Out gay mayor in Oklahoma resigns after getting death threats, stalked, tires slashed

Espresso

Why are people so ******* cruel :rip: no one deserves this 

America.

If I were him I would track those people and end them or make their life miserable

I understand he doesn’t feel safe anymore, but sadly maybe the solution is that a gay man actually gives the other side a shot of their own poison

I understand why he did that BUT it's not really helping the situation? He's just fueling their mindset that doing this is going to scare us and make us back down on our stances

That's so sad. :'( 

He's a mayor and he resigns cuz he's bullied by homophobes? I mean i understand where he is coming from but this is not a good way to do it, so sad. I would drag their asses to court if I could.

21 minutes ago, MardinBeksloy said:

He's a mayor and he resigns cuz he's bullied by homophobes? I mean i understand where he is coming from but this is not a good way to do it, so sad. I would drag their asses to court if I could.

He’s getting death threats sis - what if he doesn’t want to risk dying for a mediocre job 

America, the greatest country ever existed in history, the lecturer of human rights and model of how a civilized society should be like :toofunny3:

32 minutes ago, Cheers said:

I understand why he did that BUT it's not really helping the situation? He's just fueling their mindset that doing this is going to scare us and make us back down on our stances

Dude was being followed and had his tires slashed, it’s obviously escalated to genuine threats on his safety rather than just mean online comments

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

Dude was being followed and had his tires slashed, it’s obviously escalated to genuine threats on his safety rather than just mean online comments

I know that? Still doesn't change what I said.

Poor man. He should move to a more progressive state

25 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Right? :rip:

28 minutes ago, Cheers said:

1 minute ago, Power love said:

Right? :rip:

If y’all wanna get killed be my guest I suppose ? if y’all think some martyr movement is gonna come out of it good luck

31 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

Poor man. He should move to a more progressive state

Which one?  They are all so expensive because the NIMBYS keep refusing to do anything about the housing shortage.  

Imagine shaming him for resigning instead of shaming the community (The Village no the lgbt community) for not coming together to show the few psychotic outliers that they don't represent the community and this behavior should not be tolerated. 

2 hours ago, infrared said:

He’s getting death threats sis - what if he doesn’t want to risk dying for a mediocre job 

It’s very common for state politicians to get threat threats. The mayor of Chicago for example is a queer black woman and gets them on almost on a daily basis, and that’s a major city where crime is out of control in parts 

He can do what he wants to protect his own mental health and well-being, but it’s letting the local bigots of that Oklahoma town win either way you flip it. Being a politician of that stature comes with a lot of backlash by default, and to be openly gay in an ultra conservative region of the states.. it’s like your setting yourself up and you’d think he was ready to take them on. 

Things must be going pretty badly that he had to take such actions 

This is so heartbreaking because I have an good mutual old classmate who knows this former mayor, I ******* hate this state :biblio:

Edited by Yog

"Homophobia isn't a big issue anymore, gay men are priviledged!!!1!"

45 minutes ago, Protocol said:

"Homophobia isn't a big issue anymore, gay men are priviledged!!!1!"

It’s obvious we are backsliding and homophobia is still an issue. Let’s not forget that ten years ago most people didn’t even support gay marriage. 

1 hour ago, BGKC said:

It’s very common for state politicians to get threat threats. The mayor of Chicago for example is a queer black woman and gets them on almost on a daily basis, and that’s a major city where crime is out of control in parts 

He can do what he wants to protect his own mental health and well-being, but it’s letting the local bigots of that Oklahoma town win either way you flip it. Being a politician of that stature comes with a lot of backlash by default, and to be openly gay in an ultra conservative region of the states.. it’s like your setting yourself up and you’d think he was ready to take them on. 

True, but I also imagine that the the mayor of Chicago has far better security than the mayor of a very small town in Oklahoma.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.