yellow, The Scientist, Fix You and Viva La Vida right?

Coldplay will probably extend with Paradise (805M) and a Sky Full of Stars (900m). This achievement is just massively impressive.

1 minute ago, Mr. Duff said:

Coldplay will probably extend with Paradise (805M) and a Sky Full of Stars (900m). This achievement is just massively impressive.

I forgot that Hymn for the Weekend (920M) is also comning for 1B. Legends! :worship2:

7 hours ago, I'm JAVIng Fun said:

So the songs are Yellow, The Scientist, Fix You and Viva La Vida right?

Yes!

17 minutes ago, Mr. Duff said:

I forgot that Hymn for the Weekend (920M) is also comning for 1B. Legends! :worship2:

I think by the end of the next year only Everyday Life will be lacking a +1B song, unless something from it goes viral on TikTok (hopefully Arabesque).

22 hours ago, byzantium said:

Adele.

19: MYFML - 810M+

21: RITD/SLY - 1B+

25: Hello - 1B+

30: Easy On Me - 1B+ in a few months.

By early 2023, she will be the first solo act with songs with 1B+ streams from their first 4 albums, not just 4 albums in general. 

Of the other 2000’s MPG’s, nobody is even close. Within their first four albums, they have 1 or 2 whose songs don’t have very high recurrent streams overall. Taylor Swift has her Debut/Speak Now. Rihanna has MOTS/AGLM/RR. Beyoncé has B’Day/4. Lady Gaga has TF/TFM but then she has BTW/ARTPOP. Katy Perry has Witness. Ariana Grande has Yours Truly. 

The only girls that could achieve this are the newer ones ie. Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa etc.

Ed Sheeran will also, by early next year. A-Team/Lego House are hitting 1B soon. 

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

3 hours ago, gustavothehuman said:

Yes!

I think by the end of the next year only Everyday Life will be lacking a +1B song, unless something from it goes viral on TikTok (hopefully Arabesque).

There's no hope for that album :rip: They went indie for that one and while I love Orphans so much, it won't be hitting even 500M soon.

1 hour ago, Mr. Duff said:

There's no hope for that album :rip: They went indie for that one and while I love Orphans so much, it won't be hitting even 500M soon.

It would help if they performed something from it on tour :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.