Is Gaga back to Madonna/M.Jackson level on tour?

Link16

1 hour ago, unclefloprry said:

doing this? :deadbanana: maybe she's on Ariana's level

Ariana couldn't even execute 1/4 of whatever this choreo is, let's not. 

@OP Yes, this tour is actually very impressive for her.  Her energy is insane.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jjang

• zino

• GlamSlam

• Rican

Madonna would never just perform her songs unchanged with the same tired choreographies. A new Madonna tour means a whole new body of work / vision. Gaga just relies on past gimmicks and relics while she does that stiff chicken dance 

39 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Vocally? She’s way better. Dancing? They were better. Stage presence? She’s on par. 

No lies detected! 

6 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Madonna would never just perform her songs unchanged with the same tired choreographies. A new Madonna tour means a whole new body of work / vision. Gaga just relies on past gimmicks and relics while she does that stiff chicken dance 

She has fibromyalgia and doesn’t have a dancing background, yet is a better dancer than most of her peers. 

No Laurianne Gibson, no MJ/Madonna level

tenor.gif

She really should do simpler choreography. This is no shade whatsoever, and it's really impressive that she performs intensely despite her health condition, but she looks a mess dancing like this.

Gaga is a very bad dancer.

but she sings live.

not even close to the legends tho

She been the same level as madonna/mj since the monster ball tour. 

Why would you ask ATRL this? You know damn well what the answer is going to be from this echo chamber :rip: You're not going to get serious answers and discussion here, just bias from both sides.

Edited by PoisonCandy

She's above them.

2 hours ago, unclefloprry said:

doing this? :deadbanana: maybe she's on Ariana's level

Whoever told her she could dance should be sued.

52 minutes ago, lonnie said:

She really should do simpler choreography. This is no shade whatsoever, and it's really impressive that she performs intensely despite her health condition, but she looks a mess dancing like this.

I agree, this looks cool but she doesn't need to try and dance that hard...

i know she's never been a dancer, but bums me out to see her so stiff. it's giving MDNA/rebel heart madonna. the show does seem like a good old-school big pop concert though. 

Surely you mean with ticket sales? 

All 3 are very different kind of performers with different priorities as performers. But I'll say this.

It's NOT easy to put on a POP show with 100% live vocals. For a minute, let's talk about what considerations performers usually have to keep in mind while performing.

They have to remember the lyrics, the choreography routines, keep track of the outfit changes, (sometimes) makeup/wig changes. Then, comes the in-ear monitors. When you're on that stage, you hear the sound cues (verse 1, chorus, verse 2...), the click track, directions from the backstage crew, the musical director, etc. To be able to focus on your performance while you're hearing all that constantly, it's distracting and complicates things. Now, on top of all that, when you add the component of live singing, that's an additional layer of complexity that you as a performer have to deal with. When you're lipsyncing, you just practice moving your lips to the backing track and you'll be mostly fine. But when you're someone like Gaga who makes a conscious artistic choice to sing live throughout the show? You have to understand that she has to know what notes to hit, how to access those notes, how much to project with her voice, how to switch between head, chest and mixed voice and at what times, what type of riffs, runs, belts to do etc to have the desired vocal output and effect. That's a LOT for anybody, and then you have the added pressure to entertain a huge stadium crowd with all that. That's not easy. Then, she also has a piano section in her shows, which is a signature part of her brand as a performer and she has to nail that piano performance too, which she almost always does (in fact, her piano performances are often the highlights of her shows). And if all that isn't enough, she's also often interacting with the crowd in-between the songs and making them feel like they're a part of the experience with her.

What she's doing is nothing short of an extraordinary feat. There are very few live performers who can do all that and still radiate great stage presence and put on a great show that the audience can fully enjoy, let's just put it that way. She's unique and special and will 100% go down as one of the best performers in history in due time.

Edited by Marry Illusion Glory

Vocally ? Yes much better than both of them (no offense to MJ and his fans)

Dancing ( She is on the same level as Madonna but MJ is unreachable obviously) 

Stage Presence - She is above Madonna for sure 

1 hour ago, PoisonCandy said:

Why would you ask ATRL this? You know damn well what the answer is going to be from this echo chamber :rip: You're not going to get serious answers and discussion here, just bias from both sides.

Also this.. OP knew damn well how this site is infested with OGHs so they already knew what the answer from maximum folks was gonna be 

what gaga has that not many can do is her ability to sing live the whole time while having that energy. idk if madonna sang her concerts live all the time back in the day, but i know mj didn't. like even looking back at her superbowl its insane the level of breath control she has.. i'm not sure who else can do it like her.

Edited by HabbGaga

3 hours ago, Stan.killah said:

What a huge insult to Madonna and Janet

tenor.gif 

On the stage she has surpass Madonna and Janet, wyd? The days of awarding and praising lip syncers are long gone. Gaga is way more talented than them because she is a live act.

She only rivals Michael Jackson but yet again he too lip sync so I’m unsure. I do know that in regards to singing live at shows Gaga only rivals Whitney Houston. 

That’s an insult to the pop monarchs 

4 minutes ago, Rican said:

On the stage she has surpass Madonna and Janet, wyd? The days of awarding and praising lip syncers are long gone. Gaga is way more talented than them because she is a live act.

She only rivals Michael Jackson but yet again he too lip sync so I’m unsure. I do know that in regards to singing live at shows Gaga only rivals Whitney Houston. 

Give me a flawless Beyoncé or Britney performance that's lipsynched over someone with foghorn vocals that screams/screeches constantly with horrid choreo :swan:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.