Adele Credited For UK Music Industry's Soaring Popularity

OrgVisual

22 hours ago, Teen Idle said:

Brits and especially Canadians seem to be overrepresented in the anglophone entertainment industry compared to Americans. Think of the largest pop stars of the past 30 years and so many of them are from these countries despite having much smaller populations. I wonder why this is?

More talent

12 hours ago, Yog said:

Dave who?

OT: Queen Of Pop especially in the UK! 

Girl, Dave is one of the biggest artists in the UK :deadbanana2:

19 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Girl, Dave is one of the biggest artists in the UK :deadbanana2:

And apparently not global if I haven’t heard of him ?

16 minutes ago, Yog said:

And apparently not global if I haven’t heard of him ?

Or maybe the world just doesn't revolve around you and who you have heard of? :rip: Some of the biggest artists in the UK are artists like Dave and Stormzy who make grime music, a genre that essentially only exists in the UK, so it's not music that is even intended or designed for a global audience.. even so Dave's last album charted in the top ten in Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Ireland (#1), New Zealand, and Norway.

In the UK, Dave had the highest first-week album sales of the year before Ed/Abba/Adele all released in Q4, and he is more successful, relevant, and acclaimed than a lot of pop artists.

IMG_3827.thumb.PNG.4afe1f25cc9e00a5041ad

On 7/20/2022 at 5:52 AM, Tropez said:

Atrl doesn’t like to hear this. Please hide this thread. 

Not atrl only stans of an act who’s threatened by better female writers and singers 

On 7/20/2022 at 5:52 AM, Tropez said:

Atrl doesn’t like to hear this. Please hide this thread. 

Not atrl only stans of an act who’s threatened by better female writers and singers 

1 hour ago, Miichael said:

Or maybe the world just doesn't revolve around you and who you have heard of? :rip: Some of the biggest artists in the UK are artists like Dave and Stormzy who make grime music, a genre that essentially only exists in the UK, so it's not music that is even intended or designed for a global audience.. even so Dave's last album charted in the top ten in Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Ireland (#1), New Zealand, and Norway.

In the UK, Dave had the highest first-week album sales of the year before Ed/Abba/Adele all released in Q4, and he is more successful, relevant, and acclaimed than a lot of pop artists.

IMG_3827.thumb.PNG.4afe1f25cc9e00a5041ad

the attitude is very unnecessary, I genuinely don’t keep up with other UK rappers other than Stormzy of course and there’s absolutely no need attempting to drag 100M certified WW units global icon Sam Smith because I’m not familiar with him perhaps you can recommend some songs & albums I can get familiar with him ❤️

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.