Amanda Seyfried auditioned to play Glinda in 'Wicked'

okgo

Amanda Seyfried took a break from transforming into Elizabeth Holmes to prepare to be Glinda the Good Witch for Jon M. Chu’s upcoming “Wicked” musical adaptation.

Oscar and Emmy nominee Seyfried, who played Theranos founder and convicted fraudster Holmes for Hulu’s “The Dropout,” told Backstage that it was her dream to audition for “Wicked.” Despite not landing the role of Glinda, Seyfried was proud of her audition, which proved just how far her singing range has come since the days of “Les Misérables” (2012) and “Mamma Mia!” (2008).

“I have dreams that I’m still auditioning for ‘Wicked,'” Seyfried said. “Last summer while I was playing Elizabeth [on ‘The Dropout’], on the weekends I was auditioning in person to play Glinda in the movie version of ‘Wicked’ — because I wanted it that much that I was like, ‘You know what? Yeah, I have to play the last scene of ‘The Dropout’ on Tuesday. I’ll give my Sunday to you.’ I literally bent over backwards while playing the hardest role of my life.”

She added, “But I think it also taught me how far I’ve come as a singer, which I really wanted to prove. Because ever since ‘Les Mis,’ I was like, I need to be better. I need to do better. So whatever comes next in terms of musicals, I’m finally prepared.”

And she would have ate!

She could have ANY role she wants if it was up to me :jonny:

ugh this is so frustrating, she would have been so much better for the part than the tragic mess we ended up with :doc:

it’s insane how this movie went from being one of the most anticipated events ever by Broadway/musical nerds to nobody wanting to see it :rip: 

omg she would have slay the roles.

Hollywood need to make more musical and cast Amanda Seyfried and Anne Hathaway in those singing roles, they are perfect for musical (camp acting and good singing voice)

Still hope Ariana do well, im always rooting for musical in genral 

Why did they choose Ariana? No shade but she is a terrible actress

Glad they picked the better artist. :clap3:

7 minutes ago, Squall said:

Why did they choose Ariana? No shade but she is a terrible actress

But she is a much better singer than all these actresses.

:rip:

Amanda would have been MUCH better for the role. What a shame. 

moonlitdick
1 hour ago, TaylorNation said:

ugh this is so frustrating, she would have been so much better for the part than the tragic mess we ended up with :doc:

it’s insane how this movie went from being one of the most anticipated events ever by Broadway/musical nerds to nobody wanting to see it :rip: 

And what exactly are you basing this off of? :rip:

Better luck next time Amanda!

she was never going to win against Ari, at least she gave her best

both amanda and dove cameron would have been infinitely better than ariana as glinda but they really stood no chance against ariana solely because of her fame. i can’t wait to see the casting + the movie being split into two parts bite them in the ass and make them lose money though :clap3: 

Now make Mama Mia 3 sis :clap3:

1 hour ago, moonlitdick said:

And what exactly are you basing this off of? :rip:

Better luck next time Amanda!

the internet? :rip: perhaps if you had a look at other places besides ATRL and ArianaUpdatez1994 on twitter you would know sis

off of social media and Broadway forum reactions, everyone is clowning this movie and no one is excited anymore beyond Ariana stans :rip: 

10 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

the internet? :rip: perhaps if you had a look at other places besides ATRL and ArianaUpdatez1994 on twitter you would know sis

off of social media and Broadway forum reactions, everyone is clowning this movie and no one is excited anymore beyond Ariana stans :rip: 

:bibliahh:

OAH are really funny.

moonlitdick
14 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

Yes, I’m sure you’ve asked each & every person of the millions interested in the musical what they think about this adaption :rip::rip::rip: tell us more TaylorNation :deadbanana4: since you have so much intel & can allegedly read minds.

Should’ve been Amanda :jonny: LOVE her. 

4 minutes ago, moonlitdick said:

Yes, I’m sure you’ve asked each & every person of the millions interested in the musical what they think about this adaption :rip::rip::rip: tell us more TaylorNation :deadbanana4: since you have so much intel & can allegedly read minds.

not an account named TaylorNation trying to dunk on Ariana in a thread about Amanda Seyfried :bibliahh: obsessed/unhinged behaviour. 

OT: Amanda is a great actress but she doesn't have the vocals for Glinda. People underestimating how vocally demanding the role is :rip: 

12 minutes ago, Jude said:

:bibliahh:

OAH are really funny.

except i’m not an OAH, that’s what makes the reactions from Ariana stans to my opinions on  this movie so funny :ahh:

3 minutes ago, moonlitdick said:

not only this is a toddler level comeback, you also have no idea what you’re talking about :rip: 

you can dRaG mE :isudumblmao: all you want but the fact remains that the reactions to the casting of the leads, or even that stupid announcement of the two parts, have gone down like a lead ballon.

we all saw what happened with Cats and Dear Evan Hansen (both from Universal incidentally) when the theater community did not support them. not saying this is what’s going to happen here but almost nobody is happy with the creative choices so far and the only ones fully on board are the Ariana stans

moonlitdick
14 minutes ago, TaylorNation said:

except i’m not an OAH, that’s what makes the reactions from Ariana stans to my opinions on  this movie so funny :ahh:

not only this is a toddler level comeback, you also have no idea what you’re talking about :rip: 

you can dRaG mE :isudumblmao: all you want but the fact remains that the reactions to the casting of the leads, or even that stupid announcement of the two parts, have gone down like a lead ballon.

we all saw what happened with Cats and Dear Evan Hansen (both from Universal incidentally) when the theater community did not support them. not saying this is what’s going to happen here but almost nobody is happy with the creative choices so far and the only ones fully on board are the Ariana stans

Fact remains that we have no concrete proof that this movie won’t be received well.
No reviews, no trailer, the movie hasn’t even been shot yet…. :deadbanana4::rip:

Once you have anything tangible regarding Wicked 2024 (not those other movies you referred to for a weak attempt at some context :bibliahh:) to back up what you’re saying, then we’ll hear you out. Empty statements simply aren’t enough.

also Cats was terrible all around :bibliahh:

Edited by moonlitdick

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.