AOC gets arrested at an abortion rights protest out the Supreme Court

Michael196

A Queen who is OF her word. We love her!

lock her UP!

also why are her hands behind her back as if she's handcuffed, we can see she's not :rip:

Here's the full list, including queen Barbara Lee

Was she really pretending to be handcuffed? Omg i remember when she used to seem promising as a newcomer but I saw she was doing twitch streams with internet influencers and taking staged crying photos, I don't understand her obsession with theater and clout these days.

4 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Was she really pretending to be handcuffed? Omg i remember when she used to seem promising as a newcomer but I saw she was doing twitch streams with internet influencers and taking staged crying photos, I don't understand her obsession with theater and clout these days.

1 minute ago, FOCK said:

This is theatre. 

All politics is theatre 

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

All politics is theatre 

Nope. 

Americans have just resigned themselves to accepting & not challenging this falsehood. 

Politics can be substantive & is in many parts of the world. 

14 minutes ago, FOCK said:

This is theatre. 

Agreed. She and the other progressives could have used their leverage in pushing their agenda but chose to be passive instead. I like AOC but it's a lot of talking and less action. 

• ATRL Moderator
19 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Was she really pretending to be handcuffed?

You're being so extra :rip: Obviously the cop told her to put her hands behind her back cause she was under arrest, so she naturally put them back there. If she was "pretending to be handcuffed" she wouldn't have raised her fist in the air :skull: :skull: This is literally a talking point for Republicans right now and it's, no offense, asinine to focus on something as frivolous as that.

4 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

You're being so extra :rip: Obviously the cop told her to put her hands behind her back cause she was under arrest, so she naturally put them back there. If she was "pretending to be handcuffed" she wouldn't have raised her fist in the air :skull: :skull: This is literally a talking point for Republicans right now and it's, no offense, asinine to focus on something as frivolous as that.

the other woman being arrested doesn't have her hands behind her back, so

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Agreed. She and the other progressives could have used their leverage in pushing their agenda but chose to be passive instead. I like AOC but it's a lot of talking and less action. 

What more action do you expect? As a congresswoman — which is her job — she already helped pass the Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022 literally four days ago. Do you think that AOC has the power to get Schumer to force a Senate vote? :skull: And then the power to make Sinema and Machin vote yes on it? Not happening!

It's well-documented how even other Dems don't want to work with AOC because they see her as too progressive. And yet people expect her to move heaven and earth with her VERY limited power as 1 of 435 members of the House. She is writing legislation, doing amazing local work for her community, running her personal social media as a way to educate people about progressive causes, and people still want to **** on her constantly for "not doing enough." It's ridiculous.

The way AOC will do anything to get headlines, even getting arrested. :deadbanana2:

• ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

the other woman being arrested doesn't have her hands behind her back, so

And? What does that woman's ability to follow directions have to do with this? AND she put them back there seconds later, probably when she was directed to:

Where either them has their hands is not a real issue.

6 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

What more action do you expect? As a congresswoman — which is her job — she already helped pass the Women’s Health Protection Act of 2022 literally four days ago. Do you think that AOC has the power to get Schumer to force a Senate vote? :skull: And then the power to make Sinema and Machin vote yes on it? Not happening!

It's well-documented how even other Dems don't want to work with AOC because they see her as too progressive. And yet people expect her to move heaven and earth with her VERY limited power as 1 of 435 members of the House. She is writing legislation, doing amazing local work for her community, running her personal social media as a way to educate people about progressive causes, and people still want to **** on her constantly for "not doing enough." It's ridiculous.

Well said.

12 minutes ago, bad guy said:

So true. As a progressive who was inspired by Bernie Sanders vision, I’m supremely disappointed in the Squad’s inaction.

I knew they weren't leaders when they didn’t Force The Vote over Medicare 4 All. They had that old h*g Pelosi by the neck and then they just let the moment slip. Jimmy Dore was right about them.

lol and this is happening under a democratic president ruled country... Pathetic. Biden is far more worse than Trump. 

If only the police put as much energy into saving those children in Uvalde

She's such a fraud. The minute she got into Congress she dropped the whole "from the river to the sea, Palestine must be free" shtick and just became a shill for Israel. :priceless:

16 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

They could have withheld their votes in order to put forth their agenda, but didn't to appease the moderate Dems and surprise surprise they got nothing out of it. They don't know how to play politics. For example withholding their votes for Nancy Pelosi in order to force her to bring M4A to a House vote. Instead they did none of that and just voted for her anyway without getting any of their agenda moved forward. It's not just AOC that's disappointing it's the entire progressive caucus that are ineffective. They just talk.

• ATRL Moderator
5 minutes ago, Jynx672 said:

She's such a fraud. The minute she got into Congress she dropped the whole "from the river to the sea, Palestine must be free" shtick and just became a shill for Israel. :priceless:

Can you post your evidence of her being "a shill for Israel"?

There's a difference between making Palestine the main focus of her work (as if she's not trying to put out a million fires a day since her election) and being "a shill for Israel." Maybe do some research and try to approach topics with nuance.

A lot of you obviously have never been arrested. They tell u to put your hands back. If there werent a **** ton of people there and she wasnt AOC they would have put her arm down and probably tackled her. No its not an over exageration, speaking as someone who had been in trouble with the law countless times since i was a juvenile. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.